Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

The Women in Tumhari Disha!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged

The Women In TD

Hmmm, not really interested in writing about them, but well I will because it is kind of a continuation of my earlier post on the Men in TD! So here goes nothing!

Disha – My, My, My……as Vedant would so succulently put it across! Beautiful without doubt, smart like hell, courageous to the core, loving and caring as only a woman can be. Disha, the embodiment of the Ideal, Modern, Indian Woman, who has dreams in her eyes but responsibilities on her shoulder. Sacrificed the last bit of her self-respect for the family which was never her own, but is equally capable of leading her own husband to get slaughtered for what she feels is justified. Is quite a paradox in her own right, can love with gay abandon and hate with pure venom. Can whisper as a quiet wind or blow wildly like a banshee! Is forever in a dilemma between duty and desire and inadvertently always chooses to fulfill her duty as opposed to her desires. Can be logical, reasonable and rational when it comes to the people whom she trusts or be as stubborn as a mule when it comes to trusting the person whom she hates. Vulnerable yet strong, Nave yet clever, Loving yet Indifferent, Steadfastedly Loyal yet gratingly hell bent on destroying the one man who loves her to death….. Disha proves why she is so maddeningly attractive to DK and all others who come in her contact! What will become of her in the future? Will she be willing to trust DK and will she ever fall in love with him? Only time will tell!

Suhasini – According to me the most beautiful looking woman in the show (atleast for her age)! Difficult to empathize with in spite of her going through such a tough time. Is a tough nut alright, and is not willing to bend in front of the combined might of Sukanya and Anil. Is self-respecting, strong willed, individualistic, extremely protective about her sibling/s, loyal and full of Maternal love. Now that Disha is back in her good-books, wants to see her happily settled with her husband and probably does not hold a grudge against DK anymore. I see her playing a shadow role as the moral support for Disha when she goes through a Divorce with DK (which is again not known for sure!) Also, if there is a rift b/w Ranu and Disha, whom will she side with now???

Ranu – Oh Lord…..where do I began and end on this one! Its tough to describe girls who have Bunnies as their best friend and confidante! Though she has a lot of screen time, her role is pretty sidelined and she does not play a major part in the proceedings of the story. Has the dress sense of a Circus Clown with colors that jar terribly, her dialogue delivery matches that of a kindergarten kid reciting alphabets for the first time and her screen-chemistry with Indy reminds me of a 7 day old open can of Coke which has just gone FLAT! Ok, too much of bitching done, but frankly Ranu is a very sweet character, a girl who is touchingly simple, without any false pretenses, is innocent to the point of being irritatingly childish, shares the virtue of loyalty with her Mother and sister, loves Indy baby to the extreme (dunno why ?) and all in all is trouble-free, low maintenance person whom everyone needs in their lives to throw a bit of sunshine and happiness which she does with amazing ease! (She has stopped having the one2one chats with her Bunny, Thank God!)

Sanya – Am quite a fan of her these days with Sanya proving her loyalty to DK by risking her life! She was a tart to began with, no doubt about that but with time has improved vastly. Is hopelessly in love with DK (Can we blame her for that?) and can't bear to see him in any sort of trouble or pain. Is intensely jealous of Disha because she was the first one to see DK's growing fascination for his lovely wife. The only reason why she joined hands with Taj and Gargi was to separate Disha and DK and it was never her intention to harm DK in any which way. Has a horrible dress sense and eyes which look like Saucers! Is overdone most of the time and is completely outclassed in the looks and acting department when compared against Disha and DK! But she is a positive character whom I suspect will just melt in the background once she realizes that DK and Disha are just meant to be together (I have a feeling she might just hook up with Taj or maybe Inder if he wants to have an extra-marital fling!)

Sukanya – BITCH……………NEED I SAY MORE? I just wish she would stop twitching her eyebrows and rolling her Matar like eyes a little bit, so she should be slightly tolerable. The only good thing this woman has done is give birth to Gautam!

Gargi – Hmmm, complex character. Negative no doubt about it, but judging by the fact that her husband left her to be with another woman, her attitude towards Sumitra & DK though not justified is understandable (at least till we know the complete story next week) Hates DK from the core of her heart, is hell bent on destroying him and is capable of using her sexuality to get her work done. Manipulative, shrewd, cunning, ruthless and ambitious, she can use anyone and everyone to get what she wants. But even after her best efforts, ironically it is because of Disha that she is not able to beat DK, inspite of the fact that Gargi uses Disha's animosity against her husband to the best use, but because of Disha's innate goodness, she is not able to succeed the way she wants to. Will meet her waterloo very soon, when Fazu gives in to the Police or if Taj does some clever to put her in trouble. What is to be seen is, if Disha believes in DK then how will Gargi become the catalyst for the impending divorce b/w Mrs. and Mr. Sehgal???

Sumitra- Little known about the lady till now. Is obviously the typical Indian woman and Mother who sacrificed her whole life for her son's welfare. At present is admitted in a sanatorium and was well on the path of progress when Gargi struck. More of her will be reveled in the coming episodes and she might have a strong role to play in the future episodes. Either she will unwittingly become the cause of rift b/w Disha & DK if something happens to her or she might be the person who if  saved & restored back to her senses will get Daughter-in-law and Sonny back again!

Disha's long lost sister – My wild guess is that she is going to be the romantic interest for Vedant and will probably hate Disha because of her proximity to Vedant. Can't comment on this much as of now!

All said and done, the Men in TD are far more interesting and multi-dimensional than the Woman! Only Disha matches upto the might of DK and others!

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Again who matched the ladies description as well as you did with the men. Disha was well described, you know I was thinking the same thought about Vedant's love interest and Di's lost sis, They will become Jethani and Devrani after some twists and turns. I am sure lot's will come before Di's heart melts as the day it happens , the serial will likely come to an end. Disha no matter how humble you are about your writing skills , that it's only in updates, I dont bye it , you are one of the most tlaented writers, your flow of words is effortless, may be the TD team should hire you as there script writer for starter'.
sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Disha i have never seen such great writings by a person. Keep it up. You are simply great. No words to express it.
shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 04 February 2005 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Disha, ur too good of a writer Clap
perfect descriptions!
keep it up!

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 6:39am | IP Logged
the acting of these women is nothing in front of dk's