Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mariel

Lolz thats weried..cuz i guss only islam doesn't allow things...cuz i know a family they are hindu and she got married to a muslim guy and she did the wedding in muslim way

i know there are alot of muslim actors but never a muslim serial..lolz
hey there were very few muslim serials ...have u heard the name "heena" ...and also "jannat" .....Heena serial revolved around the factor of "halala" in islam ...and jannat i dint watch much so i dont knw wat was tat serail all abt

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "no offense (Page 3)" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_SuMmEr_LoVe_

IF-Dazzler

_SuMmEr_LoVe_

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
you have a point...
i've never witnessed a sikh or muslim wedding on indian telly ever.
hmmm... when geet marries maan i hope its a sikh wedding..something different and new.

beintehaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

beintehaa.

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Hm yeah if from Punjab which obvisouly she is then her wedding shouldve been a Sikh wedding.
I dont know how either of them works but yeah doesnt make sense =S

_SuMmEr_LoVe_

IF-Dazzler

_SuMmEr_LoVe_

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
could they have had an indian wedding coz they didnt have much time to prepare for the sikh wedding ?

hmmmm... but ... just one question... is the hindu wedding longer or the sikh wedding...

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _SuMmEr_LoVe_

could they have had an indian wedding coz they didnt have much time to prepare for the sikh wedding ?

hmmmm... but ... just one question... is the hindu wedding longer or the sikh wedding...

yeah this could have been one possibility .....

-bhootni-

IF-Sizzlerz

-bhootni-

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
that's what I was wondering too...they are not hindus...well who knows maybe they are...

b.sandhu

b.sandhu

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
That's something I've never understood lol, bloopers galore
and I believe the hindu marriage has 7 rounds where as the Sikh wedding has 4 rounds. All the Sikh weddings I've been to usually take 1-1.5 hrs; that's the actual wedding ceremony.

You can shoot in an gurdwara but you have to get permission and follow certain guidelines. I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

cheers:)

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 26 April 2010 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
I asked my mom about this, and she confirmed for me that weddings are not allowed to be shot in a gurdwara. This is why, even in Punjabi movies they can show the bride and groom sitting, and taking blessings but never doing the rounds (lavan).
I have a detailed reasoning for this, but I doubt anyone wants to hear it haha

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.