Page 1 of 22

Page 1
Page   of 22
Page 2 Page 22

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged

As we know we have a lot of budding storywriters here on this forum. So I had an idea. How about if we give a situation / basic premises in other words preview of a plot and ask our storywriters to develop it into proper full-length stories. We will have a time limit of say two weeks or any other timeline all of us agree on. Then post the stories into a poll thread and other members who read the stories will have to vote for their favorite story. The writer with the highest number of votes will be our winner.

The basic idea is to give the same situation to everyone and see what each one can do with it. How each one interprets the same situation and whose interpretation is appreciated the most by readers.

Participants
========================
1. didobhav
2. sunnyp1414
3. visrom
4. dayabi
5. sagnikasenapati
6. vs-kmh
7. CUTE..SRI
8. drilabh
9. sneha_fighter
10. somu_05
11. cheenti
12. luna_lovegood
13. Aandromeda
14. bhinder.kamboj

Edited by prabha. - 27 May 2010 at 1:30am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

devashriBhavanabsneh.sunnyp1414Shagnikasuhani.cipamisaAmbrosia-purnima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "STORY CONTEST - Contest I [Closed]" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
I actually thought of it.
Can we hold the contest with existing stories? Difficult to write another one for a contest.
Lets do it this way....
We can take each story and assign points out of  10 for each story. We must find 2-3 good judges...and obviously they cannot be one of the story writers.

That excludes vm-kmh, Prabha, sunny, drilabh, myself, CUTE-SRI...sorry if I have left anyone out.

And the contest has to be the 'best story', not the 'best writer'. That would be unfair, won't it?

Edited by visrom - 28 April 2010 at 9:19pm

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:22pm | IP Logged

No yaar, not with the existing stories. The basic idea is to give the same situation to everyone and see what each one can do with it. How each one interprets the same situation and whose interpretation is appreciated the most by readers.

Edited by prabha. - 28 April 2010 at 9:23pm

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prabha.

No yaar, not with the existing stories. The basic idea is to give the same situation to everyone and see what each one can do with it. How each one interprets the same situation and whose interpretation is appreciated the most by readers.

We can have both actually....think about it.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:41pm | IP Logged

Yeah why not both can be done.

For the existing stories, I was thinking we can have a poll for BEST STORY and members can vote for the one they liked the most.

For Story Contest we will have to see what kind of response we get. We will first have list participants and then go ahead.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

Yeah why not both can be done.

For the existing stories, I was thinking we can have a poll for BEST STORY and members can vote for the one they liked the most.

For Story Contest we will have to see what kind of response we get. We will first have list participants and then go ahead.

I think we must assign points to each story out of 10, and take an average. That would be more accurate.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Ok, if you wish take charge of that one. Since all members will be involved, I don't think it would matter that you too are a story contributor.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

Ok, if you wish take charge of that one. Since all members will be involved, I don't think it would matter that you too are a story contributor.

@prabha, Let the others post their views here. No point only you and I discussing this.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top