CID

STORY CONTEST - Contest I [Closed] (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 22

Shagnika

Coolbie

Shagnika

Posted: 30 April 2010 at 4:14am | IP Logged
11 participants!!!!ClapClap

so many nice stories will be up...m so excited!!!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "STORY CONTEST - Contest I [Closed] (Page 8)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 30 April 2010 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Just want a few clarifications.

1. Do we PM the story to Prabha as soon as we finish it or wait till the deadline?
2. What if we send it early and decide to make changes?
3. Does Prabha immediately post our story on the contest thread?
4. What if two or more of us get the same idea? After all, the basic plot is the same.
5. What if one person sends the story early and another person has the same idea in mind but has not yet sent it?
6. There are only 7 posts in the story thread for the stories, and there are 11 participants so far. How will this be handled?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shagnika

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:28am | IP Logged
BY visrom Just want a few clarifications.

1. Do we PM the story to Prabha as soon as we finish it or wait till the deadline?
That is your call.
2. What if we send it early and decide to make changes?
Once the stories are sent to me, you can't make changes. So send when you are totally sure.
3. Does Prabha immediately post our story on the contest thread?
No, stories will be posted after the deadline when I receive all of them.
4. What if two or more of us get the same idea? After all, the basic plot is the same.
There is nothing we can do in that case. We have ensured that none of the writers influence each other.
5. What if one person sends the story early and another person has the same idea in mind but has not yet sent it?
Since all stories will be posted once I receive all of them, writers will not be influenced by what someone else has written.
6. There are only 7 posts in the story thread for the stories, and there are 11 participants so far. How will this be handled?
I had reserved all the posts on the first page since I thought, [NO COPY] works for all posts on the first page, however that does not seem true. Leave this part to me, I will manage fitting 11 or more stories in 7 posts.

Edited by prabha. - 01 May 2010 at 12:31am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Shagnikasunnyp1414visrom

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 5:06am | IP Logged
I don't think I'll be able to take this drastic change in the existing team on May 7 and write a story. I already wrote a few scenes with the existing team and I feel like they have poured ice-water on it.

Edited by visrom - 01 May 2010 at 5:25am

Shagnika

Coolbie

Shagnika

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I don't think I'll be able to take this drastic change in the existing team on May 7 and write a story. I already wrote a few scenes with the existing team and I feel like they have poured ice-water on it.
I guess we are to write our story with the existing team itself..doesnt matter if May 7 comes with some changes in the team...
@prabhadi thanx a lot for the answers!! same questions arose to me too..Now all clear!Smile

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
I have already given the names of the CID Team members, they are the only ones you can use for this contest.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Never mind...comment deleted.

Edited by visrom - 02 May 2010 at 5:17am

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Hi story writers.....

No one is talking about this contest at all. Some of us are losing interest and some are not to be seen on this forum these days. 
Is anyone interested? Initially everyone seemed entusiastic. If there are no posts on this topic, some of us may feel that no one is participating. We all need inspiration from each other.
And there is one more thing I felt - 3 weeks is too long a duration.  Can we shorten the duration, please? Lets give it another week. By next Friday, those who are genuinely interested should try and finish the story.

Those who want it to be extended because they have exams or something, we can have another contest. 

Storywriters and judge Prabha - please reply.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top