JayVed thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi, I wish to address to the people who liked the simplicity of BBB, where only comedy existed and no negativity and lots of morals......there is another show which again is made by a Gujarati artist on another channel.

Firstly, I would like to apologize to everyone about my sentence in my previous post that this serial is sort of equal to BBB. Those were my feelings and for some people there is nothing better than BBB. So I have changed the title of this post from "An alternative to BBB" to "A sub-alternative to BBB" reflecting it is not equal to BBB.

But given the fact, that our best BBB serial is no more (although we can still see past BBB episodes and enjoy nearly the same), it will be nice to see something which is good and will at least make us laugh. Something is better than nothing. If nothing, I can at least assure you that this serial will bring some smile in your face. Another good thing about this serial (if you watch it) is that it is telecasted 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday)

OK enough of talking and suspense, the serial is  "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah" shown in SAB channel at 8.30PM India Time. But you can watch nearly all its episodes in YouTube. Wait don't close this page and start searching YouTube. I will give you a brief introduction to this serial so you can have a background.

[Just once caution: There is one character which you will find speaking in a stupid way....!😆 and she is character Daya..but you will get used to that as I did)

IF forum:
Discussion Forum: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/446
Character Sketch: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1174073

Other source of information/videos:
SAB channel website
Wiki
YouTube (all episodes there)

Good elements:
Pure Comedy
Morals taught via many situations
No hatred whatsoever
Realistic, down-to-earth
Respect to elders shown
No adult-related issues (pure family drama)

(a) This serial started in July 2008 (just less than 2 years). 

(b) In BBB, we saw so many people of which everyone belonged to one family
Here there are so many people but are neighbors and essentially live like a family.

(c) In BBB, we saw importance of family values (nothing can beat BBB in this issue)
Here the serial raises importance of community, national and cultural issues.

(d) Something which is common is comedy. There are more Gujarati words in this serial than BBB but that is still restricted to some characters only. Soon you will notice the character Jethalal is the major comedian and is a Gujarati.

Ok enough of comments, give it a try and if you like it, then share it. Like I did.

Bye
Edited by JayVed - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

birju4baby thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayVed

Hi, I wish to address to the people who liked the simplicity of BBB, where only comedy existed and no negativity and lots of morals......there is another show which again is made by a Gujarati artist on another channel.

This show is pure comedy. BBB was the best....but I personally feel this show beats BBB in many down-to-earth and realistic and moral aspects. No offense BBB was still very unique.

I won't write the name here otherwise my post will be banned of mentioning other serial in this forum. But anyone genuinely interested, please pm me and I will tell you the name of that serial. Another issue about this serial...there are accents and dialogues which are really ethnic Gujarati. I being Gujarati can easily recognize them but others might scratch their heads at some points..but overall you will enjoy.

Bye

First of all Jayved Bhai , welcome back .. I am so happy to see your post after a long time.We need you to keep this forum active.

JayVed thumbnail

@ Birju4baby: I agree with your signature that it should be nearly mandatory in some form to see BBB as adopting morals is not easy but it becomes easy after looking and appreciating them.
john89 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
do tell about the show, although i doin't think any show can compare to BBB, they all come and last for 10 days and then go back to being crap. bbb pulled 2.5 years off perfection, and would have continued even now. and the thing is that it's probably inspired by BBB, jd himself said that people started copying his ideas and concepts, that's true I believe.

and post the name, moderators are not here i think, only tumbleweeds, they come and fly by.
^^^^Lol, I'm still here ji, someone from the Dev Team who is pretty lenient 😛.

Personally for me no show can compare to BBB.

Hmmm, lets make a deal here JayVed ji. If the show has a forum on IF, then you may post the link so everyone can check it out. If there is no forum available here then I'll let you tell the name of the show. When a few interested members have been able to see what it is, I can close this topic-or shift it to the other forum ji. I have to follow rules, but if you say there is a show that is like BBB-I'm more than willing to let members know about it=).

Hope this works for everyone.
john89 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lol, sorry, i was just joking anyway. hope you didn't mind. anyway this i posted on the other forum too:

hahahah lol something funny happened today. i was at my friends house today, i was bored, so i asked him to call hatsoff and ask for khichdi movie. hahah, it was kinda weird.

the man on the phone was really nice tho, i told my friend to ask for the release date. the guy on the phone said either in june or july. (WHOOPIE). paathsahala and houseful been advertising since 3 months lol. i just hope it lives up to our expectations.

so there it is. that's good news i think. this trailers should start soon then right. somewhere in may they will for sure.  I am only looking out for 3 movies right now, Munnabhai chale amrika, khichdi ebls, and don 2 (cause of shahrukh's acting only).

did anyone else call to them before? even though i didn't talk, it was still ackward lol.

Edited by john89 - 14 years ago
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I recommend sajan re..jhoot mat bolo on SAB.. its simply amazing.. has hats off standards (not better than BBB, but better than BBHBBH, Jassuben and Sukh by chance) and its BG music and some artists remind me of BBB..It is also produced by a gujarati producer..
Sorry for mentioning the name again, if you want to watch it, try youtube...It has a forum on I-F
SAJAN RE JHOOT MAT BOLO FORUM

Pls PM the name or post it here, I dont think writing the name of show is against I-f rules.Edited by instantkhichdi - 14 years ago
birju4baby thumbnail
I personally feel that it is ok to name a show in other show as long as the topic and post is related to the show in this case Baa bahu and baby.So I dont see any issue with mentioning the name of the show or discussing Baa Bahu baby with respect to other show .But it is definitely wrong to start discussing a second show in BBB forum.So if I start a topic discussinhg how the lead actress of Behnein cant act , that would be wrong but I should be able to mention mention Behnein and comapre it with BBB.
JayVed thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Thanks to all who showed interest in my post. The details of the serial are on page 1 of this post. I have just edited my first post so people don't have to come to the last page to see the details.

instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Yes taarak mehta is a good show; started watching it recently..the saari track is nice..but I find sajan re jhoot mat bolo a bit better..anyways its personal tastes..

Daya was actually a discovery of hats off production (she played kinri in Resham dankh and did cameo in khichdi so many times).