Other Shows
Other Shows

Why Ravinder Ravi?

aniljha Newbie
aniljha
aniljha

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 3:59am | IP Logged

Hello

I just noted lots of comments coming in from ppl that they don't like Ravinder, he should be taken off, etc.

But you know what, I personally voted from my mobile around 10 times every week for Ravinder Ravi, just so that he comes in the Top 5 and takes the Rs. 60,000 gift, that was for the Final 5.

Ravinder Ravi is Besura, Betaal, can't sing a single line into the music, yet I voted for him.

You know why? because the show's name is Indian Idol.

Its not Sa Re Ga Ma Pa or any other Singing competition, its Indian Idol. A person that India feels should be their idol.

A person who barely survives his bread and butter by painting walls and doors, comes to the Top 5 of a show that millions of people watch ?? And then also when he does not sing well, look well ?? All people, rich or poor who watch TV, housewives, students, all talking about him ??

This is not an ordinary case. Think about it.

Idol means in whom we see ourselves, who represents us.

India is a poor country, all Indians do not look well, all Indians don't sing in Sur and Taal, but yet we are very confident, we are bathroom singers, we love playing Antakshari among our friends.

Mind you, its his courage to yet survive and sing, no judge is happy with him, no person likes him there, but yet he sings, he smiles, a normal person would have come back due to such demoralisation and discouragement in the environment around him.

Although I know its not possible for Ravinder to reach even the Final 3, but I pray he becomes the Indian Idol.

Best Regards

Anil K. Jha

bobbypa Newbie
bobbypa
bobbypa

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Yes,why Ravinder.Iam not from Punjab.Iam from kerala.Let me do an analysis on his voice and mannerisms.
His voice stood out among the whole singers.He can sing beautifully on his own voice but for the dearth of Sur Sthan.It comes through practise and knowledge.As he is not aware of what is Sur how can he sing with Sur.Despite that he is the best.He is Indian Idol for everybody.Give him the chance to prove.A good singer is a singer who sing from heart not by dance as Farah Khan says.She said Sonu Nigam is the greatest singer of India.Biggest blunder of 2005 is her words.When Yesudas and S.P Balasubramaniam is alive how can he be the best.Sonu should show his character by denying that but he took the credit Bad it is.Just listen to couple of normal songs in hindi sung by yesudas(normal ones) see where Sonu stands and Yesudas is.Guys dont go by the judge, we all learnt music in this part of the world.Iam sure if Ravinder had a chance he would be the  worlds best.Dearth of food and cloth where the guy can dance.Farah is being cruel and stupid.Yesterday Ravi sang beautifully and Sonu clapped.It said the story he was very good.Indian Idol is just dancing?????I was in USA for many years and was following American idol and many who won were the people who have heart of America.If Ravinder was from America he would have well won there by miles ahead.I vote for Ravinder very much.My family has real good singers and all my family is praying for Ravinder.Guys Prajakta should stop acting and being unreal.Her voice is not unique.Rahul copies as everybody knows.Amit Sana got a close nose voice though he got good music knowledge and fighter.Abijeet, yes he would be my second choice with all the qualities but for Ravinder's aura.It is Indian Idol and it has to be people's mind.It is not emotional.If you say everyday living is called emotional then you can call living for the bread is also emotional.Iam not putting the assumptions on people.But categorically saying Ravinder easily stands out.Farah please give a break to Indians.Dont talk stupid things.You want to dance I challenge you for a dance competition.On behalf of Ravinder I will dance.I can easily win anybody you chose.Iam a latin dancer throughtout my 10 years of working abroad.Iam a software senior consultant who is going to have my own business now.In my heart I can see Ravi is the Indian Idol for the whole of Indians.Hi p Hip Hurray for Ravinder Ravi....God bless you my brother

aniljha Newbie
aniljha
aniljha

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 10:00am | IP Logged

Did you notice these things::

1. Prajakta, when declared safe, did not even look at Ravi, while Ravi congratulated by tapping back,

2. All the 3 guys, when Ravi was said to come on stage for the last 2, none of them hugged him,

3. When Aman Verma said about the friendship between contestants, Yeh Dosti Hum Nahi Chhodenge, All the remaining 4 except Ravi, gathered there hands together, while no one looked at Ravi

That shows what we Indians still feel about the poor and the illitrate.

While the Entry of Ravinder Ravi into this show was excellent, exit was hopeless.

Anu Malik said, Teri Gurbat (poverty) ki zindagi khatam hui, shuru hui nahi kismat.

Farah Khan said, I am proud to be judge of such a show in which Ravinder Ravi is a contestant.

And Now, when Ravinder was being ruled out, Anu Malik and Farah were watching as if he has taken something out of their pocket and he deserves to get lost.

Anyways, I am not going to watch the show any more, Rahul Vaidya happens to be the ultimate choice.

Amit Sana, doesn't look that good, Rahul Vaidya has more knowledge of music than Abhijeet, Prajakta is good but she has the female factor, Indians don't have the tendency to see a female take over the prize of such a great show.

So all cheers to Rahul Vaidya now, and yes, best of luck to Ravinder Ravi, it was indeed a pleasure to watch a show with Ravinder as one of the Contestants, god bless.

Best Regards

Anil K. Jha

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top