Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 7:12am | IP Logged

should a person on a social networking site as this disclose ones personal details or not? what is your opinion about this. Many times ppl ask a lot of questions and you do not know how much to disclose . How do you deal with it? Is it possible to be friends in Virtual world without disclosing full details about oneslf Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "to disclose or not" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged
20 views but no replies yet Confused

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Guess nobody wants to disclose their views... Tongue LOL

On a serious note.. no.. one should not disclose their personal data on networking sites. Embarrassed

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Guess nobody wants to disclose their views... 

On a serious note.. no.. one should not disclose their personal data on networking sites.
thanks  swetaTongue  thats what i feel too. I feel its possible to be virtual friends on the basis of ones thoughts , opinions , ideas  , likings, without having to disclose too much of personal details .

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

should a person on a social networking site as this disclose ones personal details or not? what is your opinion about this. Many times ppl ask a lot of questions and you do not know how much to disclose . How do you deal with it? Is it possible to be friends in Virtual world without disclosing full details about oneslf Confused

my personal view is

when i first joined IF i didnt reveal anything i was rather cautious i still am

but as i made frnds some really good frnds here, the information i felt comfortable revealing i did to frnds thru pm never online in posts and ive requested my frnds not to reveal anything i told them online either, n theyve respected my wishes

of course it works both ways ive not revealed anything they told me either

ive never revealed anything that is too personal simply coz u never know that what the person on the other end of the comp is telling u is truth or not

although i'll admit the info i have revealed abt myself ive always been truthful

interesting topic zorro Clap

cool name too Thumbs Up

Edited by baz786 - 20 April 2010 at 12:16pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro_DrEaM_

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
I just feel:

- If I give you my address anyway, what will you do at most?
Come at my place? There's an alarm system

-If I give you my telephone number, what will you do at most?
Pester me? I'll block your calls

-If I give you my full name, what will you do at most?
Track me down on Facebook? Big deal, is 'block' a new feature?

I really do not get all the fuss about personal details et al... How dangerous can it be at the end of the day? And what dangerous? Confused
I definitely think you can make a number of friends on networking sites without divulging personal details, but then, they'll remain only that: virtual! People are so stressed up and scared by petty things nowadays! Seriously....

Nice topic by the way! Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrrosouro

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
If you want my number and address PM me, i will give u my bank details too for showing interest.

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 April 2010 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.