Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

suhaani.cidmjht

IF-Rockerz

suhaani.cidmjht

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 1:13am | IP Logged
DISCLAIMER--NO OFFENSE MEANT TO ANYONE, WHETHER ABHI OR DAYA OR ABHI-DAYA FANS.....

Recently, I was wacthing Abhi's memory loss episode on youtube, (Case of Stolen Dynamite), and I realised lots of things about Abhi-Daya bond. So please dont mind but I felt like analysing this bond that the characters share. Any offense that maybe caused is not intended. I just felt like sharing my views on our favourite duo... U r welcome to comment and give ure own views too!! Lol.

In this episode, I obeserved lots. Abhijeet was a different person before his memory loss. Wat I didnt get was Y he was in a seedy looking bar in the beginning of d epi. And he ws a smoker too.
                It was here that our duo met and history was created as u can say. At first I didnt recognize Daya, who was sitting at table wen Abhi came to him for a lighter. Again I cudnt understand Y Daya was at such a place. I can say that the two were lucky they met each other this way. Both looked so lonely when the episode started. Daya was a loner I could feel. Abhijeet came to him for a lighter and then left only to be kidnapped. Daya, as a dutiful CID officer hunted for that car along with Acp. The two met a traumatized Abhijeet- another turning point in the history of CID show!
              (In the Senior Inspector Abhijeet case, though Daya was really harsh, he voiced his suspicion probably because of the circumstances under which he met Abhi.)

Anyway, the duo began their journey henceforth. Abhijeet, I observed from whatever Asha-Sudhakar cases I had seen, always trusted Daya. Hence he was very angry in the case of The Dishonest Officer, where he was rather angry with himself and felt confused about Daya and blurted out he wont work with him. After that Daya always involved Abhi in his own plans. Both were very independent of each other and carried out their own plans till this point. Then the duo even grew closer. In the Injured Witness case Daya became indebted towards Abhi for rescuing his hostage-family. The two came closer, despite the senior-junior position.
         Abhijeet and Daya were really lucky they met each other. (Am not talking about the actors but the characters.) Each was a loner without the other. I felt for Daya in pre-Abhi epis. After Abhi's entry, I wud say, Daya's fortunes increased- He got more importance, specially from Abhi himself. Abhi was lucky Daya witnessed his kidnapping. He got a powerful and strong friend.
                Abhijeet- He is a smart detective. A very sharp shooter and an alert officer, he is a master wen it comes to undercover expeditions. In the initial episodes he was a troubled, angry man. He was confused about his identity loss, became more angry and determined to be an efficient officer after his memory loss. He was accepted by the team as Acp's immediate junior. He gradually accepted CID as his family, his new life. And his relations with his savior slowly grew into a deep bond.
                 Daya- He is a strong and powerful detective. Very sharp at handling all kinds of criminals. He is protective of his team and cud move a mountain to keep his colleagues safe.He was a lonely guy before Abhi came into his life that very night. He slowly became an integral member of the team after Abhi's entry, and together with Asha, accepted Abhi as not only as a senior but also a new friend.
              Abhijeet and Daya became so close they knew each others' weaknesses and strenghths, each others attitudes and mentality, each others' feelings.
              Daya had seen Abhi as a victim first and hence became very protective about his friend. Abhi had seen Daya as an emotionally soft person first and hence gave him more confidence and companionship. They became brothers-in-arms and partners in crime, I mean, ooops, partners in detection and action.
                   Well guys I am repeating again and again the same thing... I have run out of ponts!! I will come back with more! Meanwhile, Do Give ure comments and viewpoints or nostalgia! Lol.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayapapayanladdooblahblahsjeet.princess.sunnyp1414prettywomen22mallikaBaluSaadritapinky118.YaJuShI.Jyotimenabmtdluverawesumsonia_Bidzie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "An Analysis--Abhijeet-Daya friendship down d 13yrs" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 1:21am | IP Logged

Daya and Abhijeet didn't  meet for the first time in the  bar. Listen to what they talked....

Abhijeet says : Maine tunhe yahan aane se mana kiya tha na....
Daya : Sir main aapko akele kaise aane deta?

They were in that sidey bar to catch criminals...they were smoking and drinking to look like drunkards there....they cannot be looking like our smart CID officers, can they?

And one more thing which I felt. Daya was there at the scene when Abhijeet was kidnapped. Somewhere deep inside, Daya might have felt guilty about it. He mentioned in the 'Stolen Dynamte'. 'Sir main woh din kabhi nahi bhool sakta'.

