Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 April 2010 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
I don't think I can see all images.

Anyway, I do see the bandook. This is not reflective of education in Pakistan. Most of Pakistan is an average education system. They do a decent job with limited means to impart knowledge and information. A lot of it is very similar to that in India or other subcontinental countries.

The image you portray reflects propaganda education as promoted by extremists in certain parts of Pakistan. As such propaganda education is a dangerous thing detrimental to society. Extremists brainwash innocent children and use them as tools to promote their selfish means.

However, when it comes to propaganda education it is not just Pakistan we should point fingers at. Nor is propaganda education as blatant. A lot of times it is a subliminal brainwashing and convincing the population that a certain government of form of religion is beneficial. Conduct a google search and you will find excellent images and studies on communist propaganda and Nazi propaganda.

The most shameless example of brainwashing and censorship is the great firewall of China. A systematic control of information by the government. Unfortunately, since it is not lethal to the rest of the world like Islamic extremism - no one cares much and we have a government that predates its own citizens, commits more human rights violations than terrorists actually do - and yet gets away with only few eyebrows raised.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sayali_babescanadians--ania--xobilebaz786rahmona_pakswe

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Education in Pakistan (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 April 2010 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Moderators Note: I wanted to make it clear that this topic is being left open because there is room to discuss. Everyone is expected to express their opinion in a respectable manner. The moment this turns into bashing of countries or religion - it will be locked and miscreants will have their WL increased.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Snehaxobilebaz786rahmona_pakswe

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 27 April 2010 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

Pakistan's higher education system has been destroyed or slowdown over the last 30 years...Now a days Pakistan has always been a country full of in-fighting be it...

1) Cricket
2) Administration and politics (where the Military, Govt., insurgents and religious leaders) r all at logger-heads to own, rule and manage the country.
3) terrorist/thaliban and other mafia groups issues!

Buz ek saal ke liye hum hindustaaniyon ko Pakistan de do - hum sudhaar denge ,atleast the Education sector...... :)

Feel free...No offence...bt think about it!!.....

Big smile

Edited by Believe - 28 April 2010 at 5:54am

4teen12

4teen12

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 3:04am | IP Logged
My comments on Pakistanis are well known, so no more comments!!!!!!!!

Cant let the Mod have a chance to ban widout WL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Doesnt the govt have any say at all in education policies of its country Shocked  or is all this happening as part of Govt policy ?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Doesnt the govt have any say at all in education policies of its country Shocked  or is all this happening as part of Govt policy ?

Angie, this is not government sponsored education. This is the education that takes place in rebel areas in defiance of all things. Granted the government ought to do more in curbing such practices and that there are elements within the government that do support and promote such things. But in essence this is not conventional education.

How is this for government sponsored education? In March 2010 the Texas School Board decided to drop Thomas Jefferson one of United States key founding fathers because his political philosophy was deemed too liberal. They replaced 'democracy' with the term 'constitutional republic'. Moreover now every political idea that appeals to southern conservatism is referred to as in accordance with "laws of nature and nature's God".  This in a government prescribed curriculum that will soon be representative of Texas and other school boards and what students will have to learn.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by angie.4u

Angie, this is not government sponsored education. This is the education that takes place in rebel areas in defiance of all things. Granted the government ought to do more in curbing such practices and that there are elements within the government that do support and promote such things. But in essence this is not conventional education.

How is this for government sponsored education? In March 2010 the Texas School Board decided to drop Thomas Jefferson one of United States key founding fathers because his political philosophy was deemed too liberal. They replaced 'democracy' with the term 'constitutional republic'. Moreover now every political idea that appeals to southern conservatism is referred to as in accordance with "laws of nature and nature's God".  This in a government prescribed curriculum that will soon be representative of Texas and other school boards and what students will have to learn.

Are you serious? In my current state?ShockedLOL ... I guess I won't be educating my yet to be born kids in TX. Some time ago, one of my class-mates in my adult education class was saying that she took her kids out of school to home-school 'cause the teachers, and learning was really poor and unfair. I was surprized mostly 'cause my education (at least in high-school) was very rigorous, and standards high.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged

Traditionally Texas has been one of the best education boards in the USA. In fact a lot of school boards in USA tend to model their curriculum and textbooks around the Texas school board. That is why amidst the educational community there was a huge outcry when Texas set this precedent as people feared that it would trickle down to the other school boards.

Well at least Texas is only trying to change American history by pretending that Thomas Jefferson never existed. Unlike the Kansas board which was the first to introduce intelligent design to its prescribed curriculum. But on the bright side thanks to Kansas Board of Education we now have a new noble religion church of the flying spaghetti monster. The enlightened ones are now blessed with its noodly goodness. On the brightest side at least they are not claiming the holocaust is a lie.

There was a time when Mormons and Baptists would home school their kids to give them a religious education that was not available in secular schools. In many states like Texas, Kansas the trend is slowly turning. Parents are now home schooling children out of fear that the education standards being set are too conservative and misinforming children of history.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top