Page 1
Page   of 21
Page 3 Page 21

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Yaa....personly I cant leave my parents but angie tell me the meaning for the word 'Kanyadan', means donation of the daughter or something else!!
yeah sort of "donation " LOL as daughters are considered to B "parayadhaan" Unhappy Quite unfair I say ! But times are changing Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leave parents for your LOVE!? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Yaa....personly I cant leave my parents but angie tell me the meaning for the word 'Kanyadan', means donation of the daughter or something else!!
yeah sort of "donation " LOL as daughters are considered to B "parayadhaan" Unhappy Quite unfair I say ! But times are changing Big smile

Ya...Marriage is a social phenomenon....Love is individual, personal, intimate.and its insecure and unknown...thats why our soceity create marriage system becos truth is that man is afraid of the unknown...Tonguewe believe marriage is more permanent than love....!! but here we discussing good and bad point of when someone *(m/f) leave parents and relative for Love...which love is high!? which love is selfish!? ...Smile

Edited by Believe - 28 April 2010 at 6:56am

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:10am | IP Logged

but here we discussing good and bad point of when someone *(m/f) leave parents and relative for Love...which love is high!? which love is selfish!? ...Smile
That wud depend on the circumstances . depends on the reason of incompatibility between the two. If parents are being unreasonably adamant then U may want to leave them. On the other hand its possible that ur love is being unreasonable but if UR in love its highly unlikely for U to realise this ! Wink So it wud B wise to seek a trusted third party opinion LOL Forever is too long a time ... always try for a reconciliation. With time ppl mellow down. It should be both ways. A tight rope walk!LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

but here we discussing good and bad point of when someone *(m/f) leave parents and relative for Love...which love is high!? which love is selfish!? ...Smile
That wud depend on the circumstances . depends on the reason of incompatibility between the two. If parents are being unreasonably adamant then U may want to leave them. On the other hand its possible that ur love is being unreasonable but if UR in love its highly unlikely for U to realise this ! Wink So it wud B wise to seek a trusted third party opinion LOLForever is too long a time ... always try for a reconciliation. With time ppl mellow down. It should be both ways. A tight rope walk!LOL 
LOLSo u dont want Shake the family tree...and dont wanna watch the nuts fall 2!! TongueMy dad told me, b4 marriage...when love comes around...punch it in the face, before it knocks you down TongueWinkbt i forget to punch...& I forget to ask to whom i punch tooWinkBig smile

Edited by Believe - 28 April 2010 at 7:35am

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by P1nk

Don't leave your parents believe.

Why!!?Big smile

Because they are your parents. LOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:48am | IP Logged

LOLSo u dont want Shake the family tree...and dont wanna watch the nuts fall 2!! My dad told me, b4 marriage...when love comes around...punch it in the face, before it knocks you down Winkbt i forget to punch...& I forget to ask to whom i punch tooBig smile
I dont know anything about punching LOL but I d never ditch my gem of a parents for anyone who wud want me to Wink LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:48am | IP Logged
I wonder who said yes to the poll.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:32am | IP Logged

No one ever really wants to leave their parents or go against them. However, sometimes situations arise when people have to make a choice, and these choices take them away. A person who chooses to marry or be with someone against their parent's wishes does not stop loving their parents nor do they lose a desire to be there for them. Similarly a parent who alienates a child over such choices also has not stopped loving their children or wanting to share their lives. It is just that sometimes we let our mindsets come in our way and prevent healthy compromises.

I believe that parents always want the best for their children. But each individual is unique and sometimes parents don't know what is best for their children and what relationships their children need and want in life. While sometimes parents act out of goodwill, sometimes they are just following their personal perceptions without giving thought to other factors. Making touch choices necessary.

My principle is that if you are in love with someone and have willfully started a relationship with them, then you should have the commitment and integrity to stand by them come what. No one has the right to lead people on, show them dreams only to ditch them at the whim of their parents. If you are the kind of person who would never even think about going against parents, then you have to remember that in turn you have to give up the right to fall in love and have relationships of your accord. You have to make it clear to every person who may show interest that no matter what you will end up marrying in accordance to your parents and that any relationships you engage in are not serious.

The caveat is that falling in love is not a matter of choice, it simply happens. It's like having a  brick fall on your head, no matter how careful you yourself are there are some things unavoidable. So when you do fall in love it presents a moral dilemma do you follow your heart with all honesty and hope for the best do you risk making the mistake do you risk hurting the ones you love or do you live a lie for your parents do you lie to your future spouse and make commitments when your heart is elsewhere do you engage in relationships out of obligation not knowing if you can fairly and faithfully fulfill them in the capacity you ought to do you risk living a life or resentments and what ifs?  Never an easy answer, and there is no right or wrong way about it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixXrahmona_pakswe

Post Reply New Post

Go to top