organized religion has done more harm than gud

Posted: 13 years ago
ok so i really really need help
i have a debate in skul and i have to prepare for and against it (both and its really bad)
its a tough topic for a person like me as i dont really read much
and btw hi everyone, i think i am posting here for d 1st or d 2nd time!!! 😊

plz answer keeping india in mind only

i am really looking forward to some gud replies!!
plzz help pretty plz with a cherry on d top
there are several related topics already discussed on DM .topics & links  also given towards the bottom of this page 😊 U cud chk it out.
Originally posted by zorrro

there are several related topics already discussed on DM .topics & links also given towards the bottom of this page 😊 U cud chk it out.

i have kind of checked them
but they are not that helpful thanks anyways
Go through all the pages. I am sure you'll find many interesting things. We've had lots of fun discussing some of those!
Originally posted by dreamer_dreams

i have a debate in skul and i have to prepare for and against it (both and its really bad)

For pros, talk about how religious organizations in India have worked towards social causes in the past. Talk about their current contributions (cash and kind) to hospitals, universities, schools, libraries, orphanages and other public bodies. Highlight specific cases of charity. You should be able to google them. For instance you should be able to gather some information on how a few Christian missionaries are helping out orphaned children in India or how TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) is involved in various social, religious, literary and educational activities within India.

For cons, talk about religious incitement and their consequences. For instance, you could talk about how the Babri Masjid demolition ensued riots that disturbed peace and quiet for years to follow. You could also talk about how it could create factions in a secular country.
Originally posted by Mister.K.

For pros, talk about how religious organizations in India have worked towards social causes in the past. Talk about their current contributions (cash and kind) to hospitals, universities, schools, libraries, orphanages and other public bodies. Highlight specific cases of charity. You should be able to google them. For instance you should be able to gather some information on how a few Christian missionaries are helping out orphaned children in India or how TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) is involved in various social, religious, literary and educational activities within India.

For cons, talk about religious incitement and their consequences. For instance, you could talk about how the Babri Masjid demolition ensued riots that disturbed peace and quiet for years to follow. You could also talk about how it could create factions in a secular country.

yep, if it wasnt religion, I dont think people would complain abt anything else having pros and cons.

Problem with religion arises when it is used as a political tool and also for the promotion of self interest.

Religion if sold as it was originally packaged would not fetch much profits and cash for the organizers. So religion is pedalled and promoted for power, polictics , cash and control.

But we cannot paint all institutions with the same brush as some do genuinely help the poor and open up hospitals, schools and provide other infrastructure and amenities for the poor.

Overall there is more good than harm I must say. All religions should tolerate each other for world peace.

Yes, it done more harm than good,...cos authentic religion is always individual....bt an orgnised religion is same like politics or another form of politics,politics as the lowest activity of human beings, ..they are agents of God😊

Originally posted by dreamer_dreams

Okay, seriously? You want us to do your homework for you?!? Whatever happened to Google Chachu? How about you share your ideas on the pros/cons of religion and we'll elaborate/share our viewpoint?
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Oh yeah, and where were you yesterday when I was doing my physics homework, hmm? 😛