Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Pocahontas

🤣.....When can i join this class, Professor Monar?

Anytime poco 😳 by the way have I mentioned ... you're suppose to take one session too.. 😃
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Professor,

I think R is a carboxylic acid and S is an alcohol. Their combination will give us esters with a nice fruity smell and that is the reason most of the students are inebriated by their chemical reaction.

monar thumbnail

Professor,

I think R is a carboxylic acid and S is an alcohol. Their combination will give us esters with a nice fruity smell and that is the reason most of the students are inebriated by their chemical reaction.

Oh great analysis.👏👏 poco you joined V and D on commendation board 😃

R is carboxylic acid and as it tends to form dimers, S have to very careful before R evaporates 😉

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

Oh great analysis.👏👏 poco you joined V and D on commendation board 😃

R is carboxylic acid and as it tends to form dimers, S have to very careful before R evaporates 😉

Thank you, Professor!😳😳😳😳😳😳

Mera gold medal kahaan hai? 😔

This is the process that i recommend:

Fischer esterification for SR

The classic synthesis is the Fischer esterification, which involves treating a carboxylic acid with an alcohol in the presence of a dehydrating agent:

R1COOH + R2OH is in equilibrium with R1COOR2 + H2O

Strong acids, typically sulfuric acid, catalyze this reaction. Many other acids are also used. Esterification is highly reversible. The yield of the product may be improved using le Chatelier's principle:

• using the alcohol in large excess (i.e. as a solvent),- S has to be in excess and everywhere as R is very strong.
  • using a dehydrating agent. Sulfuric acid not only catalyzes the reaction but sequesters water (a reaction product). Other drying agents like molecular sieves can also be used.
  • removal of water by physical means such as distillation as a low-boiling azeotropes with toluene, in conjunction with a Dean-Stark apparatus.

monar thumbnail

Thank you, Professor!😳

Mera gold medal kahaan hai? 😔

This is the process that i recommend:

Fischer esterification for SR

The classic synthesis is the Fischer esterification, which involves treating a carboxylic acid with an alcohol in the presence of a dehydrating agent:

R1COOH + R2OH is in equilibrium with R1COOR2 + H2O

Strong acids, typically sulfuric acid, catalyze this reaction. Many other acids are also used. Esterification is highly reversible. The yield of the product may be improved using le Chatelier's principle:

• using the alcohol in large excess (i.e. as a solvent),- S has to be in excess and everywhere as R is very strong.
  • using a dehydrating agent. Sulfuric acid not only catalyzes the reaction but sequesters water (a reaction product). Other drying agents like molecular sieves can also be used.
  • removal of water by physical means such as distillation as a low-boiling azeotropes with toluene, in conjunction with a Dean-Stark apparatus.

POCO E KAA HAI 😲

Gold Neah you deserve Diamond medal.. wow after a long time chemistry session amazing.. me your IshtuDent 😳😳

Awesome awesome 👏👏👏

when can I take extra classes 😳😳 *mere students - skip this post as this is secret  between me and poco😛*

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Professor , you only said that S has to stop R from evaporating , so i suggested this chemical procedure for SR's esterification and trust me, in this one, R acid cannot escape S alcohol. 🥳
Edited by Pocahontas - 13 years ago
monar thumbnail

Professor , you only said that S has to stop R from evaporating , so i suggested this chemical procedure for SR's esterification and trust me, in this one, R acid cannot escape S alcohol. 🥳

Yeah poco we need Ishtudents like you who understand stuff and make SR inseparable compound
*PS your chemistry is real good...  me bad in chemistry 😭.. but now my yadasth is coming back ... yeah yeah
🥳* inna sara thankoooo 🤗
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

Yeah poco we need Ishtudents like you who understand stuff and make SR inseparable compound
*PS your chemistry is real good...  me bad in chemistry 😭.. but now my yadasth is coming back ... yeah yeah
🥳* inna sara thankoooo 🤗

🤣..... This ishtudent of yours was on her way to becoming a doctor but she branched off to literature and then to mass communication. 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Lub you, Professor. 🤗
monar thumbnail

🤣..... This ishtudent of yours was on her way to becoming a doctor but she branched off to literature and then to mass communication. 😆

Lub you, Professor. 🤗

Oh wow.. me CS engineer isliye thoda chemistry mein gol hai 😭.. yours is great leap poco.. I love you.. u must be real good student... rather you're 😳
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMGGGGGG.................Pocuuuuuuuuuu....wat was that....😲.....
I felt like I was sitting in front of my chemistry teacher and all those equations are flying over my rooftops........🤪

Srsly......u did a perfect role reversal here.....u became the professor and Mona the student........😆

oops I forgot......we belong to the SR clan......we are unique species...and u the master of uniqueness
⭐️