Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

SMS Strategy- Reality Shows

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Dancelover

Dancelover

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 1:42am | IP Logged

On an average, a popular reality television show gets about 7 million cell phone text messages each episode.

At Rs 4 per SMS, that adds up to Rs 28 million per episode.

Over a year (52 weeks), that is an astounding Rs 1,460 million.

On a 50:50 split between the channel and the mobile operator, that works out to Rs 730 million to the channel.

All that money from just one reality show.

To get the SMSs in, they will motivate, inspire, incite, instigate and also lure you

All you people who vote/SMS for reality shows, please note that you are part of a business strategy carefully drawn up in the boardroom and executed carefully by the director.

The regional/language/parochial/sympathy/failing-in-love cards are freely used.

And yes, you can vote as many times as you wish. The more you vote, the greater the chance of your favourite contestant winning. And you have a chance to win too.

Anything to make you send a simple SMS.

'Aapka ek SMS ek career bacha sakta hain(one SMS from you can save a career).'

Beg. Beg. Beg.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SMS Strategy- Reality Shows" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ishan.

Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 1:47am | IP Logged
hahaha lol , yeah u r right !! LOLLOLLOL And plus they get lots and lots of money from their sponsors !! Really good strategy to make money !!Tongue

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 2:14am | IP Logged
I loved you're calculations.. Big smile Anyways, I voted for Shakti through SMS texts only last week... I never voted for anyone after Parvez.. Embarrassed 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Its_Sash

ajinkya123

ajinkya123

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 6:44am | IP Logged
In did lil masters winner will be from farah khan or sandip soparkar dance academy LOL

sms fixing LOL

baijubavra

baijubavra

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancelover

On an average, a popular reality television show gets about 7 million cell phone text messages each episode.

On a 50:50 split between the channel and the mobile operator, that works out to Rs 730 million to the channel.

To get the SMSs in, they will motivate, inspire, incite, instigate and also lure you

All you people who vote/SMS for reality shows, please note that you are part of a business strategy carefully drawn up in the boardroom and executed carefully by the director.

And yes, you can vote as many times as you wish. The more you vote, the greater the chance of your favourite contestant winning. And you have a chance to win too.

Beg. Beg. Beg.

I agree ! I also think that D-Sir was a paper tiger! Otherwise he wasn't a Shaktishali contestant at all ! I think all they do is - create hype in the mid season but do not rig the final results otherwise why would people like TKT work so hard !

BTW - In your calculation, you need to divide the final number by 2 because DID runs for 6 months and not for 12 months.

Its_Sash

Goldie

Its_Sash

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by baijubavra

Beg. Beg. Beg.

I agree ! I also think that D-Sir was a paper tiger! Otherwise he wasn't a Shaktishali contestant at all ! I think all they do is - create hype in the mid season but do not rig the final results otherwise why would people like TKT work so hard !

BTW - In your calculation, you need to divide the final number by 2 because DID runs for 6 months and not for 12 months.

The SMS costs Rs. 3.

7 million votes per episode??? Shocked The winner in teh grand finale got approx 8 lakhs vote.

7 million means 70 lakhs..... please be reasonable..!!!Tongue

Agar itna profit hota to sabse aage Vijay Mallya ek reality show lanch karta LOL

According to me.... each episode they have around 10 lakh votes... however in case of DID they have only 8 weeks of public voting.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-Keenu.GakannasunandshineGur.N.coolAngel-likeDevil

Keenu.G

IF-Rockerz

Keenu.G

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Its_Sash

Originally posted by baijubavra

<font face="ARIAL" size="2">
<font size="5"></font>

<font size="5">O</font>n an average, a popular reality television show gets about 7 million cell phone text messages each episode.

Beg. Beg. Beg.

</font>

The SMS costs Rs. 3.
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">
7 million votes per episode??? Shocked The winner in teh grand finale got approx 8 lakhs vote.

7 million means 70 lakhs..... please be reasonable..!!!Tongue

Agar itna profit hota to sabse aage Vijay Mallya ek reality show lanch karta LOL

According to me.... each episode they have around 10 lakh votes... however in case of DID they have only 8 weeks of public voting.</font>

'

Good post again~ is there any post of urs tht I didn't like LOL

A perfect result of over exaggerating the money earned from the show and
good example of fallacy of straw man! LOL ( haha my critical reasoning teacher will be so proud)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Its_Sash-desigirl-Angel-likeDevil

Gur.N.cool

IF-Sizzlerz

Gur.N.cool

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 9:26am | IP Logged
there's actually not that much profit in SMS, it's very exaggerated. I don't think the channels even care about SMS money becuase it's soo less compared to the money they earn from commercials. Each 10 second spot for a commercial is priced up to 1- 2 lakhs rupee for a popular reality show. So 1 minute of adds can make them about 6-12 lakhs.

If SMS was making them that much money they would have kept all these Veto Rounds to rake in more money over more weeks.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

akanna

Post Reply New Post

Go to top