Dayanand Shetty's role in CID increased after Aditya Srivastav joined...I am not talking about the characters here. I observed that Daya became an indispensable part only after Abhijeet joined. I have seen older episodes...and Daya was sometimes there sometimes not....he was never one of the 'pillars' that he is now.

And yeah....'The Injured Witness' episode did change a few things....from just a 'senior-juinior' relation to being friends.

I pray pray with all my heart....why doesn't Sony show everything in sequence? We can see and observe for ourselves the gradual progression.

Edited by visrom - 24 April 2010 at 1:34am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

MayapapayanladdoosuveenasterDemonStarsneh.sunnyp1414teju_gmallikaBalupinky118Shagnikasuhaani.cidmjhtAditi_97Rashida15.YaJuShI.bmtdluverAmbrosiadebayon

Shagnika

IF-Rockerz

Shagnika

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Daya and Abhijeet didn't  meet for the first time in the  bar. Listen to what they talked....

Abhijeet says : Maine tunhe yahan aane se mana kiya tha na....
Daya : Sir main aapko akele kaise aane deta?

They were in that sidey bar to catch criminals...they were smoking and drinking to look like drunkards there....they cannot be looking like our smart CID officers, can they?

And one more thing which I felt. Daya was there at the scene when Abhijeet was kidnapped. Somewhere deep inside, Daya might have felt guilty about it. He mentioned in the 'Stolen Dynamte'. 'Sir main woh din kabhi nahi bhool sakta'.

Dayanand Shetty's role in CID increased after Aditya Srivastav joined...I am not talking about the characters here. I observed that Daya became an indispensable part only after Abhijeet joined. I have seen older episodes...and Daya was sometimes there sometimes not....he was never one of the 'pillars' that he is now.

And yeah....'The Injured Witness' episode did change a few things....from just a 'senior-juinior' relation to being friends.

I pray pray with all my heart....why doesn't Sony show everything in sequence? We can see and observe for ourselves the gradual progression.
..yeah even i had seen that Stolen dynamite episode and basically Abhijeet's informer had told him that some criminals might be present at the bar and he should go there alone...he did so but there he found Daya...who was a junior then but was quite concerned about Abhijeet.

And i agree that it was after Abhijeet's entry hat CID became complete..i mean before that there was always some sort of irregularity...not all officers were present for every case..other than ACP who was an integral part then( and still is)...But after Abhijeet came, they all worked as a team and Daya also gained importance..and look at them now!!! They are the pillars of CID now!!! Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suhaani.cidmjhtAditi_97

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Hmmm, initially they had a senior officer-junior officer relationship, as Visrom said. When Abhijit got in trouble, as in The Case Of The Accused Officer, Daya did not defend him or anything. In fact, when they went to Abhijt's house to gather evidence, Daya took out the ransom money without a hint of hesitation. But as the days went by and by 2000-2001, they were more like brothers, partners in crime solving, especially at the time when ACP went blind. Then in about 2003, there were a few episodes where ACP wasn't there for some reason: The Case Of The Invisible Murderer, The Case of The Nightmare. That time, we saw them discussing the motives etc...among themselves. In fact, I felt Asha must've felt a bit left out. Anyways, finally, we come to this time period, where they are more than just colleagues, they are like one, they would do anything to save each other's lives.

Edited by debayon - 24 April 2010 at 6:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mallikaBalu

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
i dont know what to say about daya and abhi...............they look like the poor humanbeings who cannot adjust to the cruel world...............they are two of a kind, they share their sadness..........search for light in the darkness togather...........they have the same dreams about the new sunrise.......... they can understand their mindsets eachother, everything is like that...............it was weary when daya calls him sir

i can remember some moments
Sleepyin one episode when abhijit was shaving daya (under cover in a barbershoppe) daya says him to exchange the place and abhijit says you never look like a barber

Sleepyits touchin when daya says poorvi about abhijit

Sleepyand the ' case of talking parrot' when everyone believes ahhi is dead,,daya questions the murderer

rozeishere

rozeishere

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
wonderful friendship of the two of t
hem how nice it would be to have such a friend in real life ...but their situation is such that they have to depend and trust one and another for their life...
it is very difficult for people to trust others but for officers, their life depends on the other person and in manby episodes Daya and Abhi are partners... hence the bonding is very close.. they probably know what the other is thinking

jeet.

Goldie

jeet.

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:53am | IP Logged
i luve dat epi too!!!
bt abhi ws smoking!! LOL

rozeishere

rozeishere

Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:07am | IP Logged
one question i wanted to ask was whether the cid team actually dealt with the dead bodies.... i mean are those real dead bodies or actors pretending to be dead

Post Reply New Post

Go to top