India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Arman?! What a Moron! (Page 2)

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Agree (on some points), Surnita, but because Armaan changes, Jassi should be handed over to him on platter? If Armaan can change over time, so can Jassi's feelings. How long can a person love someone without it being reciprocated. Additionally, he treats her like dirt. If I remember correctly if Armaan changes, so does Jassi. Excellent, if Armaan changes to a fine human being, but I think justice will be done if Jassi's feeling changes too. It will also make sense.

Yes, in real life, people changes, but not necessarily for the better. Some become better human being, some change for the worse because of the bad experiences in their lives-All depends on the experiences they gone through and the person's will power to remain a good being inspite of everything that has happened in his/her life. However, those who become better human being, does life give them what they want? No one said life is fair- And I will be happy if Armaan becomes a better human being, good for him, but no, he should not necessarily get rewarded for it.  

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 16 September 2004 at 2:23pm

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
I agree but this is a tv serial.  It is an Indian Tv serial.  Therefore it doesnt matter what a character was like before they can reform in 3 seconds flat without any sacrifice.  In BLF Armandos big loss is when Betty leaves him and the company and he realises he cant live without her and he doubts she will come back to him.  Perhaps thats what will happen in the Indian version.  Who knows?    Where exactly are saint Purabs the robots grey shades?  I have never seen them and didnt Samir Soni say he wont play parts with grey shades?  Yes Armaan is stupid but then you see flickers of a human being from time to time.  This is what makes his character so interesting.
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

As for Armaan getting rewarded for changing - well this is a tv programme so it should have a fairy tale ending. 

Or maybe Jas will end up with Purab?

We will see.

Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Interesting, maybe, but not likeable. I don't find anything interesting in the 'Armaan' they are projecting right now. He (the character) is behaving totally stupid. Probably, that is how they want to project him-stupid. who knows. His character has deteriorated over time. The writers should something fast (probably they are already late) to make this character interesting again, if they still want Armaan to be the hero of this soap.

They want to show this serial askin to real life, hence they have shown the main character as the girl next door, so comparison to real-life is bound to happen. BTW, I did the comparison to real-life in response your message (5th para)

Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

Why should Jassi end with either?

yeh, probably they will go with what majority viewers want and have her end with either one.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

whoever said purab was a saint, a perfect human perhaps, a sane rich, mature , selfmade,responsible,understanding guy sure he is that.

as for his gray shades, while he does great in corporate world ,his emotional life is quite dysfunctional and he is a loner, the good thing is he atleast makes a genuine effort to correct it. while his romantic idealogy does not invoke blood searing passions ,its sincerity definately makes you notice it.he is also a bit of conservative which is not in fashion these days.  think of him as a guy who could have had anything falling for a chit of girl who is normally invisible.he is insecure about her and is making all his efforts (some grayer than others) to win her.

current IF-Rockerz
current
current

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

Well said ASH!....wholly agree esp on the reward bit..   but on second thoughts maybe the directors should hand Jassi to him on a platter because it was soooo difficult for MR SURI to change..he should not only be rewarded but he should go down in history as one of the greatest repenters of all times.

Stupidity is sooo interesting?...or is it?

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 16 September 2004 at 3:10pm | IP Logged

Current if you bothered to read my reply properly you would read I wrote as it is an Indian tv show, the writers do not need to justify the change in Armaan!  Why should he go down in history as one of the greatest repenters of all time?  Yeah hes going to repent....why are you so gutted about it?  Is it because your darling PM might not get the girl after all?

I never said stupidity is interesting.  I said you see flickers of a human being from time to time, thats what makes him more interesting than that robot.

Next time read my replies properly before coming out with a smart alec reply that doesnt actually make sense.

Go to top