Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Thanx a ton guys!๐Ÿค—
m on the 9th cloud ryt now! glad my attempts at writing are appreciated, truly means a lot guys!
luv u all for tht!
i dun have much tie...so ant reply individually, sorry abt tht.

so enuf of me...now i will post the OS
"NUMBNESS" that's all i could feel.

Sitting at the park bench with samrat, i stared at the trees, at the flowers. I sighed as i stared at the dullness of the park. There were no kids playing here, no laughter, no joy like other parks afterall i was at the center.All around there were people just like me staring at the sky, some at the grass and some just staring offspace, but of all these people i knew what they were thinking. They, just like me, wished to feel the fresh breeze, the cold wet grass as one walks barefoot, but they couldnt all they could feel was numbness.
I sighed as i looked at samrat my fiance. He smiled at me, and moved his hand to cover mine, with pain i missed the feeling of his touch, his warm hands . He moved his hands to my cheek, i noticed to wipe my tears as my vision blurred. I looked away. I couldnt even feel my tears.It had been a year back when one fine morning i could feel complete numbeness on the right side of my face. At first i thought it was because of sleeping at the wrong position. I rubbed my right cheek but i couldnt feel my fingers, later as i washed my face, even then i couldnt feel the water on the right side of my face.
On seeing a doctor he told me the same assumption i had pretty much made myself. the doctor sent me back home with pain killers and sleeping pills. Soon i could feel my face again and I relaxed and lived life back to normal, what i didnt know was that the same would return in even worse conditions. 3 days back i had a major relapse when i could not feel my body at all. I was numb all over. I had then undergone an MRI test at a private hospital, it had cost loads but it was all worth it. The tests indicated that i am suffering from MS- Multiple Sclerosis a disease that hits the nervous system. Now i am undergoing a medication. The medication doesnt alleviate the symptoms but lessens the damage in the long run. I was bed ridden the first 2 days today samrat had offered to get me here for a change.
I stared at my wheelchair. Will samrat like to have me as a wife after this?
"Gunjan" i looked at him as he said my name. "dont cry, you will be fine"his voice was strangled, it sounded as if he was trying to calm himself. I couldnt speak properly but yet i managed to say "i cant feel".
He sighed as he stood up, he then offered his hand and helped me on the wheel chair as he took me for a round at the park. He stopped under the shade of a tree and sank on his knees as he held my hand.
"Am here for you, if you cant feel, then feel through me" his eyes tinkled.
Samrat bent down as he plucked the grass and held it in front of my eyes.
"This grass is as soft as you, this shade of the tree is as pleasant as you, this cold breeze is as beautiful as your touch, and this samrat is gonna wait for u..even if its forever"
I smiled as my vision blurred, i was crying i realised.
I managed a "love you" to which he hugged me with a love you too, sadly i couldnt return the hug.
Only few days and then i'll be able to feel him, feel the nature, feel my surroundings, the medication will benefit me soon.

2 months later
I smiled as i walked in the garden with samrat. I looked around to find kids playing, laughing and enjoying the heat of the sun just like me. I sighed as i grieved about my disease, but then i felt samrat's hand slid into mine as he squeezed mine assuringly. I looked at him and returned his smile.
Samrat's POV
I noticed Gunjan sigh and remembered the doctor's words.
There are many symptoms which may arise, our motive is to help her pass all those emotions.
For the past few weeks i had noticed gunjan grieve at her disease and small small things..
At times she may feel down for a moment it may extend to depression as well. Also try to avoid the stress factor for her, it will only affect her health further, make sure she recieves proper company of her family and loved ones, that will lessen her emotional burden and make her happy.
"So chashmish" i smiled wanting to lighten the mood as we sat at the park bench.
"yeah?" she asked.
"We are going to get maried in a few months time" I grinned as i noticed gunjan blushing.
The doc's words returned.
Dont worry! despite having MS she can live a happy life. Just a few measures like excercise, a morning jog. I wont say take her for stress management classes, its funny that nowadays stress needs to be managed when we should rather aim to eliminate it.
sure doctor..

