Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: karandel_2008

Summerji, recently some of my friends are now heart broken because of the parents and their backward thinking.

Yes a great problem when a different race and religion marriage is concerned.
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes a great problem when a different race and religion marriage is concerned.

For most of them it was even a smaller issue - caste.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

As far as parents warming up and accepting everything after all is said and done goes, they don't have a choice at that point. If he marries me against their wishes, they'd have no choice but to accept me ... it is not a matter of warming up at that point, it comes down to whether or not they want their son to stay or leave.

Parents always have a choice. And there are parents who reject their children and throw them out for their choices. Parents who choose to accept their children's spouses are doing so out of choice. Sometimes even after that acceptance they may not warm up.

However, sometimes parents oppose a relationship simply out of preset minds or whims, religion, caste etc. They know their child is choosing a good person - but refuse to budge. I've known quite a few people who married against parents wishes, but ultimately both sides accepted the marriage and everything is happily ever after.

Seriously though, all this love vove, marriage varriage locha is too much stress on the brain. I would join the convent but they prohibit goofing too.

So pretty much if you're 20, 30, or 40 etc, you're screwed, right? 😛

screwed as in cursed? then, yes!
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mister.K.

screwed as in cursed? then, yes!

darn it! not leaving my parents for love until at least my next birthday, then. 😆

darn it! not leaving my parents for love until at least my next birthday, then. 😆

My sympathies to your parents now. My sympathies to your love on your next b'day!
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mister.K.

My sympathies to your parents now. My sympathies to your love on your next b'day!

Kya itni buri hoon main Mister K? 😒
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Nice thoughts guys!!👍🏼

[quote='  ']
Whenever you fall in love with a woman, watch deeply, analyse it and you will always find that some characteristic that has appealed to you, belongs to your mother: the way she walks or the way she looks or the eyes or the voice or the way she gets angry. Something is bound to reflect your mother – that has attracted you.

And so is the case with the woman: she is always searching for the father that she could not get – and it hurts. It was a failure, her first love affair was a failure: she could not possess the father. In the nature of things the father cannot be possessed, so she will find a man somewhere – someone who is fatherly or who gives some impression of the father.

You will he surprised – it happens here every day and it happens all over the world: a woman tends more to fall in love with a married man than with an unmarried man, because the father, the first love affair, was with a married man. She feels more attracted towards a married man than an unmarried man; the unmarried man does not feel to be very attractive. In fact because he is unmarried it simply proves that no woman has yet been interested in him – it is not worth trying.

And so is the case with a man – a man also tends to fall in love with a married woman. She feels more attractive because the first love affair, in the deep unconscious, was with a married woman, with the mother.

relationshipthoughts.org.
[/quote]
-Sneha thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

How have you or do you plan to go around this?
Is the game plan to never fall in love, to never acknowledge love or to just ditch love when push comes to shove?
If the plan is to ditch love, how do you reconcile your ethical stance of not hurting parents vs not using/abandoning people?
If the plan is never to fall in love or never acknowledge love, how do you plan on doing that? How do you ignore or suppress natural human emotions, honest feelings that you may develop for someone? What do you do when you start falling for someone of feel that you want to be with someone?

How do I plan to do around this? Frankly speaking, I seriously do not know. What I do know, is that my mother will come around though. She wants to see me happy, I doubt she's ever going to go against my wishes. As for Dad, it's a tougher nut to crack for sure. He may never accept it if he finds anything wrong, even though he is forced to in front of the society. But I know my Dad, never has anyone told him what to do, he always takes his own decisions, and I daresay they have been to the point and right on in almost every case.

As such, I'll have to look at matters from their point of view. Also, the guy's parents count to. I, for one, have that special desire of having wonderful in-laws. I couldn't, just would never bring myself to marry a guy whose parents would hate me, or at least furiously dislike me in their home. I'd always want to call my mother-in-law as easily "mum" as I call my own mother, the same applying for the "dad" bit too. I seriously find it disheartening, more so, disappointing of having to take a decision where no party is happy about it.

No I do not plan to find a bend around love's route. I've told my mother once, do not accept me to marry without love. But then, as they say, one never knows in life. I think it's really ridiculous to marry someone, anyone, without coming to know the person. I need at least one year or so of getting to know each other before taking the huge step. Marriage for me is a lifetime commitment. Either you do it the right way, or you don't do it at all. With that, I'd like to specify that I am not against arranged marriages. I could never do that while having been brought up in one, and watching it only prosper in front of my eyes over years. I only say that people do FALL in love, gradually. They just need time. I don't mind my parents making the decision for me, but yes, I need time to evaluate it, to understand whether it's the best truly for me, and only then, being able to give my nod for it.

Personally, I've never seen love as violins playing in mid-air or flowers falling from the sky. Seriously speaking, I honestly believe one can fall in love with a person even after having known him for years, and only realize the feeling years later. Love is not static, no emotion actually is...

-Sneha thumbnail

So, moral of the story - think twice before you fall in love. ;)

😉 Nice, but another counter argument could be...

Does one think before falling in love? Or does love just happen? What will you do if you suddenly fall in love, have no control on it, and your parents are pretty much against it?

Haven't thought about it yet hun? 😆