38 [92.68%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Hi ,

If you ever were in a situation where you had to choose between ur love or ur parents who would u choose???? Would you leave or act anything against your parents for ur Love????

Some people used to says  they would continue to love him/her but would wait for their parents to accept him too..... Can't leave both. ...some says they cant leave parents for love....In films we can see different type of heroism and 99% of happy endings but in real life whats your thoughts....join the poll and post your views and comments plz!
Big smile

i think its difficult to leave either of them..there's no point in going with your parents when you are not with your love and no point of marrying someone when you dont have your parents blessings...either way you will not be truly happy...!

i would only hope i never come across such a situation! LOL

persistence Goldie
persistence
persistence

Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

So  we have had majority voting for "i wud not lv my parents " I think mostly girls,  but how about a poll on girls not wanting their hubby to lv his parents for them.How many girls wud happily move into their inlaws home without wanting to displace them ?
Don't you think the questions are unrelated? Leaving parents for good is not the same as not sharing the same house with them. I wouldn't leave my parents for love or vice-versa. I wouldn't want the other person, too, either. Ultimately, though, it is individual choice.  I would want family support, from both sides. Otherwise, families can become cause of problem between people, too. Why displace in-laws? I think we have very hard time redefining boundaries -- when two people commit to each other, and decide to start a family (nuclear, best in my opinion), boundaries are re-defined. If individuals want their own space, I wouldn't consider that leaving parents or displacing them for love. I hope or assume individuals are still with their parents financially and emotionally.   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

souro

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged
love is overated . Love me, love my dog or at least parents .
It all comes down to ones needs . Its all about I, me & myself .

Beyond_the_Veil

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
It is a hard choice. If the one you love is your true love, your soulmate, then leaving him/her will be as hard as leaving one's parents, but to leave parents for every one of your crushes is stupid.

In such a situation, I think one should try to resolve the issue and win parent's love so that they can get their blessings.

ElusiveDevotion

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ElusiveDevotion

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion-Sneha..RamKiJanaki..

Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

That's one of the hardest challenge one has to face on his life. Leaving your parents for your love would mean you will be bothered by what is going on with your parents till the rest of your life, and if anything wrong ever happens to your parents (say they die out of natural cause) you will [still] blame yourself for it. Life will become a living hell with guilt eating you up.

Now, if you choose your parents/family over your love, you will have to live with the burden that you not only destroyed your life, but also the life of the person whom you loved. On that way, you shatter and destroy the person, break the trust he had not only on you but also on the rest of the humanity. He may not be able to fall in love again.

Either way, you will be the looser. It's a very, very difficult decision. Right now I can say  that I'd choose my family over my love, but I don't think I'll be saying it after I truly and actually fall in love. Disapprove

This is the realest answer i've heard...
Its not so easy deciding which one you would stay with.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

How do we differentiate between an ordinary crush or "fake love" from true love? Especially for someone who has not fallen in love before and it is the first time?

The truth is there is no definitive way of differentiating. All you have is your instincts and judgment. Whether you have been in love before or if this is the first time makes no difference.

Even some of the smartest people have a hard time in making the right call. People fall in love, and then discover down the road the mistook a crush or a close friendship for love. People dismiss things as crushes or just good friends, only to realize later that it was genuine love all along. Sometimes more than being in love with a person, people are in love with the idea of being in love.

There are no hard and fast rules, but there is no rush on relationships or marriages either. Its always best to take time and think things through. If you act with integrity, honesty and the best of intentions - you will find the way and even mistakes will become a learning process to a step higher.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AllonsyGeronimoDabulls23

Go to top