3 [7.32%]
38 [92.68%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sneha

My question actually is, do you fall in love only once?
There is no limit to the number of times a person can fall LOL
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

How do we differentiate between an ordinary crush or "fake love" from true love? Especially for someone who has not fallen in love before and it is the first time?

I think you do. I do not think it possible for a person to truly be in love with another person (couple wise) more than once, but that's just my personal opinion.Embarrassed

I'd say you can fall in love many times over. Every relationship is unique. Many people cannot marry the people they genuinely love due to circumstances (sometimes parents), some do go on to find love and happiness in the future. People who lose loved ones, either to death or being cheated on - have the right to fall in love again - and many will go on to find new fulfilling relationships. One love is a myth propagated to keep people from having happiness and contentment in life - the truth is if you open your heart and mind you can find love and happiness - even after heartbreaks and disasters.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaMidnight_ShadeJess.

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Does a person  fall in luv voluntarily ? If not then he cant be blamed for as many times he falls LOL
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Does a person  fall in luv voluntarily ? If not then he cant be blamed for as many times he falls LOL

Unless people fall voluntarily, I think not.

But then what people do once they fall is upto them - learn to watch and walk, sit and cry like a baby, get up brush the wounds and move on.
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:06pm | IP Logged

How do we differentiate between an ordinary crush or "fake love" from true love? Especially for someone who has not fallen in love before and it is the first time?

I think so :)

Sure, there are mourning periods when you lose that "first love." But you will eventually find someone else that you love(love, not a crush). BUT, its impossible to forget that first love.

cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
No, I would never leave me parents.

See, I believe that if you truly respect your parents, you would only fall in love with someone who you are sure they are OK with. I don't believe that you can fall in love with someone you truly don't want to. So think twice before you fall in love to avoid problems. It's just what I believe :)
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

I think Lalita was talking about loving more than one person at the same time. At least that's what I got from her post ("couple wise"). Many people prefer and can live successfully in a polyamorous relation, though personally I find that weird and unrealistic.

But Sneha was not talking about more than one person at a time - but about the ability to fall in love again in life.

Anyway, polyamorous relationships - I don't think they are based on love but more on need. Humans have a lot of different needs in life physical, emotional, etc. It is virtually impossible for one person to fulfill all of them. Instead of stable relationships, people choose to fulfill all needs.

There usually is only one person at a point in life who you can live with and provides the right balance you need. There is usually only one person who compliments, contrasts and completes you. Now down the road life circumstances can change who brings balance in your life. You may feel torn and in love with more than one person, but if you introspect yourself - you will find that one relationship fulfills you more.

Go to top