karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Originally posted by debayon

We dont have any choice or any say in getting born. Neither do we have any say or much choice to die.

At least, let us choose our partner with whom we will spend perhaps our 40-50 yrs of life. Its not parents life, but its our life thus we should have a final say - either by agreeing or by disagreeing.
And if your parents don't approve of the relationship, you will forget them?

To add:

I might listen to them if their point is logical, but if the point is some backward thinking like caste etc then I will tell them that I am sorry and they are wrong.

Even in Mahabharat, one had to fight against siblings, people like parents such as Bhism and teachers - just for truth.

Karan ji are u planning to elope ?
kya chal raha hai ? kiski pyar mein doop gayi ?

I think there is no need to leave the parents but they should come to an amicable solution. Parents are generally very protective but they are also quite sensible these days.

Summerji, recently some of my friends are now heart broken because of the parents and their backward thinking.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leave parents for your LOVE!? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
We hear sickening news at times:

Apr 29, 2010

Son fined for beating mum

By Elena Chong

A 34-YEAR-OLD who beat his mother was ticked off by a Community Court judge for being unfilial.

Community Court judge Ng Peng Hong told Bu Kien Guan that he should be ashamed of what he had done.

He said it was fortunate that there was no serious injury, otherwise he would have sent him to prison.

He advised the customer service officer to seek forgiveness from his mother before fining him $2,000 on Thursday.

Bu had admitted to slapping his mother, Madam Lim Swee Kim, 60, once, punching and squeezing her on the left arm, and using a waist belt to hit her once on her right shin.

The incident took place at their Clementi Avenue 4 home on May 5 last year when both had an argument over his girlfriend who was a Thai.

Madam Lim made a police report five days later after her return from Malaysia.

Bu could have been jailed for up to two years and/or fined up to $5,000 for voluntarily causing hurt.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

We dont have any choice or any say in getting born. Neither do we have any say or much choice to die.

At least, let us choose our partner with whom we will spend perhaps our 40-50 yrs of life. Its not parents life, but its our life thus we should have a final say - either by agreeing or by disagreeing.

To add:

I might listen to them if their point is logical, but if the point is some backward thinking like caste etc then I will tell them that I am sorry and they are wrong.

Even in Mahabharat, one had to fight against siblings, people like parents such as Bhism and teachers - just for truth.

I think there is no need to leave the parents but they should come to an amicable solution. Parents are generally very protective but they are also quite sensible these days.

Summerji, recently some of my friends are now heart broken because of the parents and their backward thinking.
Yes a great problem when a different race and religion marriage is concerned.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

To add:

Yes a great problem when a different race and religion marriage is concerned.

For most of them it was even a smaller issue - caste.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

As far as parents warming up and accepting everything after all is said and done goes, they don't have a choice at that point. If he marries me against their wishes, they'd have no choice but to accept me ... it is not a matter of warming up at that point, it comes down to whether or not they want their son to stay or leave.

Parents always have a choice. And there are parents who reject their children and throw them out for their choices. Parents who choose to accept their children's spouses are doing so out of choice. Sometimes even after that acceptance they may not warm up.

However, sometimes parents oppose a relationship simply out of preset minds or whims, religion, caste etc. They know their child is choosing a good person - but refuse to budge. I've known quite a few people who married against parents wishes, but ultimately both sides accepted the marriage and everything is happily ever after.

Seriously though, all this love vove, marriage varriage locha is too much stress on the brain. I would join the convent but they prohibit goofing too.

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

So pretty much if you're 20, 30, or 40 etc, you're screwed, right? Tongue

screwed as in cursed? then, yes!

darn it! not leaving my parents for love until at least my next birthday, then. LOL

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top