Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is deepika only popular because... - Page 7

Salz. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
 i still fail to see the big hoooplaa about her..
she really needs to work on her expressions, she is as stiff as a robot..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Terenaina

There are some kapoors that don't gain popularityπŸ˜†

And you have someone particular in mind? πŸ˜†

Those who are worried about a fight...it's ok I am not here to give a comment on Deepika or her career...I thought someone mentioned Sonam...am I wrong? If I am I apologize. Enjoy the discussion!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
preity*zinta thumbnail
Oh wow! So WE CAN carry off a discussion without someone losing their cool :) Nice.

Personally I don't find Deepika a GREAT actor. Except for Love Aaj Kal I haven't been overly excited by any of her choice in scripts but let's see how things work out for her :)
-Aladin- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ~angelz16~

So the Khans and others luck media wasnt wasnt that active at that time? Lol. And def. not like today....media today thrives on untrue stories, 1 hour of utter nonsense stories and all that kind of stuff. So, in that sense, newcomers today face alot of unnecessary BS.  But anyways, I wont even say Khans have been lucky....cuz media then spared them, present media doesnt spare them and not anyone else also πŸ˜†

It certainly was, but not like nowadays.  How many pictures did you get and there wasn't even an internet.  Publicity was not done in the same way as now, so any comparison with the KHANS is not really logical.  The times have changed.  They never had the same publicity that the stars get now.  They had to let their work speak for themselves.  Aamir had to go put up his own posters for QSQT, imagine that, LOL.  So yeah, can't compare them.

Even negative publicity helps.  Many people became fan starting from 'defending' these stars. Have to look at both positive and negative points.  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

And like you said, blame it on whoever. Whoever can be the media and news channels I believe. Who else talks about her like that? And if they like to keep Deepika in the news then well their choice. Their pick. Its not like Deepika told them to or her fans told them to.

I did not say anything different, did I??   PR, anyone.  It all worked out well for her, didn't it.  That's my point!  Media did play a huge role in her popularity, because her work certainly didn't.  πŸ˜›  Still, she kept gaining popularity. 

Omitted the other part.  I don't know why people get all touchy about favourites.  So let's skip it.  I already gave my reasons, so there is really no need to carry that particular discussion forward.  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

See, I believe only Deepika fans know why they became a fan of her. Some may have become cause of OSO, some cuz of her other films or whatever other reasons. If you ask me or my fellow D-fans here, I remember stating how I didnt like Deepika(reasons known to them :P) but then gradually after awhile, I liked her and then she just became one of my most fav. But it was def. no thanks to OSO. So, in that sense, I am saying, only D fans know y they like D. I for one cant say she has a huge fan base for that. But I can def. say that I love it that she has a huge fan base. Anyone wud if its ur fav. celeb has a huge fan base. (Pointing out, the "ur" is a general ur. Lol)

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  I got that part.  Of course, everyone has different reasons, but fact is that OSO did increase her popularity.  It is a fact. 

-- I know. The poor thing. Was being kept a secret and all but if anything, the secret did was not help her

That's luck, angelz ji.

Gemsta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't think its fair to compare other actresses who have made their debut with SRK to Deepika. This is because, firstly Deepika was alreadly in the limelight before OSO released, she was a known face as a model and music video's. In addition to that hadn't she already worked in a film down south?

Making a debut with SRK definitely gave her a boost in bollywood, and i think the main reason for her popularity is down to her glamour and PR machine. In my opiniion those are the two factors why people part with cash to watch her films...she's more known for that then her acting abilities.

No doubt she work's hard, but she certainly know's how to play the game and stay in the limelight. More of a celeb than an actress...her and Katrina are like two peas in a pod.
-Aladin- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gemsta

I don't think its fair to compare other actresses who have made their debut with SRK to Deepika. This is because, firstly Deepika was alreadly in the limelight before OSO released, she was a known face as a model and music video's. In addition to that hadn't she already worked in a film down south?

Making a debut with SRK definitely gave her a boost in bollywood, and i think the main reason for her popularity is down to her glamour and PR machine. In my opiniion those are the two factors why people part with cash to watch her films...she's more known for that then her acting abilities.

No doubt she work's hard, but she certainly know's how to play the game and stay in the limelight. More of a celeb than an actress...her and Katrina are like two peas in a pod.

Welcome to Bolly forum!  I hope you have fun here.  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Couldn't agree with you more. 
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well other debute that srk did movies with was also a model. Anuskha and Deepika know each other really well because they worked together in the past
-Aladin- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ~angelz16~

Haaw :O I wanted to write that πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  Hey, I wrote it first though, so credit is still mine.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Hello? Did I get touchy? Merely writing my opinion is not getting touchy. Like you gave your reasons, I hve given mine. Where did I get touchy? Please lets not put up things which can hurt others. Like Swati said, we can have a cool discussion so lets keep it that way. Although I think sab kuch discuss hogaya hai.

Alteast from my side 😊

Chill out baba.  If I keep on discussing that particular subject, others are also reading the posts.  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  So best to avoid it.  😊

I think Swati ji's comment was more towards me.  😳😳😳😳

Gemsta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Terenaina

Well other debute that srk did movies with was also a model. Anuskha and Deepika know each other really well because they worked together in the past

Im guessing your post was in response to mine....But no i don't think its fair to compare Anuskha to Deepika, just because they both were models. I don't remember Anushka being in any previous films, music video's or even having a famous parent. Anuskha's PR don't seem to push her into the limelight as much either, but of course this could change now, like someone said before...she was finishing her education, and now that she is working full time, more time for her to concentrate on her film career.