India-Forums

Other Shows
Other Shows

A twist in the tale

mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 12:23am | IP Logged

Your success has been unexpected and unprecedented...
(Smiles) Yeah, destiny has really been kind to me. I started out as a model three years ago. One day, out-of-the-blue, I got a call from Balaji. I gave a screen-test and was selected as one of the leads for the serial Kabhie Soutan Kabhie Saheli. I was there in 250 episodes and on the strength of that performance I was offered some South films. My success there convinced my mentors to cast me as one of the heroines of Kuchh To Hai.

Obviously, you must have enjoyed shooting for your first-ever Hindi film...
(Interrupts) Tremendously. Down South, I didn't know the language. I had no idea whether my expressions tallied with the dialogue. I had to rely completely on the director. That wasn't a problem during KTH. Also, since I was Balaji's protege the film felt like my own home production. Ekta was most helpful. How different was it working in Bollywood from working down South?
Well, people here are as dedicated and sincere in their approach to work as there are down South. The only difference is that a 7 a.m. shoot down South would be late by a maximum of 20 minutes while here it all depends on the whim of the star. Then, they are better organised. Everything is planned in detail and they work according to a set, time-bound script. Here, the opposite is true. However, when shooting for KTH Ekta was professionalism personified and thanks to her, others kept their lackadaisical attitude in check. Launching your career with a thriller is quite a gamble.
It would have been a risk if it wasn't a Balaji product. I consider it an honour to be debuting under their banner. Today, the audience craves for a good story more than anything else. If I have a well-defined role that fits a definitive framework, then that's good enough for me. KTH is bound to give me more recognition than a normal love story. What about Yeh Dil, is it a normal love story or does it deviate from the norm?
In Yeh Dil I'm again working with Tusshar. It is a straightforward tale of passion, but the look is different. The boy and girl are very middle-class. You won't suddenly find them singing a duet on the Swiss Alps. The common man will definitely empathise with them.
Having worked in the original South film, Yeh Dil must have been a cakewalk for you?
No, actually it was quite difficult. You live with a character for three months and then forget about it. It is difficult to recall the same expressions after a year. Then the set up, the actors and even the language was different. Thankfully, director Teja had handled the original so well that it smoothened the process for me. Will you go back to working in South films?
If a good proposition comes along, why not? What about television?
One thing I'm assured of is that Balaji will always be there for me. If I'm not successful in films I can always work in their serials.

What prompted you to change your name from Anita to Natassha?
In the serial as well as down South I worked as Anita. Then a numerologist advised me that I'd be more successful if I adopted the name Natassha.

Edited by mere_pyaar - 04 February 2005 at 12:24am

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Thx for sharing! the pic doesn't look like natasha Confused

mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 11:50am | IP Logged
itz natassha  she looks different in it maybe itz her old pic
  • Page 1 of 1