Harry Potter

DOTF... Funny mistakes

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey Guys

So we're back with a Discussion of the Fortnight after a long time... :)

So the question is.... have you ever said something HP related to someone who hasn't read the books and they totally misunderstood it?

For instance... my sister and I were walking on the pier at the beach last night... and we were talking about something and I made a reference to Death Eaters... now she understood that it was something to do with Harry Potter.. but here's what she said to me...

Chip (my sister): Oh.. they're the things that look like termites right?
Me: What? Where did termites come from?
Chip: In Harry Potter... the Death-Eaters.... they are the termite-like things that gobble up the bridge real quick, right?
Me: I can't even begin to imagine where you got that from... but to put it mildly, nope, far from it.

Haha πŸ˜† So... has anything like that ever happened to you?

P.S. Thanks for the inspiration for this post, Chip ;)

Happy discussing!

Chhilt, Aish, Lalitha
HP. Dev. Team
Edited by chhilt - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chip. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG! i can't believe you did this to me, chhilt! ☺️ on the other hand,  if citing my case will help you guys discuss new perspectives, so be it! Have fun! ⭐️
Edited by chip86 - 14 years ago
Oh...there are many such instances..........I'll give you one....this one happened recently.....

I recently joined Facebook (out of reluctance) and one of my friends asked me about the favourite character in a favourite saga (he said Edward of Twilight..*yuck*) So I said I love Harry Potter and I adore Snape. Then, the next day, I got a wall post from him and some other friends stating that my favourite animal is a snake.....and not a regular animal.
chip. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
🀣 that's a good misunderstanding!

PS: look whose talking.... i could have done that myself.... 😳
Mazzy101 thumbnail
lol. 😊no i dnt thnk iv had anythng like tht. but its quite funny and annoying when tht happens sumtmes!
muffins2waffles thumbnail
LOL nice topic.

Well I had one and it was that somebody asked me what my favorite "look" was and I thought they said favorite "book" so I said Harry Potter series, and then they're like..."You like being hairy? No wonder you have such long hair."

😳
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
One time my friend asked me for a quote that she could put on her assignment about the importance of learning and i told 'wit beyond measure is man's greatest treaure'. She thought I just made it up. I WISH I WAS THAT ~DEEP~ AND POETIC.

One of my cousin has a very.. annoyingly simplistic view of the world. I was telling her 'the world isn't split up into good people and bad people' so I kinda ripped off Sirius there. SORRY JKR.

Last summer, my friend and I had this running joke. Whenever one of us would say 'Are you serious?" the other would reply 'No, I'm Regulas."

YOU GUYS, MY 12 YEAR OLD COUSIN STARTED READING HARRY POTTER AND SHE REALLY LIKES IT. I FEEL LIKE A PROUD PARENT!

sorry I haven't been on lately, chem and physics have been overwhelming.

Edited by -Navi - 14 years ago
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^ Haha those are pretty cool :) And that is awesome! Don't let her anywhere near Twilight, I'm tellin' ya πŸ˜† Just kidding...
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chhilt

^^ Haha those are pretty cool :) And that is awesome! Don't let her anywhere near Twilight, I'm tellin' ya πŸ˜† Just kidding...

I went on a 10 minute rant to her and some other cousins of mine around her age about how they should not really twilight.

I'M SUCH  A GOOD INFLUENCE 😎