Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*kashevcelestaesupercool3-Miya-BlueSoulpavsANfan1000mysterieuxAngelic_JNymeria-Fatima-nikita_88nadaanmasakalli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marriage Vs. K-Shows Vs. Other shows.." in Dill Mill Gaye forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 6:45am | IP Logged
in a hurry, didn't read the whole post.Embarrassed

In most K shows ekta's female character ends up loving the husband more than the first love, maybe that's why people are afraid and don't want it to be similar.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

celestaeperfectdreamssupercool3BlueSoulpavsmysterieuxprerna4rishavnadaanmasakalli

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 6:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BlueSoul

BlueSoul

IF-Rockerz

BlueSoul

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Hi Guddu Smile

You forgot to add one point. In every K show, the confrontations are normally in a mass gathering. The whole world needs to see the Tamasha.

Riddhima is very much inspired from K-Shows. She has shown this trait most of the times. I would say Riddhima is more of an Ekta element rather than SR track.

Also, DMG was always worse than K-shows in my opinion (except the first 2-3 months). It was a senseless comedy show, in a hospital. (Will get you the examples some other time).

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3pavsprerna4rishav

-Miya-

IF-Dazzler

-Miya-

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 7:17am | IP Logged
I definitely don't blame SR for making this show as it is
Marriage does not = K shows and ur analysis of K shows is absolutely correct
DMG had acquired many of these factors even before the new interns came in such as endless tracks, dragging, misunderstandings and the intimacy before marriage too
What i do blame this track (not SR) is that it introduced negativity, touched limits of endless drama, sadness and above all the romantic element was lost
It would be an insult to Ekta Kapoor to compare her shows with DMG
And it is really really an insult to compare Cinevitaas with soap queen Ekta Kapoor and Balaji
By far, Ekta ji has been a source of inspiration to many television shows, you now see her original scenes used in many many shows and her original discoveries (actors, directors, music artists) succeeding in all different areas of the television industry
K shows usually had that youth element in it be it KZK, KMH, TSPLS, KYPH, KTH and so on- the generations covered up for bringing that youth feel back - her shows faultered either because they lacked creativity or she did too many shows at the same time (i like to believe te first reason)
BUT i don't agree with you when you say bring in negative drama and family based or i should say "a social message" which these hit shows that you've listed contain in them. A show CAN survive with positive characters e.g. Baa Bahu aur Baby, Sarabhai vs. SaraBhai and SGP (new addition) now my first two examples are very good ones, they've run for years with awesome TRPS but J.D.Majethia sir, who is the producer only concentrated on one-two shows at a time and the direction was very well handled. Just early last year and this year JD sir produced more shows Sukh By Chance, Behnein etc. and here's where he and his production house Hats Off faultered.
The bengali version of SGP is an altime hit, there are more shows like SGP produced in their industry. The youthful shows on Sony ent. are an example too. Overseas audiences such as myself really appreciate such awesome content, sad that indian makers don't want to take risks and introduce diversity/variety in television. YRF shows, believe it or not are really appreciated, and i think if makers are ready to take risks and develop a gradual change in their content, then only will youthful shows like DMG, MJHT and Remix be appreciated
Also TRP meters are stuck in the wrong areas. If they bother to add more TRP meters in Mumbai or more modern parts of India then our youth shows will garner more TRPs.Only 700 or so TRP meters are used in Mumbai out of 10000. If there were more, you'd know what the results would look like.  Also Star One isn't available everywhere, there's another factor.
Last but not the least, SR or the use of a Marriage track haven't changed DMG from a youthful show to a Kserial or a saas-bahu serial or watever u wanna call it but the lack of fresh tracks, negativity and rona dhona in the show has took the essence out of the original DMG. The damage was already done before the new interns came in but after they came in, it became worse and worse. There was no light-hearted entertainment and i wouldn't go to bed with a smile on my face like i did before. And when was DMG for teens or really young people anyway? It always had intimate romance and adult content. My mother hesitated to allow me to watch DMG in its initial phases too, she believed shows like DMG had a negative impact on youngsters. She thought it wasn't right content.

Soz for the Typos- ignore them
Okay really sorry for the long post but a fair reply to an AWESOME topic by Guddi
-Miya-

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Su-celestaesupercool3BlueSoulmysterieuxprerna4rishav

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Ummmm what are K-shows? and who is this "kekta"?Stern Smile

BlueSoul

IF-Rockerz

BlueSoul

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged
@i_clueless: I liked your comment, specially coz you appreciated the efforts of Ekta Kapoor.

@All: I'm personally not a big fan of her shows, but I do love some of her shows or rather phases of that shows. She's been already demoralised by many for showing all the crap in her shows. But ppl only see the negetive side of anything. They forgot to thank her for providing entertainment for such a long time with consistency. Also, not to forget even after blaming/cursing her everyone used to watch the show everyday. The TRP's proved that. Even in this forum those who claim that Ekta's show were crap, had watched all those shows otherwise they wont be having so much details about those shows.

2nd, comes the TRP's. Believe it or not. NO student of age group 17-22, will be so much concerned about shows like DMG. Atleast student I know, coz they are all busy in their studies and carriers.

Boys are anyways not interested in any shows forget about mindless DMG. Elder ppl like our Mom Dads will never prefer watching a show like DMG. Anyways, they are busy with their offices and household works at the time DMG comes. And anyways they prefer to watch other sensible shows or rather news than watching DMG. So we are left only with the teeny weeny girls and girls above 24 (for whom the reason to watch any show is the handsome hunk of that show rather than the story or any other element)

Whereas all the ladies and the grandmoms and the granddads, and even teenagers watch K-shows. Starone when New had ULTIMATE shows like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Remix, Siddhant (was nominated for emmy awards), Guns n Roses, Special Squad, Hotel Kingston etc etc.

But none of them brought TRP's. The only 2 shows which brought TRP's for StarOne were Nach Baliye and The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.

So, eventually the channel had to end all those shows and start all the other shows on StarOne too. And this is what Ekta did everytime. She always said that she does not create shows for upper class ppl. She created shows for the masses. And believe it or not even after so much criticism of K-Shows everone still watches all those shows.

And now, there's another league of shows like Balika-Vadu and all the rajasthani shows and shows focussing more on culture and traditions and human rights than just love stories. They all are far more interesting than shows like DMG.

So, DMG is nowhere in the race. It should rather be shut down than getting more negetive feedbacks or some mindless petitions by teeny weeny fans, which carries no weight at all.

This is my POV. Anyone who got offended is not my friend. Tongue

Edited by BlueSoul - 20 April 2010 at 9:17am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

douknocelestaesupercool3prerna4rishav

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BlueSoul

This is my POV. Anyone who got offended is not my friend. Tongue

ROFLROFLROFL

Sorry can't "hold back"!ROFL