Post Reply New Post

Page 21 of 21

Page 1 Page 20
Page   of 21

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Google tells me that even if I have read "Brave new world", I forgot about this Bokanovsky's processLOL. Its about human cloning.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leave parents for your LOVE!? (Page 21)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:36am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=karandel_2008]If people haven't read the recent news then here it is: It looks like that her parents strangulated her even after she was dead. Allegedly she was killed by her parents because she wanted to marry someone against their wishes.......................[QUOTE]
Post mortem reports say that the girl was pregnant. The boy denies any knowledge of that. says they were planning to get married soon. the suicide angle is also being investigated as the boy has been accused of rape & intimidation.

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Karan, most of the responses on this thread are also culture driven.  Desies tend to put blood relations on a pedestal.  It has become a part of our DNA now.

And you think it's more because of culture or of fear? Or is fear a part of that culture?

True though. It's just though, by "desi" you don't mean Indians living in India only right? Because I've seen "worser" cases out of India than in India.

But yeah, generally that is the trend. If you form part of a western style of living, you have a lot more freedom, a lot more liberty, especially with people of the opposite sex. When I went to India, my cousin-brother could barely talk at home about his female friends. Over here, my mum herself tells me which one of my friends, out of the boys, she finds cute! Sometimes, I go like: "MOM!" LOL

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

Originally posted by ana1

Originally posted by P1nk

never leave your parents...ever!

i know a girl who's parents were dead against teh guy she liked, so she ran away and go marride its been so many years now and not once did she think of calling them. poor souls dont even know where she lives but heard that she ahd 2 kids. The dad went crazy a lil while after and the mom sits next to phone all day thinking her daughter will call herCry. when ever i go to see them i choke, its so hard  to see parents suffering like this.

I see parents do that when their kid's marry someone out of faith or even from different backgrounds. Did she do summat like that?

yeah she did...i mean it was her parents fault to an extent but i dont think they expected her to leave and never look back. They got punished big time i feel horrible. i just hope she comes back for thier sake just once, like her l=mother use to be so healthy and beautiful now she is unrecognizable. jus really badCry

But what if they told her that they never wanted to see or talk to her again?
Is it really her fault then if she never talked to them again?

Hii long tym. Embarrassed

You know I personally think and this is just my stance on this; Parents say awful things out of anger, even If they refuse to see her for a lifetime then she should still make an attempt to approach them. No one should be selfish or stubborn in this matter, If not one then at least the other party needs to try - parents always like to forgive if not all but mostly they do have a  soft spot for their children and as time goes by esepcially years the situation does tend to heal off. If she fails after each attempt at least she won't  hold any regrets she didn't try.

Yea parents need to respect our wishes too, but since they are our elders we need to work our way round them too.. Relationships like these are made just once and we need to take care of this blessful bond.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 5:55pm | IP Logged

never leave your parents...ever!

i know a girl who's parents were dead against teh guy she liked, so she ran away and go marride its been so many years now and not once did she think of calling them. poor souls dont even know where she lives but heard that she ahd 2 kids. The dad went crazy a lil while after and the mom sits next to phone all day thinking her daughter will call herCry. when ever i go to see them i choke, its so hard  to see parents suffering like this.

I see parents do that when their kid's marry someone out of faith or even from different backgrounds. Did she do summat like that?

yeah she did...i mean it was her parents fault to an extent but i dont think they expected her to leave and never look back. They got punished big time i feel horrible. i just hope she comes back for thier sake just once, like her l=mother use to be so healthy and beautiful now she is unrecognizable. jus really badCry

But what if they told her that they never wanted to see or talk to her again?
Is it really her fault then if she never talked to them again?

Hii long tym. Embarrassed

You know I personally think and this is just my stance on this; Parents say awful things out of anger, even If they refuse to see her for a lifetime then she should still make an attempt to approach them. No one should be selfish or stubborn in this matter, If not one then at least the other party needs to try - parents always like to forgive if not all but mostly they do have a  soft spot for their children and as time goes by esepcially years the situation does tend to heal off. If she fails after each attempt at least she won't  hold any regrets she didn't try.

Yea parents need to respect our wishes too, but since they are our elders we need to work our way round them too.. Relationships like these are made just once and we need to take care of this blessful bond.

I knew someone who talked to her parents about marrying this guy....she wanted their approval and all that. It wasnt like "i love this guy & im gonna marry him." It was more like "I really love this guy and i want you guys to meet him and get to know him so we can get your blessings"

They said no. They didnt even want to meet him! Simply because SHE chose him and not them.
She waited for 2 years & they still didnt budge.

One day when she brought it up again, they yelled at her saying stuff like they'll forcefully get her married to someone else if they have to & that they dont care what she wants, etc. She left a few days later & eventually married the guy she loved. She did invite them and everything but they refused to come or bless them or anything. She tried to talk to them a lot of times over the years but they just didnt get over it....

In this case, i see the girl suffering. Sure the parents may be sad "deep down" but is it really being sad if they didnt even try to talk to her?

Back to your post, people do say really awful things in anger. I have too...and so have my parents. I think that both parties just need to understand each other & try to see what the other person wants and what will make them happy. It shouldn't always be about pride over who picked the guy...just try to do what makes your kids happy! If the parents do see a serious problem with the guy, they can nicely tell the daughter about it and TALK to her and not just say "No you cant marry him."

LOL im scared about my future :P
I dont mind my parents finding a guy for me or anything, as long as i have a say in it.
BUT, if i found someone all on my own, my parents should accept him! (after meeting him and all that of course).

But my dad has too much pride to let his kids marry who they want...he wont even want to meet the guy let alone let me marry him.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:07am | IP Logged

I dont mind my parents finding a guy for me or anything, as long as i have a say in it.
BUT, if i found someone all on my own, my parents should accept him! (after meeting him and all that of course).

But my dad has too much pride to let his kids marry who they want...he wont even want to meet the guy let alone let me marry him.
hey,  if its just about ur dad's pride then you can simply ask the guy to meet your father with his parents in tow asking for your hand . (You may refrain from the full details that you met him earlier etc )That should satisfy your dad and serve your purpose too Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

hey,  if its just about ur dad's pride then you can simply ask the guy to meet your father with his parents in tow asking for your hand . (You may refrain from the full details that you met him earlier etc )That should satisfy your dad and serve your purpose too Smile

Aww poor Jess LOL

I took the marriage right off my mother - she even complained today you havent given me the right to choose your partner Big smile lmao

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
haha  my mom wouldnt be a problem...its my dad LOL
It's not like i've talked to him about it or anything...i can just tell how he'll act based off his personality

Post Reply New Post

Go to top