Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-bhootni-

IF-Sizzlerz

-bhootni-

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Hey everyone...well it's been 3 weeks (right or wrong?) since Geet started and this forum has been buzzing with loads of discussions. Well, so I'll be introducing the discussion for this week...

Is it really necessary for a girl like Geet (I am assuming she is educated to say the least) to have a guy in her life? As in we've been noticing quite a few threads on who does Geet look good with.

Daarji is so confident in his decision to get Geet married to a NRI that he refuses to see the hints. Do you think that this has been show realistically?
    Do you think that this serial is creating awareness of how some NRI marriages can turn out to be? Or is it making the situation worse by tempting the people to assume that all NRI marriages are bad?
Alright so here are some discussion questions for the week....anything else is welcome as well!

Disclaimer: No fighting...no comparison between characters (unless it's really really really really and extremely necessary...which I know it's not!)

- Sumaiya

Edited by -bhootni- - 26 April 2010 at 7:24am

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsyrohanluv.bohemian.coolmimz-Amri-flamingo_ariesilive2laughInterstellarAntaresmagicalmelody-dramaholic-aish_punkmima190587loveaboveall.Sofna-Lana-Lostindreams..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - NRI marriages" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Lana

IF-Stunnerz

-Lana

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Nice one sumi

well for Geets family it is necessary that Geet gets married to a NRI--but what about Geet? i mean she said she don't want to get married so soon so why to force her?..but we have to say that she is smitten by dev..so maybe it was't forcing.

The NRI marriage...i don't know that much about this issu actuly...i don't even know what NRI stands for..but ya i have heared from ppl that actuly this happens in reality...but ofcorce as u said sumi not all NRI marriages are bad...

but here the situation is different...dev's family are thif...so the mariage is not good

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.bohemian.-bhootni-Sofna-Lostindreams

mima190587

IF-Sizzlerz

mima190587

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 7:17am | IP Logged
NRI non resident Indian
will repsond to DOTW just give a sec

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ReginaAli-bhootni-Sofna-Lana

mima190587

IF-Sizzlerz

mima190587

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged

Is it really necessary for a girl like Geet (I am assuming she is educated to say the least) to have a guy in her life? well she has to get married one day right, my problem is that she's what only 18, what's the rush, poor girl said she's not ready for marriage and wants to study

As in we've been noticing quite a few threads on who does Geet look good with. Daarji is so confident in his decision to get Geet married to a NRI that he refuses to see the hints. Do you think that this has been show realistically? i don't think i can say much on this issue as i live outside of India and don't know much about these marriages

Do you think that this serial is creating awareness of how some NRI marriages can turn out to be? Or is it making the situation worse by tempting the people to assume that all NRI marriages are bad? no i don't think it's making NRI marriages bad, but i think it shows that you need to be careful and need to actually really get to know the people

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsy.bohemian.jenny.celestaeReginaAliSofna-bhootni--Lana

-Lostindreams

IF-Stunnerz

-Lostindreams

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Is it really necessary for a girl like Geet (I am assuming she is educated to say the least) to have a guy in her life? No it is not, the girl her self said no in the first place. But if u see from the parents side they think abt THEIR girl (their daughter), they don't think abt her as a girl, tht is problem wth the elders. If they see from the girls side they will understand better y geet don't wanna get married. And if i look from parents side then, it is sooo typical tht the elders look at other ppl 2 like "Us ki larki ki shaadi ho gaye, humari larki abhi bhi kuwari hai, koi kharabi to nahi larki main". Also parents think 2 "shaadi to honi hai, abhi hi kar dete hai". I seriously think marriage is not a game, ppl shud think abt it ALOT before giving their daughter away, specially in "Geets" situation.

