Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesdebayonrahmona_pakswe

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Education in Pakistan (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:31am | IP Logged
And here in India we are all set to welcome the foreign universities! They are supposed to to be allowed autonomy.  Lets wait n watch. Some ppl are quite hopeful of Kapil sibal's new education policies.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nisha80

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Since some people are doubtful of where I got the pics from, whether they still exist etc..., I would like to tell you the person who send the image is a highly-placed professor at the a university in Islamabad, and is fervently trying to change this. This isn't the general case, but why should such stuff be in textbooks for kids in the first place? This is seen mostly in the rural area, where brain-cleasing can be successfully performed.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Since some people are doubtful of where I got the pics from, whether they still exist etc..., I would like to tell you the person who send the image is a highly-placed professor at the a university in Islamabad, and is fervently trying to change this. This isn't the general case, but why should such stuff be in textbooks for kids in the first place? This is seen mostly in the rural area, where brain-cleasing can be successfully performed.

I don't doubt the veracity of these images. I am sure there are extremist schools or extremist teachers who want to ingrain this information in children.

Since you appear to have more information on these images, could you clarify what sort of textbooks they do appear in. All school textbooks or in the curriculum of these rogue schools that are indoctrinating children. As far as I know, it is only in the rogue schools and this is merely a minor illustration to the extent of brainwashing.

If this actually is the generic education in Pakistan then it is a much more graver issue. Most reasonable Pakistanis and Muslims will agree that any education that is teaching kids about guns and harming people should be immediately stopped and severe action taken against those who do so.

As for why kids. Yes I agree that kids should never receive such brainwashing. Unfortunately children have a very malleable mind that can be easily shaped. Once cognitively developed the brain naturally questions information before accepting. By targeting young children they get at their brains before a critical thinking process steps in and brainwash them. This way they have unwavering followers.

Think of it as to why the Empire created the army of submissive clones- herein children being the Empire's army of clones. Like the Emperor, these so called religious leaders have no ethics or human compassion - all they care for is their power, control and prestige.

Speaking of brainwashing have you seen the documentary Jesus Camp? Right here in our own backyards.

rahmona_pakswe

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
I do not think this book represents education in Pakistan as a whole. There may be some rural areas, extremist groups that promote such knowledge in children, but I think taking that to mean that the whole nation is teaching its kids violence is wrong. I mean, think about it, you're talking about rural villages in Pakistan --- places where food and water are a scarcity, do you really think that in those parts of Pakistan education is emphasized, let alone encouraged and taught?

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Religion shouldn't be mixed with education. Education should be kept secular. Not necessarily directed at the OP, but bringing religion into education had been seen to be catastrophic in the past. Don't encourage it.

Mixing religion in state may not be the best way to run a country, but Pakistan is a declared Muslim nation. Islamic teachings are a part of education there, especially because there is no separation of church and state.

Starting from the constant feeding of creation "science" (which isn't a science to be honest) as opposed to teaching students about actual biological evolution, to the regular brainwashing of younger children to carry out hideous crimes in the name of religion, mixing religion with education (especially with the science stream) had been seen to give devastating results, and this is very well evidenced by history itself.

Creationism is a part of Islam and evolution isn't, and hence why its excluded. Although I agree that many heinous acts are falsely carried out in the name of religion, I also do not think that simply changing the educational system to include the theory of evolution and exclude creationism will eliminate all the acts of violence.

One looses his capability of thinking analytically or objectively, if his world is limited to the teachings of any respective scriptures from a very young age.

I disagree here. Parents pass on all their knowledge, beliefs, values and morals to us. They have a right to help us learn about their faith. How else would we know exactly what it is that they believe and wish for us to believe. I don't think there's anything wrong with educating students in scriptures, as long as adults realize that they may or may not readily accept all parts of the faith and may require more independent researching to establish their idea of right and wrong. You can read a scripture at a young age and still grow up to think analytically and objectively, given that you are given the right amount of space and atmosphere.

Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

One looses his capability of thinking analytically or objectively, if his world is limited to the teachings of any respective scriptures from a very young age.

I disagree here. Parents pass on all their knowledge, beliefs, values and morals to us. They have a right to help us learn about their faith. How else would we know exactly what it is that they believe and wish for us to believe. I don't think there's anything wrong with educating students in scriptures, as long as adults realize that they may or may not readily accept all parts of the faith and may require more independent researching to establish their idea of right and wrong. You can read a scripture at a young age and still grow up to think analytically and objectively, given that you are given the right amount of space and atmosphere.

It depends how the scriptures are taught and what the child is exposed too. If the exposure to other thought is limited and the method of teaching is indoctrination - then the child does lose their thought process. There are several parents who cross that line when instilling religious values in children.

I like in 7th heaven how Rev. Camden makes them study world religions before confirmation.

Edited by return_to_hades - 28 April 2010 at 11:25pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:22am | IP Logged

I feel very sad sometime...many years of conditioning, education... good names we have given to ugly things...your life you are being trained to be ambitious..society is interested that you should be more skillful, more productive, and less creative...I think students who are reading and studying for their master's degree should be allowed to go to lower classes to teach.... those who are working for their bachelor's degree, thy should be allowed to teach the lower classes.... Every student should be a teacher also, and vice versa......I believe It will be stupid to teach children about religion, history, geography .... unnecessary, there is no need.....we can find more intelligent people in the farmers, in the gardeners, in the villagers.....I think the reason is clear....cos thy are not knowledgeable they cannot depend on the memory..... They have to respond to reality, they have to respond to challenges...thats why i feel they far more wise than a professor in the university....let the student learn some practical things in life...!!Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top