"What do you think about kids?" I asked looking at the children playing by the rides.
"Kids?" she questioned as her smile disappeared, there was a hope in her tone but yet a sadness in an instant i realised her troubles as i recalled the doctor's words.
Dont worry about having a family, people with MS can be loving, successful parents of healthy happy children
"yeah kids, why? dont you like them?"
"no its not that..my disease.." Gunjan said hesitant.
"nothing like that, your doc says we can have a blooming family with healthy kids" i winked at her.
I felt great as gunjan's face broke into a beautiful smile, but then she looked away as her face turned scarlet red. she was blushing.
I rested my thumb on her cheek as i fixed my gaze at her, she met my eyes so shyly as i shifed closer to her and planted a soft kiss on her cheek, i lifted my eyes to see her, she had her eyes closed a sweet smile playing on her lips as i closed in to cover the little distance not only physically but also emotionally between us but just then a voice interrupted us.
"eww he's gonna kiss her! tht too on the lips!" I looked u to find a boy around the age of 9 staring at us his face crumpled. The little girl next to him giggled "soo romantic" i guessed her to be of the same age as tht of the boy. "yuck" the boy made a face and left running away covering his eyes with his tiny fingers, while the girl stood there giggling she abruptly stopped as she saw me looking at her and ran away.

SO guys this is the oneshot...Its more informative i believe..but its always good to spread awareness....i think so.๐Ÿ˜›
nyways do comment...was it good?
Positive criticism is always welcomed!:D

I was confused abt the ending chose the cute one, over a kiss. Also i dunno i may try a hand at a second part...but actually i dunno abt the rituals n procedures at all๐Ÿ˜› nyways if u guys wud like one will think abt it surelY, Google always heps me out:D:D
Edited by VampirePrincess - 14 years ago
x..Anki..x thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome zeeru......
mindblasting...lovd it
thnxx for pm...
sweetsonal156 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awsomeeeeeeeee...
Mindblowingggg....
Very nicely written...
Loved the whole OS...
Well i cant say continue, as its an os
But i will say thnxxx, 4 the pm ;)
love..
Sonal..
bhavana92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
beautiful OS buddy! loved it! do continue if possible....
Aaru77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

hey awesome one shot,

love and faith can do what medications cant do.. who else could have justified it more than our sajan...
hey am happy you wrote this one shot..keep writing ..
MagicLantern thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
beautiful story. you're a very sensitive writer zeejay & i love the way you dealt this subject . thanks for sharing it with us
-Jyotika- thumbnail
it ws awesomeeeee...
mindblowingggg..
luved it to d core...
thnxx for d pm
-DarkFantasy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesoomeee concept dear...
i would like to read it..
so do cont.wid it..
n thnx for the pm..!!

-Mehek-

Edited by kasufan4ever - 14 years ago
saduf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
aaawwwwwwwwsome
very well written
just loved it
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
@anki- thnx jaan!:D

@sonal- thnx a lot dear:D:D glad u liked it!

@sana- thnks:)

@bhavana- thnx dear! will try surely:)

@aarthi- thnx a lot..yes u pointed out at i wanted to say soo well! Love can anything..its like magic๐Ÿ˜Š

@ght_sajan- aww dear, thanks...thts very sweet of u...i dunno maybe its coz i get affected by such stuff a lot...nyways..i try to feel and write๐Ÿ˜Š

@gunur_sayank- thnx dear:)

@jyotika- thnx dear:D glad u liked it:D

@mehek- thnx a lot dear:D will try to continue:)

@saduf- thnx for the precious words dear:D

@lovebarbie- thnx:)

m overwhelmed guys, thnx or appreciating my work๐Ÿ˜Š
will see u around with another of my writings...n probably continue this some day....๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by VampirePrincess - 14 years ago