Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: sabrina_ltl

Wow!!! You must really love his acting a lot then. I dont think I know many people who would watch a show they didnt like just to catch a glimpse of their favorite actor. In fact, many would prefer to put up a poster of their fav. actor on their bedroom wall and stare at it instead 😆

Well, that would be a bit shallow, wouldn't it? I'm into his acting, not how he looks. So really, staring at his poster wouldn't bring me any magic or joy 😆
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing Niveditha!!

CONGRATS to all the LTLians!!! 🥳🥳🥳
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Elysia

Lol. That's not the magic of LTL anymore. That's the magic of Mishal Raheja 😊 LTL is no longer what it was pre-January. It's a fact, whether people admit it or not. But yeah, some find the show magical even with its new style.

@ Bold: You can't possibly call an opinion a 'fact'. Many people calls their beliefs 'facts' because they heavily believe in it, and their beliefs are unwavering- yet ultimately, if there's no hard concrete evidence, it remains an opinion. If other people have different views, then again, that so called fact, remains an opinion. You can't disguise your opinion with the word fact, since it is not a sound judgement to the majority of people.

Anyway, glad to know the show's doing well 😃 x
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pyari_Zahra

@ Bold: You can't possibly call an opinion a 'fact'. Many people calls their beliefs 'facts' because they heavily believe in it, and their beliefs are unwavering- yet ultimately, if there's no hard concrete evidence, it remains an opinion. If other people have different views, then again, that so called fact, remains an opinion. You can't disguise your opinion with the word fact, since it is not a sound judgement to the majority of people.

Anyway, glad to know the show's doing well 😃 x

So... technically, LTL is the same as pre-January? Even with change of directors?
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

So... technically, LTL is the same as pre-January? Even with change of directors?

In my opinion yes 😊 You can't say there has been a single episode of LTL where there haven't been technical faults, name me one and I'd beg to differ. Whether they be evident or not, bloopers are bloopers. But that doesn't take away from the overall appeal of the show, which I believe is very much intact. Yet, still, I call this my opinion, not a fact 😃 And I still don't see why the director always has to get the blame 😕 Does the director look at editing issues, the plot issues? x
deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pyari_Zahra

In my opinion yes 😊 You can't say there has been a single episode of LTL where there haven't been technical faults, name me one and I'd beg to differ. Whether they be evident or not, bloopers are bloopers. But that doesn't take away from the overall appeal of the show, which I believe is very much intact. Yet, still, I call this my opinion, not a fact 😃 And I still don't see why the director always has to get the blame 😕 Does the director look at editing issues, the plot issues? x

He doesn't look at plot issues, but he does engage in editing, dear 😃 You didn't know?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Ana: I know for a fact that as far as Indian TV is concerned the director is simply another technician on the sets. He gets instructions from the top and executes it. Later whatever he shoots is again sent to the top guys for approval(read editing) and then its telecast. The director is not the all-powerful captain of the ship as in say Hollywood films. Many a times direction is done by complete newbies. The names that appear onscreen for direction credits may not be the actual person directing the show. And it happens for all top shows.
But yes I too feel having one director ensures there is consistency. I have seen the same in Balika Vadhu where the same two directors have directed the show from the start. From the info we have the ex-director of LTL quit as he got a chance to work in the film industry. Post his exit its I guess responsibility of the PH to ensure that his good work is continued. I am sure the PH of LTL is trying their best...as far as I know LTL is their only show and they wont slack on it.
I also feel if we nit pick on everything...we can find faults on the best of things. So my advise is just stop looking at the credits...chill out and watch the show. Take every episode as it comes...as if you are watching the show for the first time without any expectations. The show will automatically get better.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

He doesn't look at plot issues, but he does engage in editing, dear 😃 You didn't know?

I usually don't appreciate patronising comments, yet I'll let that slide 😛 I do know they engage in editing, but not solely. You think he sits alone directing each and every technical aspect to make it perfect? A whole crew is responsible- yes faults happen, yet, in my opinion, I find nothing wrong with the camera angles, the lighting being used, etc, etc. So what if repeated shots are being utilized- is that really a justified reason for us to suddenly degrade the show, and say that it is dependant on only one person? It's that view that probably makes crew members and people like he-who-must-not-be-named (😆) feel negative towards Mishal. Isn't it a team effort, like Mishal said? So is it really right to pay so much attention to little aspects, that have been there from day one, and decide that this show only retains magic due to one person? 😕 x
deactivated1 thumbnail

It wasn't a patronising comment, but okay. I suppose that through the Net it's hard to tell the tone behind a comment.

As far as I'm concerned, the director is present when the editing happens. I'm not interested in a longer discussion, because frankly I just said my opinion regarding the TRPs just like everyone else and that's it.

God bless.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

It wasn't a patronising comment, but okay. I suppose that through the Net it's hard to tell the tone behind a comment.

As far as I'm concerned, the director is present when the editing happens. I'm not interested in a longer discussion, because frankly I just said my opinion regarding the TRPs just like everyone else and that's it.

God bless.

I didn't want to get into a long discussion either, because people who know me know that I'm not the kind of person who argues easily. I just wanted to stress my point that our opinions shouldn't be called fact, simple! x