Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: P1nk

I also feel parents should be a little more understanding and co-operate with our wishes and choices made. 😛

Unfortunately, parents feel/think the same way. 😆
-Sneha thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Unfortunately, parents feel/think the same way. 😆

True that! 😆
-Sneha thumbnail

Reading all these posts here and on other threads, it seems as though all of us here at DM are bachchas. Most of us seem to not have fallen in luuuurve. 😆

Yeah, unless love is glaring at our favorite TV actor the whole day saying how hawwwwwwwwwt he is! 🤣

Coming back to that question in the post:

Personally, I don't think it's only a question of being able to convince your parents you know Labib. Sincerely, there are certain circumstances that crop up when try as you might, you just can't. And we all know how parents are sometimes. They may well be right, they sure are in many cases, but then, they've been proven to be wrong in many cases too. It's just that you never know. You really cannot trust someone on your life. Circumstances change, people change. Your parents might have been right at that one moment, and then things happen suddenly that they are actually proven right, without them being necessarily right in their essence when they first thought about it. Are you following me or am I talking nonsense? 😆 Whereas they may have been wrong about something, and circumstances remain such that they'll always have been wrong about it, since you and your "love" spend a wonderful life together for example as a case!

It's complicated stuff... Pffffftttt, life's complicated... 😆

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

-----------------------------------------------

Reading all these posts here and on other threads, it seems as though all of us here at DM are bachchas. Most of us seem to not have fallen in luuuurve. 😆

Are you sure POH? You sound so angsty all the time like a soul torn with so much luuuurve. 😛
I doubt all of you here are such kiddos, the first love thread went very far?

But I really wonder about you kiddos sometimes. Na tumhein ishq karne ki ijazat hain, na tumhein dil dene ki himmat hain.
There are a lot of people who have answered no in this poll. I want to address those people who say they would not leave their parents for love.

How have you or do you plan to go around this?
Is the game plan to never fall in love, to never acknowledge love or to just ditch love when push comes to shove?
If the plan is to ditch love, how do you reconcile your ethical stance of not hurting parents vs not using/abandoning people?
If the plan is never to fall in love or never acknowledge love, how do you plan on doing that? How do you ignore or suppress natural human emotions, honest feelings that you may develop for someone? What do you do when you start falling for someone of feel that you want to be with someone?

Not trying to say that one should not listen to parents or anything like that. Simply trying to make people think things through. Make sure that no matter what answer it be its carefully weighed out. I myself have not responded to the poll for as of this moment in life, I cannot say either or.
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

That's one of the hardest challenge one has to face on his life. Leaving your parents for your love would mean you will be bothered by what is going on with your parents till the rest of your life, and if anything wrong ever happens to your parents (say they die out of natural cause) you will [still] blame yourself for it. Life will become a living hell with guilt eating you up.

Now, if you choose your parents/family over your love, you will have to live with the burden that you not only destroyed your life, but also the life of the person whom you loved. On that way, you shatter and destroy the person, break the trust he had not only on you but also on the rest of the humanity. He may not be able to fall in love again.

Either way, you will be the looser. It's a very, very difficult decision. Right now I can say  that I'd choose my family over my love, but I don't think I'll be saying it after I truly and actually fall in love. 😒

You are exactly correct , those last lines say it all. I can speak from experience, its the hardest choice you will ever make in life. But its just not about leaving parents or leaving your love, a lot of other things are part of situations like these. For example, why are the parents saying no, cast reason, religion, or status, here they would be wrong. Or are the thinking for your best because the person you love isn't the best of human beings, in this case you would be wrong. I think its also important to see who is right. Its not fair if you just leave your love just  because your parents don't think he is up to their status or religion or cast. The most important part should be that he/she is a good human being. I was in the same situation, I tried my hardest to explain and make them understand, but it didn't work. After almost two years of pain and arguments, I took  the step that I didn't want to take because I knew my parents were wrong. It ended on a happy note, but I still blame my self for putting them through that, even though I truly tired to make it work. But on the other hand, I would have never been able to move on with life had I listened to my parents, because he is the best husband and friend. So its not that easy to answer. Until your really not in that situation, you will not understand. Its easier said then done. Hopefully no one has to be in that situation, but if you are I would just do what your gut and heart  tells you and leave rest to god. No one can guarantee that you will have a happy married life, not you , not your parents, not the person you love. They only one that can is God, so leave it up to him.
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago
If you are dumb, be smart enough to listen to your parents. They know best.

If you are smart, listen to yourself. After all, you are the one who has to live with your decision for the rest of your life. Most likely, you will outlive your parents.

If you don't know whether you are smart or dumb, talk to me. I will do the evaluation.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hmm, your parents who have given you unconditional love and have given birth to you, endured pain, suffering, hunger and sometimes even humiliation for you, have shown you the right path vs. your lover, who has given you support for a limited time only, has not necessarily done anything to make you really indebted to that person, the only thing is the mental and physical attraction. Unless you're of the DDLJ type, I don't think anyone in their sane minds would even thing of such a thing.
Originally posted by: Mister.K.

If you don't know whether you are smart or dumb, talk to me. I will do the evaluation.

I would like my free mental sanity evaluation to see what I should do in regards to love.

Also a free evaluation on wifey too and my probability of convincing her to elope. 😆

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I would like my free mental sanity evaluation to see what I should do in regards to love.

Also a free evaluation on wifey too and my probability of convincing her to elope. 😆

You are certified smart. Follow your heart and never look back.

(that's what the tarot card says)