Education in Pakistan - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago

Pakistan's higher education system has been destroyed or slowdown over the last 30 years...Now a days Pakistan has always been a country full of in-fighting be it...

1) Cricket
2) Administration and politics (where the Military, Govt., insurgents and religious leaders) r all at logger-heads to own, rule and manage the country.
3) terrorist/thaliban and other mafia groups issues!

Buz ek saal ke liye hum hindustaaniyon ko Pakistan de do - hum sudhaar denge ,atleast the Education sector...... :)

Feel free...No offence...bt think about it!!.....

😃

Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
My comments on Pakistanis are well known, so no more comments!!!!!!!!

Cant let the Mod have a chance to ban widout WL
Doesnt the govt have any say at all in education policies of its country 😲  or is all this happening as part of Govt policy ?
Originally posted by angie.4u

Doesnt the govt have any say at all in education policies of its country 😲  or is all this happening as part of Govt policy ?

Angie, this is not government sponsored education. This is the education that takes place in rebel areas in defiance of all things. Granted the government ought to do more in curbing such practices and that there are elements within the government that do support and promote such things. But in essence this is not conventional education.

How is this for government sponsored education? In March 2010 the Texas School Board decided to drop Thomas Jefferson one of United States key founding fathers because his political philosophy was deemed too liberal. They replaced 'democracy' with the term 'constitutional republic'. Moreover now every political idea that appeals to southern conservatism is referred to as in accordance with "laws of nature and nature's God".  This in a government prescribed curriculum that will soon be representative of Texas and other school boards and what students will have to learn.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Angie, this is not government sponsored education. This is the education that takes place in rebel areas in defiance of all things. Granted the government ought to do more in curbing such practices and that there are elements within the government that do support and promote such things. But in essence this is not conventional education.

How is this for government sponsored education? In March 2010 the Texas School Board decided to drop Thomas Jefferson one of United States key founding fathers because his political philosophy was deemed too liberal. They replaced 'democracy' with the term 'constitutional republic'. Moreover now every political idea that appeals to southern conservatism is referred to as in accordance with "laws of nature and nature's God".  This in a government prescribed curriculum that will soon be representative of Texas and other school boards and what students will have to learn.

Are you serious? In my current state?Shocked😆 ... I guess I won't be educating my yet to be born kids in TX. Some time ago, one of my class-mates in my adult education class was saying that she took her kids out of school to home-school 'cause the teachers, and learning was really poor and unfair. I was surprized mostly 'cause my education (at least in high-school) was very rigorous, and standards high.

Traditionally Texas has been one of the best education boards in the USA. In fact a lot of school boards in USA tend to model their curriculum and textbooks around the Texas school board. That is why amidst the educational community there was a huge outcry when Texas set this precedent as people feared that it would trickle down to the other school boards.

Well at least Texas is only trying to change American history by pretending that Thomas Jefferson never existed. Unlike the Kansas board which was the first to introduce intelligent design to its prescribed curriculum. But on the bright side thanks to Kansas Board of Education we now have a new noble religion – church of the flying spaghetti monster. The enlightened ones are now blessed with its noodly goodness. On the brightest side at least they are not claiming the holocaust is a lie.

There was a time when Mormons and Baptists would home school their kids to give them a religious education that was not available in secular schools. In many states like Texas, Kansas the trend is slowly turning. Parents are now home schooling children out of fear that the education standards being set are too conservative and misinforming children of history.

Religion shouldn't be mixed with education. Education should be kept secular. Not necessarily directed at the OP, but bringing religion into education had been seen to be catastrophic in the past. Don't encourage it.

Starting from the constant feeding of creation "science" (which isn't a science to be honest) as opposed to teaching students about actual biological evolution, to the regular brainwashing of younger children to carry out hideous crimes in the name of religion, mixing religion with education (especially with the science stream) had been seen to give devastating results, and this is very well evidenced by history itself.

One looses his capability of thinking analytically or objectively, if his world is limited to the teachings of any respective scriptures from a very young age.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
And here in India we are all set to welcome the foreign universities! They are supposed to to be allowed autonomy.  Lets wait n watch. Some ppl are quite hopeful of Kapil sibal's new education policies.
Since some people are doubtful of where I got the pics from, whether they still exist etc..., I would like to tell you the person who send the image is a highly-placed professor at the a university in Islamabad, and is fervently trying to change this. This isn't the general case, but why should such stuff be in textbooks for kids in the first place? This is seen mostly in the rural area, where brain-cleasing can be successfully performed.
Originally posted by debayon

Since some people are doubtful of where I got the pics from, whether they still exist etc..., I would like to tell you the person who send the image is a highly-placed professor at the a university in Islamabad, and is fervently trying to change this. This isn't the general case, but why should such stuff be in textbooks for kids in the first place? This is seen mostly in the rural area, where brain-cleasing can be successfully performed.

I don't doubt the veracity of these images. I am sure there are extremist schools or extremist teachers who want to ingrain this information in children.

Since you appear to have more information on these images, could you clarify what sort of textbooks they do appear in. All school textbooks or in the curriculum of these rogue schools that are indoctrinating children. As far as I know, it is only in the rogue schools and this is merely a minor illustration to the extent of brainwashing.

If this actually is the generic education in Pakistan then it is a much more graver issue. Most reasonable Pakistanis and Muslims will agree that any education that is teaching kids about guns and harming people should be immediately stopped and severe action taken against those who do so.

As for why kids. Yes I agree that kids should never receive such brainwashing. Unfortunately children have a very malleable mind that can be easily shaped. Once cognitively developed the brain naturally questions information before accepting. By targeting young children they get at their brains before a critical thinking process steps in and brainwash them. This way they have unwavering followers.

Think of it as to why the Empire created the army of submissive clones- herein children being the Empire's army of clones. Like the Emperor, these so called religious leaders have no ethics or human compassion - all they care for is their power, control and prestige.

Speaking of brainwashing have you seen the documentary Jesus Camp? Right here in our own backyards.