Rang Badalti Odhani

~Yashashri Masurkar fanclub, Appreciation thread~ (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 32

ffkhan

IF-Rockerz

ffkhan

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:09am | IP Logged
STARONE.IN
Yashashri makes her Hindi debut with Odhani
STARONE.IN

Yashashri Masurkar is a new face in Hindi serials, but she isn't new to television. In fact, she is a well known actress in Marathi serials.

STARONE.IN

Yashashri, Khanak, OdhaniYashashri will now play the lead role of Khanak in STAR One's new offering Rang Badalti Odhani, which goes on air on April 5. We caught up with Yashashri to find out more about her role on the show.

So who is Khanak?
Khanak urf Yashashri, that's me. As the name might suggest, I am a very simple and sober girl from a middle class family for whom culture is paramount.

If that's so, how did you step into the world of glamour?
I have always wanted to be an actress. As a child, I did theatre and plays. When I grew up, I worked at a BPO. One day, I learnt of an audition and went along. I was chosen for a role in Zee Marathi's serial Lakshman Resha and that's how the acting career began and the BPO one ended.

How did Odhani happen?
I got a call to audition for it. I suppose someone must have referred me to them, and I got the role because they liked my audition. Yash Patnaik called me and said I was on.

Tell us something about the character you will play.
Khanak is a sweet village girl for whom love is everything. She knows that her love is her life, and soon she is to marry. And that's what makes her happy. Every girl can relate to Khanak because every girl starts off with innocence as she faces the world.

Is Khanak like Yashashri in real life?
Of course! She is totally like me -- chanchal and masti bhari. She is full of life and love and so am I. She is furious when someone harms her loved ones and so am I. I think I relate to Khanak a lot.

What's it like acting in a serial set in a village?
Staying in a metro, a city, we've never faced the sort of things that happen there. But it's sad that anyone has to face such things at all. I guess through television we can spread a message. Education is so important, but because we are such a populous nation it will take time.

How different will your show be from those on air currently?
With Odhani, it's not the backdrop of culture that's actually defining. The location is incidental to the plot of Odhani, which is a love story, and how that changes later to a story of vengeance.

As for other serials, Odhani is different in its own way. It shows the emotions of a woman who has lost the love of her life, the trauma she has to go through.

How important is marriage to you, and what do you think of our tradition and our rituals?
I am a desi girl. I believe in Ganeshji and I'm certain whatever is happening to me today is because of him. Marriage is not only a relationship between two different people, it's about uniting two families.

Has it been different acting in a Hindi channel over a regional one?
Regional serials are more realistic than Hindi serials. But I guess Hindi serials have the larger audience.

Link- http://www.starone.in/news/211/yashashri-makes-her-hindi-debut-with-odhani.aspx

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

blackdaughtershanakforeverWooHooHaha21

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Yashashri Masurkar fanclub, Appreciation thread~ (Page 4)" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blackdaughter

IF-Dazzler

blackdaughter

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Thanks for this Zana. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask. Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21ffkhan

ffkhan

IF-Rockerz

ffkhan

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 12:06am | IP Logged
^^ Of course I won't hesitate.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21

blackdaughter

IF-Dazzler

blackdaughter

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Yash looked so gorgeous this whole week!! Love her haircut, suits her so much!! Her blue sari today was sooooo pretty. Complimented her so much!! Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shanakforeverWooHooHaha21ffkhan

ffkhan

IF-Rockerz

ffkhan

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blackdaughter

Yash looked so gorgeous this whole week!! Love her haircut, suits her so much!! Her blue sari today was sooooo pretty. Complimented her so much!! Big smile
Yeah dear. Her new haircut makes her more adorable and beautiful than the previous.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Her dressup, all are very stunning.Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shanakforeverWooHooHaha21

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged
never seen anyone so simple yet so amazing ................. i like the fact that they didnot load her with bari barthan jewellery and alllll

WooHooHaha21

ffkhan

IF-Rockerz

ffkhan

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 3:46am | IP Logged
^^ Agree u jaya. That has made her exceptional from others. 

WooHooHaha21

blackdaughter

IF-Dazzler

blackdaughter

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Thank god there is minimum jewellery. That's what i like about her look the most.

WooHooHaha21

Post Reply New Post

Go to top