Harry Potter

J.K. Rowling planning on an 8th book?!?!?!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

....Poojie....

IF-Stunnerz

....Poojie....

Posted: 18 April 2010 at 8:36am | IP Logged

J.K. Rowling's 8th Book: Potter Or No Potter? That Is The Question

By iNewp Citizen Journalist
Published: April 15, 2010

Related

• No Related Post

Harry Potter fans in the millions took both joy and dissapointment in the last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, of the famous Harry Potter series. The book was superbly written just as the six other books which drew praise, it was however dissapointing for fans that J.K. Rowling had ended the series right at that point in 2007.

Many still had hoped that Rowling would return to her series as many other authors such as Arthur Conan Doyle did with Sherlock Holmes. J.K. Rowling finally announced in late March that she would be writing an eighth book to be completed by late 2011 after she was pressured by her daughter, Jessica to pick up the pen and continue the series funnily enough.

For those who would like to see Harry's life as a parent ninteen years later in the Harry Potter canon, then think again!

In a press release to the BBC, Rowling stated that "Harry's had enough in his life already" so "it's time to center in on Dudley Dursley, Harry's cousin, and his family. He's been shoved aside as a Muggle, but as the new generation of Hogwarts students arrive, there'll be more room for him in the plot especially with another Hogwarts acceptance letter in the family."

Rowling hinted that Dunstable, the son of Dudley, might be attending Hogwarts alongside Harry and co.'s children: Albus, James, et cetera.

As if the Dursley family haven't had enough in their lives already after seven books! So the story won't obviously center around Harry Potter anymore but more on the next generation. It is not known at this time if the 8th book will be turned into a movie like the other books.

Whether the book will focus on Harry Potter or not, that doesn't matter as it is undoubtable that J.K. Rowling will conjure up another magical book yet again.

- Contributed By: T.C Jogg

http://inewp.com/?p=2601

Interesting!!...as long as there are certain amount of Harry, Ron and Hermione..Big smileBig smile..I am all game for it.....but don't want all the attention on Dudley!!

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

gobrownpeoplegendaphoolpnMockingjay1NikkishaHPCRAZYAurora.rianiciadormantdreamsElusiveDevotionDark_StarammygurlsourpussblackdaughterUnderControl.PrincessFlavia-.nandini.-brinda_ghtshivani003AnotherAdmirerLeenasmgnandini27Rafa.LunaPottereshaaax3...RamKiJanaki..safeplacetoland

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "J.K. Rowling planning on an 8th book?!?!?!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

simply.me

IF-Dazzler

simply.me

Posted: 18 April 2010 at 10:34am | IP Logged

thanks for the article.....hope jk rowling does write the 8th book......but then again i dnt think she shldConfused

-Sakina-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sakina-

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 12:38am | IP Logged
i really hope  she writes the book....

but i'd like the attention to be on our golden trio...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rouble_loverbloodlinedormantdreams_Ashy_shivani003

Mazzy101

Goldie

Mazzy101

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:07am | IP Logged
im soo happy shes writing another book!Big smile though it wil be wierd if its not about Harry, Ron and Hermione! Confusedit will still be good though coz it will be about their children and JK will still be writing it! Clapthough i do agree with her when she says it wasnt much about the dursleys , it might be good to see how they react whn thy see their own grandson is a wizard!Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sakina-

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Yea^...she thought that her detachment with HP has made her family as well as herself quite upset.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Wow, that's really cool! Can't wait to read about it!

My fav new generation kid is James Sirius Potter, so I hope Dunstable Dursley gets close to him. ;)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Ashy_ammygurl

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
I think JKR should write a prequel to HP...I mean the generation with Lily,Snape,James,Sirius in Hogwarts...I would want to see that...and if not that then obviously a sequel with the trio's kids.... I dunno about Dudley and his son being in the story too much

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dark_Starshivani003missindia26Rafa.LunaPotter-Divyaa-

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 25 April 2010 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
I would rather a prequel than a sequel :P If she is writing one...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Divyaa-..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top