Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

hundal

hundal

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:38am | IP Logged
This Geet show is really not portraying reality in the sense that. Geet is supposed to come from a Sardar background correct? She comes from a sikh family? and Dev they have family land correct? so obviously he's supposed to be jatt right? because most land owners in punjab are Jatt, it's like family business and livelihood from years... so why are they showing Geet and Dev's wedding as a Hindu wedding ceremony? I never understand this. Why can't Indian television embrace the sikh way of marriage if they're going to portray a Sikh family....? i don't get it and it's really infuriating to be honest. my opinion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-bhootni-Sofna

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "no offense" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
I was going to make a post on this too.... I thought they were sikh, so why not a traditional sikh wedding?

An honest question, are they not allowed to film a wedding in a gurdwara (becuase I heard somewhere that its not allowed)

-Lana

IF-Stunnerz

-Lana

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
i have never seen a sikh wedding so don't know if this was in a sikh way or hindu
but ya if geet is from punjab then she is sikh..mhhm

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Heres a random video of a Sikh wedding:

Edited by armaans.basket - 23 April 2010 at 12:15pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sofna-Lana

-Lana

IF-Stunnerz

-Lana

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
weried..but maybe cuz dev is hindu they are doing the marriage in hindu style

scinerd

Goldie

scinerd

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
firstly, I just want to say that just beacuse you are from punjab and own land, doesnt mean your sikh, I'm from punjab and my family can be traced for generations, but i'm hindu. hindu-punjabi. still 100% punjabi. but i agree this geet thing confused me, they are shown to be sikh and why was there a hindu wedding. it was a hindu punjabi wedding, hence the klera and waht not. but still it was werid. i was so confused, and even in there house i dont see babaji pictures. 

geets madien name is handa, a hindu punjabi name so maybe. but dev family seems to be sikh but why didnt he grow a beard for the wedding? 4 days is enough for indian men.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhara_s

Dhara_s

IF-Dazzler

Dhara_s

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Yes Handa is a Hindu surname...!!!! And If they were shown to be Sikhs then its not possible w/o turbans....!!!

-Suneshine-

IF-Rockerz

-Suneshine-

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Lolz funny that they are just trying to make the viewrs to like the show whatever they are showing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_SuMmEr_LoVe_

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.