Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why phoonk2 and Pathshaala failed (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 8

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 8
Page 8 Page 8

ffkhan

IF-Rockerz

ffkhan

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tweety_lovely

I think

Shahid's Fairness Creams will do better business

than his movies

LMAO

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Aww haha!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why phoonk2 and Pathshaala failed (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged
A question asking why the two films failed turned into a complete Shahid topic. Quite on track, arent we? Phoonk ko toh phook marke uda diya.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ffkhangujunpyo

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Anyways, since its turned into a Shahid topic....

I dont think Shahid will be forgotten just based on a few of his movies. He has come far ahead from that direction. If I am not mistaken, it was either AB Senior or Akshay who gave 13 flops at a go but look at where they both are. I am not comparing Shahid with these two but I am merely saying a Good actor which Shahid def. is despite the movies he chose, be it out of friendship reason or whatever, does get his due.

I believe even AB senior had a long way to go before he reached where he is. So did Shahrukh. We can take Salmans example as well. He gave Wanted, a blockbuster after IDK how Longgg!!! But that doesnt mean his popularity or the spot he holds in BW got any lessened. Same for Shahid, he has IMMENSE popularity. Again, Im not saying that since he is popular, he can do whatever he wants but I am just stating that a few flops wont get him down.

Like lets take Kareena, for example, she has done a few films for friendship or just bcoz it had big banner, she chose pathetic scipt like KI and others and let go GOOD CINEMA movies that Madhur offered her or others(which other Kareena fans can tell better) but this doesnt mean that she has no script sense. You just do some films bcoz of various other factors.

AND I am just STATING Kareena bcoz shes the latest actress who I have been updated on her with news of present and of past that I went into reading. Please dont turn it into a Kareena topic or a Kareena vs. Shahid topic or anything on those lines.

Also, Shahid is just 29. He has a LONG WAY to go. So lets give him some more time guys before writing him off that he cant judge scripts and all that guys :-) Like he also stated, he sat at home for SIX MONTHS before he chose Jab We Met. He waited for the right script, didnt he?! The guy has some brain, I would like to believe. lol. I ll give Shahid a chance before drag him off just cuz Ranbir had a better year or otherwise as well.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gujunpyo

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Gosh and we ALMOST had a decent discussion going on, even if it did go off topic a tad.

I've deleted some comments as a few of you may have seen. I'mma leave this topic open, in hopes of it staying on topic/keeping a decent discussion going.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-gujunpyoanku-

qwww

IF-Dazzler

qwww

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aladin-

Originally posted by -anisha-

Hello..!!!..Srk is very goodlooking.

SRK used to be innovative when it came to roles, but he became typecast eventually.  I don't think he is good looking, but he has a certain charm.  Big smile

I used to love his earlier movies. 

I so agree he is very very charming. He made his career by taking risks. He built his career on films like Darr, Baazigar and Anjaam. He is the one turned the villan into a  "anti -hero".
Its really sad he choose to typecast himself with YRF and K Jo movies.
Shahid I think is a director's actor. With a good director he is good else he falls flat.

-Aladin-

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Here you go guys, even Shahid agrees with you.

ShahidKapoor

sometimes when i see a film promo i wonder y on earth anyone made such a film n i confess sometimes its been one of my own :) less than 20 seconds ago via web

qwww

~*simran*~

IF-Veteran Member

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*simran*~

Lets stay on topic as to why the 2 said films failed ji, not on actors such as Urmila, SRK, Shahid, etc.

I think Pathshala did not work because it's made in the wrong era; it looks too 90s.

Phoonk, well I don't like horror films so I don't know

Simran ji, the discussion was merely about why movies in general fail (be it of any actor, hence the names came up).  Not too far off topic, really.  Tongue  

Even I hate horror movies, so I wouldn't dream of watching it on DVD.  Theatre door ki baat haiPhoonk ko phoonk phoonk ke bhi dekhnaa mahaal hai

I think the general premise of Paatshaala has already been dealt with in other movies, which were better made.  Might see it once it comes on DVD.  It does has Nana Patekar in it after all.  Embarrassed

p.s.  Off topic posts have already been removed by preity*zinta ji. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top