Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

'Sony dumped me because of Armaan Sir' (Page 4)

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Rumi, ur example of Karan and Arjun is really apt here.Well said!!

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:25am | IP Logged

I guess Queenbee has summed it up very aptLOL But i agree with Mucha in part where present theory of trp is concerned.....they did not have a futuristic attitude and just wanted to cash into the popularity as long as they could only to realise short term measures never pay.

Rumi,excellent example.

MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 05 February 2005 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

thnx for the info sonynyu

the way I see it is that JJKN lost its viewers because they handled the story wrong......Jassi's doormat attitude was dragged out tooooo long, her principals that were the life of the show were not consistent with her actions.....coupled with these was the fact that the would-be-reformed-rake was showing no signs of reforming.....the story was going in circles

The audience was getting tired of all this....hence when Purab entered, all expectations were put on him.....his exit again muggled up the storyline as the story was being built up to another ending......

I think if the storyline/pace was what it has been for the past few days with the acting as strong, the viewers would have been glued to their screens......

I agree with Ides here. The reforming rake was not reforming and the viewers were only seeing boring day to day affairs of Gulmohar.

The channel's authorities, being huge capitalist jumped into the conclusion that they had to do something more with the character Michael. So, without using their brains the brought Purab for the TRPs, TVRs, TAMs or whatever else.

Purab became popular because he was THE ideal guy, not because Armaan was "bad," come on guys, the man or boy was already a rake who slept with women to save him company. That's cheap enough, couldn't get any cheaper. I am not saying this to attack the Armaan fans, I understand why people like him and that credit goes to the original Armando who was the reformed rake.

On the other hand Purab was an introvert business tycoon with everything and yet he was golden hearted. To top it all, he was handsome as was inforced by Jassi, Billo, Raj, Ms.Ambuja, Bindya, Methli and even Armaan.

Go to top