Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

That is a thing I've noticed in Indian TV serials - why show the Gurudwara and Sikh angle when it's pure Hindu weddings that are shown?

Although culture mixes exist in real life.  I.e. My Indian friend who's a muslim wears a mangalsutra after marriage.  Whilst that doesn't exist in my culture though we're both of the same religion.Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Suneshine-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "no offense (Page 2)" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Suneshine-

IF-Rockerz

-Suneshine-

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tomiko

That is a thing I've noticed in Indian TV serials - why show the Gurudwara and Sikh angle when it's pure Hindu weddings that are shown?

Although culture mixes exist in real life.  I.e. My Indian friend who's a muslim wears a mangalsutra after marriage.  Whilst that doesn't exist in my culture though we're both of the same religion.Ermm
Same here..I'm muslim but i can't wear a mangalsutra even though if i marry a indian guy..my religion doesn't allow me

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

^That's exactly what I thought.  But when I asked they replied that for them it wasn't a religion thing but a sign that the woman was married ... sort of like an engagement ring.  But they don't do the Sindoor.

Maybe it's like that for Hindu Punjabis?

They go to Gurudwara but marry with the Hindu ceremony?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Suneshine-

-Suneshine-

IF-Rockerz

-Suneshine-

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tomiko

^That's exactly what I thought.  But when I asked they replied that for them it wasn't a religion thing but a sign that the woman was married ... sort of like an engagement ring.  But they don't do the Sindoor.

Maybe it's like that for Hindu Punjabis?

They go to Gurudwara but marry with the Hindu ceremony?
maybe they don't wear the mangelsutra when the weddng ceremony is..but just later wearing it for respect for eachothers culture

but i realy think they need to show other wedding too..and i want a muslim oneLOL i wish Maan was muslimConfusedLOL

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

Well it was a gifted at the wedding and worn straight after.Ermm

Lol, we don't really get Muslim weddings in Indian serials though you do get the odd Muslim character.

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
i dont have much knowledge on punjabhis welll iam knwing little by little in this topic thanks guys

-Suneshine-

IF-Rockerz

-Suneshine-

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Lolz thats weried..cuz i guss only islam doesn't allow things...cuz i know a family they are hindu and she got married to a muslim guy and she did the wedding in muslim way

i know there are alot of muslim actors but never a muslim serial..lolz

sweetsugar

IF-Dazzler

sweetsugar

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
oh lol may b the creatives forgot tat  they have shown the family to b sikh familyROFL
Nice topic hun ...this factor nevr came in my mind until i saw ur topic

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.