Daarji is so confident in his decision to get Geet married to a NRI that he refuses to see the hints. Do you think that this has been show realistically? I don't know if i understood this question right, but BUT if u mean if such thing actually happens in real and the elders ignore to see beyond NRI thing, then i have to say yess this happens, few ppl r soooo stupid (sorry to say this) then they they think "munda sona hai, bahir rehta hai, kuri ko khush rakhe ga". It is soooooooo hurtful for the girl whn they don't think abt other than this, sach karwa hota hai and sadly this is true. Specially whn it comes to NRIs, ppl just don't look further than WOW he is from outside the country.
    Do you think that this serial is creating awareness of how some NRI marriages can turn out to be? Yess kinda of, i mean many serials learn us how to act to some situations which happens in real life. RIght now india is taking western culture, where there is almost no place for  NRI marriges. But sadly this is not how ALL NRI marriages turn out to be, i have my cousins who got married and moved to england and USA, by the grace of god, our family has been so so soooooooooooooooo lucky to have found the best men, seriously one of my cousins who got married to a man who lived in USA was seriously ONE of the sweetest man i had seen in my life. He was SOOOOOOOOOO caring.
     Or is it making the situation worse by tempting the people to assume that all NRI marriages are bad? Yesss it is, media is wht ppl listen to nowadays. And as i said not all NRI r bad expirience in family, none of them turned out to be bad. Also it is telling tht be careful and think before taking a step.

Edited by pakindmuziq - 26 April 2010 at 8:41am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Aarti_1990jenny..bohemian.-Amri--bhootni-Sofnaaish_punk-Lana

kripsy

kripsy

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
In terms of arranging ANY marriage, they should have taken into account Geet's wishes and given her some extra time. i think the decision being made by her family in that way was done to highlight the misogynistic nature of some parts of society - even today. I mean when she went missing Geet's Daarji's biggest concern was her sitting in a bus with boys more than her safety! The way the story is gonna play out I think will reflect how Geet will have to suffer for the mistakes made by the elders in her famil especially the men. I guess it's social commentary that being elder isn't alwys a licence that you're wiser.

The other thing about NRI marriages I think the story wont have as big a social impact as making people be more suspicious of NRI marriages but it may make families more aware that such things do happen and that families should run some sort of character/background check on the prospective girl/groom and their families - I dont mean hire a PI but ask people that know them. Because people are only gonna tell you what they want you to know about themselves the rest you have to find out from others

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

.bohemian.jenny.-Amri-Khushboo_AN-bhootni--Lana

taral83

IF-Dazzler

taral83

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 10:16am | IP Logged
As for NRI marriages.......I think this serial teaching a good lesson over all. It doesn't matter who the guy is NRI or indian resident, the girls family should not be in a rush to send their daughter off. Its important to understand that all the glitters isn't gold.......a girls family should investigate everything before making such a important choice. Its also important to know what the girl wants to do also. I don't think its about just NRI, but any individual that may appear to good to be true. The more important qualites should be that the person is a good human being and the family is good. Though Dev, showed those qualties, his family did not, and when you get married, you marry the family also. Making a rushing decision like they did with Geet, was very dumb. You can't make a daughters life long decision in a few days. especially if it involves them going far away. I also believe that a parent and the daughter themselves should make the decision after thinking and investigating and then leave the rest to god and naseeb. Some things we human's have no control over. We should do the best and leave rest to the one that knows it all.

Edited by taral83 - 26 April 2010 at 10:17am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kripsy.bohemian.-Amri-krystal_watz-bhootni-..RamKiJanaki..

Interstellar

IF-Rockerz

Interstellar

Posted: 27 April 2010 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bhootni-

Hey everyone...well it's been 3 weeks (right or wrong?) since Geet started and this forum has been buzzing with loads of discussions. Well, so I'll be introducing the discussion for this week...

Is it really necessary for a girl like Geet (I am assuming she is educated to say the least) to have a guy in her life? As in we've been noticing quite a few threads on who does Geet look good with.

Daarji is so confident in his decision to get Geet married to a NRI that he refuses to see the hints. Do you think that this has been show realistically?
    Do you think that this serial is creating awareness of how some NRI marriages can turn out to be? Or is it making the situation worse by tempting the people to assume that all NRI marriages are bad?
Alright so here are some discussion questions for the week....anything else is welcome as well!

Disclaimer: No fighting...no comparison between characters (unless it's really really really really and extremely necessary...which I know it's not!)

- Sumaiya

bhootniiiii *hugs*

sumi.. hav u persumed anything about "geet" further move after today's 27/04...

n abt geet am not watching it, jus saw two episodes, but i know the story outline... so will make my comment...

as for ur query about NRI marriages, it is good to create awareness among ppl. 'coz such incidents are happening for real n it is good if ppl. are more careful while making a choice... n yes not all NRI marriages are bad,

but simply put the message i get is, watch ur step... lol not only for NRI but also every marriages...

Edited by Tushtih7 - 27 April 2010 at 12:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punkSofna-bhootni-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top