Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Dew-drop

IF-Veteran Member

Dew-drop

Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Gurmeet Chaudhary Unplugged
STARONE.IN

Gurmeet Chaudhary, who shot to fame as Ram on Imagine's Ramayan  was last seen juggling roles of a boyfriend and father in a reality show with Debina Banerjee in Pati Patni Aur Woh. He is back as a mystery man in STAR One's Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee. He will be playing the protagonist, Geet's savior. We spoke to Gurmeet Choudhary about the role and more...

STARONE.IN

Tell us something about the show and the role you play?

"Geet is about a bubbly and lively girl Geet, who gets married to an NRI only to be abandoned later. She then stands to fight for herself and goes against her family because she believes that whatever she is doing, is right. I play Mann , who is very mysterious and a loner. He is hardly bothered about anything else and prefers to keep to himself. He is always present around Geet in her hour of need. I would not like to talk much about my character because I am the mystery man in the show."

What is the USP of the show?

Quite clearly the character of Geet. Her struggle for her rights will surely be liked by every woman in our country.

What kind of response are you getting from the show?

It's been fantastic! When my promos were on air, I started getting calls from my friends and my well wishers who loved my rough look. I am happy that the girls are loving Maan's personality. My entry happened yesterday and after the show I got so many SMS's which I can't believe.

Who is the inspiration behind this mysterious character Maan?

I don't have any because I believe in acting and not imitating others. As an actor, I want to explore myself by doing experiments and I am enjoying this character which I think, is a challenge for me.

How is your rapport with co-actors of the show?

I haven't shot much since I have shot with Drashti Dhami and it was overall a good experience but I want to mention that I am fortunate enough to work with talented people like Gul, the producer and Nissar, the director of the show, who have carved this character so well.

Did Debina watch your entry?

Yes, she was more excited than me and she really liked my entry but at same time she pointed out certain things on which I want to improve now, as she is my biggest critic.

Do people still refer to you as Ram?

I was lucky that audiences loved me as Ram. During that time, people did start calling me Ram but it was also a great chance that I got to play myself in Pati, Patni aur Woh soon after Ramayana and from that show onwards, my fans started calling me Guru which is the name given to me by Debina.

What's your usual diet?

No rice! I start my day with a vegetarian cocktail made of any three vegetables randomly. Then I go for a slice of bread and two boiled eggs. Then I have milk with cornflakes. Through the day I eat boiled vegetables at two hour intervals. I accompany this with fruits. Sometimes, I just munch on a few biscuits, like if I get hungry when I'm driving, then biscuits are convenient food.

Geet Hui Sabse Parayee airs from Monday to Friday at 9:30 PM on STAR One.

StarOne news
Dhanashree Kulkarni/ Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Thursday, April 22, 2010

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

jajalkrupajsvijaya77biryaniMissArshi-maybe-justSunShine_A-Lana_dkmystery_..RamKiJanaki..-GoogleWithMe-.FlawlessSarun.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tete -e-Tete :: Gurmeet Chaudhary Unplugged" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged
thanks dear

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FlawlessSarun.

.FlawlessSarun.

IF-Addictz

.FlawlessSarun.

Posted: 22 April 2010 at 10:35am | IP Logged

_dkmystery_