Page 19 of 21

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sneha

Originally posted by ana1

never leave your parents...ever!

i know a girl who's parents were dead against teh guy she liked, so she ran away and go marride its been so many years now and not once did she think of calling them. poor souls dont even know where she lives but heard that she ahd 2 kids. The dad went crazy a lil while after and the mom sits next to phone all day thinking her daughter will call herCry. when ever i go to see them i choke, its so hard  to see parents suffering like this.

No parents deserve that for sure. But did you ever think about the daughter? Maybe when she feeds her children each morning, she may be thinking about her mother and crying afterward? Did anyone think that she might watch her husband returning from office each evening and curse herself for going against her father. I personally think it's not fair to say what happened to the parents, without even glancing at the other person's life. It's hugely the parents fault in whatever they are today. I sympathize with them, but I don't doubt, one second, that the story may have been altogether different if they had been a tad bit less stubborn earlier on.

That said, I don't think I would have acted like the girl did despite it all. Forget the running away bit, it's the not looking back bit. I would have called everyday, twice a day perhaps, until I made sure my father would forgive me. He's my Dad after all, two days, two months, two years... I know he would eventually get over it, especially after the children.

Parents always have the softest corner for their children, normally. There's a reason why they love their children the most in the world. I just think it takes a little bit of tact, a lot of love and some slight luck to solve matters and move ahead leaving sour memories behind.

I agree!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leave parents for your LOVE!? (Page 19)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ana1

IF-Rockerz

ana1

Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Originally posted by ana1

never leave your parents...ever!

i know a girl who's parents were dead against teh guy she liked, so she ran away and go marride its been so many years now and not once did she think of calling them. poor souls dont even know where she lives but heard that she ahd 2 kids. The dad went crazy a lil while after and the mom sits next to phone all day thinking her daughter will call herCry. when ever i go to see them i choke, its so hard  to see parents suffering like this.

I see parents do that when their kid's marry someone out of faith or even from different backgrounds. Did she do summat like that?

yeah she did...i mean it was her parents fault to an extent but i dont think they expected her to leave and never look back. They got punished big time i feel horrible. i just hope she comes back for thier sake just once, like her l=mother use to be so healthy and beautiful now she is unrecognizable. jus really badCry

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
I think there are many unique cases. Sometimes, children are at fault and sometimes parents are at fault.

Whoever says that parents are always saints, they are never selfish and they are never wrong - I guess they haven't heard about "honor killing". Parents show their love by killing their children. Parents can be wrong as well, for example there are some cases where parents teach their children to steal etc.

In addition, we should not forget about the double standards where parents create more problems for the girl child, as compared to their son, when it comes to marriage.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 06 May 2010 at 2:04pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ana1Jess.Dabulls23

--Nisha--

IF-Rockerz

--Nisha--

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
i will never leave my mmma papa,for love,and the funny part is this i will never marry

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Sorry!Wrong post...

Edited by Ashrozia - 06 May 2010 at 3:46pm

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Hmm..Well to start with,if you have fallen in Love then you wouldn't be happy with someone else..So you'd be ruining your life,your lover's life and ofcourse the life of the person whom your Parents chose for you..

Now,the best option is to convince your parents no matter what and if they don't have a valid reason then there's no argument..Bug them until they say yes!LOL

But,if they DO have a valid reason then the whole story changes..That is if the person has some bad past,is not the right one coz he's cheating on you etc etc then obviously leave your 'So-called' lover!(Well yeah,that's more than obvious,you would!)LOL

So it depends,if the person whom you love is really a GEM and you CANNOT be happy with anyone else in the world then go ahead,fight for your love..And fight in the sense doesn't mean leave your parents..That's just chickening out..What I mean is convince them..Let them know what he/she means to you,let them know how strong your love is..Get the person to talk to your parents..If they see that he's a good boy/girl,they'll come around coz they're your parents!Smile

Bottom line is:-Never leave your parents coz you are what you are because of them.They have given you unconditional love for many years(Depends from person-person)..Don't throw tantrums or curse them..Just make them understand..If they see that their baby has chosen the best for his/herself..They'll come around..
Many people have come out with,"I can't make my parents sad"..The same applies for them too..They can't see their baby sad.Smile
Andddd..A little 'Fight' for your love makes the love all the more sweeter!WinkEmbarrassedLOL

Edited by Ashrozia - 06 May 2010 at 3:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Just a question which popped up in my mind..Think about it!Wink

Your parents loved you because you happen to be their,"Daughter/son"..They could have just as easily loved someone else if they were born to them instead of you!Wink
They love their Son/daughter who happens to be you.

But love is different..A person loves you because you are you..Could the same person who has fallen in love with you,fall in love with someone else just as easily?
Answer:-No,ofcourse not!!

Just think about it..Wink

For the record:-I voted for 'No'.LOL

Just posted this to read your answer to this question..Smile
No offense meant ofcourse!

Edited by Ashrozia - 06 May 2010 at 3:57pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top