Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Does a person  fall in luv voluntarily ? If not then he cant be blamed for as many times he falls ๐Ÿ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

Does a person  fall in luv voluntarily ? If not then he cant be blamed for as many times he falls ๐Ÿ˜†

Unless people fall voluntarily, I think not.

But then what people do once they fall is upto them - learn to watch and walk, sit and cry like a baby, get up brush the wounds and move on.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'd say you can fall in love many times over. Every relationship is unique. Many people cannot marry the people they genuinely love due to circumstances (sometimes parents), some do go on to find love and happiness in the future. People who lose loved ones, either to death or being cheated on - have the right to fall in love again - and many will go on to find new fulfilling relationships. One love is a myth propagated to keep people from having happiness and contentment in life - the truth is if you open your heart and mind you can find love and happiness - even after heartbreaks and disasters.

I think Lalita was talking about loving more than one person at the same time. At least that's what I got from her post ("couple wise"). Many people prefer and can live successfully in a polyamorous relation, though personally I find that weird and unrealistic.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Sneha

My question actually is, do you fall in love only once?

I think so :)

Sure, there are mourning periods when you lose that "first love." But you will eventually find someone else that you love(love, not a crush). BUT, its impossible to forget that first love.

muffins2waffles thumbnail
No, I would never leave me parents.

See, I believe that if you truly respect your parents, you would only fall in love with someone who you are sure they are OK with. I don't believe that you can fall in love with someone you truly don't want to. So think twice before you fall in love to avoid problems. It's just what I believe :)
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

I think Lalita was talking about loving more than one person at the same time. At least that's what I got from her post ("couple wise"). Many people prefer and can live successfully in a polyamorous relation, though personally I find that weird and unrealistic.

But Sneha was not talking about more than one person at a time - but about the ability to fall in love again in life.

Anyway, polyamorous relationships - I don't think they are based on love but more on need. Humans have a lot of different needs in life physical, emotional, etc. It is virtually impossible for one person to fulfill all of them. Instead of stable relationships, people choose to fulfill all needs.

There usually is only one person at a point in life who you can live with and provides the right balance you need. There is usually only one person who compliments, contrasts and completes you. Now down the road life circumstances can change who brings balance in your life. You may feel torn and in love with more than one person, but if you introspect yourself - you will find that one relationship fulfills you more.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: angie.4u

Vinuji, ab yeh natural aur unnatural or artificial luv kya hai ?U might as well enumerate the different types

I believe love is not a seasonal flower, it takes years to grow.....but some people do love or act love only for spl purpose, to make physical relationship/acts, that I feel unnatural๐Ÿ˜Š
-Sneha thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

But Sneha was not talking about more than one person at a time - but about the ability to fall in love again in life.

Right! I was talking about the ability to fall in love over and over again in life, and the importance of each of them. Is it really right to say that only your first love is your "true" love?

Personally, I think No. I have always been a very firm believer in love, and I just know, that I couldn't marry someone before falling in love with him before. But that does not stop me from saying, that I also do not think we have only ONE true love. What's beautiful about human beings is that they do not simply mate, but feel in the process as well. And we've got a big heart, no seriously ๐Ÿ˜†, which allows us to fall in love again even if the mind does not permit it. Personally, I've always thought the heart does not work without the mind anyway, and since it's a combination of both, anything's possible!

What I never got around understanding, is why people put it in their heads that you can't fall in love over again once you've lost a former love. I agree true love is very rare to find, it would be, but foolishness to qualify any and every crush as true love, but that doesn't mean you can't find true love twice or thrice even. I've seen it happen to lucky people who were willing to give themselves a chance over again! Life is not a Hindi movie after all, first love isn't always THE only love.

About a poly-amorous relationship, I agree Labib, I also find it pretty weird and non-fulfilling as Sarina put it. I happen to think that you gain much more from one person at a time, rather than 4 persons from whom none you really love.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
no way i could never do that i respect my parents and very gracious for what they have done im just trying to help them
Edited by ruky786 - 14 years ago
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
never leave your parents...ever!

i know a girl who's parents were dead against teh guy she liked, so she ran away and go marride its been so many years now and not once did she think of calling them. poor souls dont even know where she lives but heard that she ahd 2 kids. The dad went crazy a lil while after and the mom sits next to phone all day thinking her daughter will call her๐Ÿ˜ญ. when ever i go to see them i choke, its so hard  to see parents suffering like this.