Joined: 09 May 2008
52 Ways To Perfect Health
1. Drink eight glasses of water a day.
2. Include two vegetables and one fruit in every meal.
3. Begin each meal with a raw vegetable salad.
4. Make a light snack of assorted sprouts.
5. Start the day with a glass of warm water and a dash of lime.
6. Use only fresh vegetables.
7. Once a week have only fresh fruits until noon, make lunch the first meal of the day.
8. Eat only freshly cooked meals, not refrigerated leftovers.
9. Include one green vegetable and one yellow vegetable in every meal.
10. Go on a juice fasta for a day. Start with vegetable juice, and sip fruit for lunch and dinner.
11. Kick the old coffee habit. Have a glass of fresh fruit juice instead.
12. Cut out all deep-fried foods from your diet.
13. Cut down on high sugar products like soft drinks, ice-cream, candy and cookies in your diet.
14. Never skip a meal, even if you are on a diet. Eat a fresh fruit or have vegetable juice instead.
15. Avoid beverages like soda, coffee, colas and so on.
16. Include high fibre foods plenty of fruits, vegetables and grains in planning your diet.
17. Use salt in moderation
18. Wash vegetables throughly in clean water before chopping.
19. Stream or boil vegetables (rather than fry or saute.
20. Retain peels of potato, cucumber, carrot and tomato while cooking.
21. Do take a moment off to mentally list out the nutritional value of the food you are about to eat.
22. Dont rush through your meals. Set aside enough time to appreciate, enjoy and digest your food.
23. Make every meal an enjoyable experience. Set dishes out attractively and chew slowly to appreciate the full flavour of the foods you eat.
24. Choose to be radiantly healthy. Keep yourself informed about the nutritive value of every food you buy.
25. Shop for groceries yourself. Notice the look, feel and smell of fresh fruit and vegetables and enjoy their intrinsic goodness.
26. Watch out for eating habits paired with emotional states, like reaching for a chocolate when you€™re depressed. Resist the urge and eat fruit instead.
27. Eat popcorn (rather than chips) while watching a movie.
28. Sit at the table at meal times. Dont read the paper or review bills while eating.
29. Make it a point to have dinner with the entire family at the table, and not in front of the TV.
30. Eat just to the point of the fullness. Dont stuff yourself!
31. Stop smoking.
32. Restrict alcohol consumption.
33. Get a good night sleep, every night.
34. Enrol today in an exercise programme.
35. Take a brisk, 20 minute invigorating walk each morning.
36. Spend 10 minutes every morning and evening doing basic stretches.
37. Do not use elevators when you can climb the stairs.
38. Enrol in a TM programme today.
39. Focus on your breathing. Take a deep breath, then exhale slowly. Repeat a couple of times a day.
40. Learn to relax. Spend 20 minutes consciously relaxing each muscle of your body.
41. Spend 20 minutes a day in silent meditation, prayer or contemplation.
42. Learn the healing power of laughter. Watch a crazy movie, recall a joke or read a funny book and laugh out loud.
43. Tap the powers of your sub-conscious. Relax your body for 20 minutes and project the Perfect You on your mind screen.
44. Balance your lifestyle. Devote equal time each week to work and fun.
45. Join kids in a sports activity and rediscover the joys of childhood.
46. Do keep in touch with friends. Call up or visit them and be at peace with the world.
47. Enrol in an activity (like dancing, swimming or roller skating…) you never indulged in because you were afraid of €œwhat people might say.
48. Forgive someone who you think has done you wrong and cleanse your spirit of rancour.
49. Do a nice turn to someone you dont know too well, but who could do with a friend.
50. Spend a quiet half-hour chatting with your family.
51. Listen to soothing music for 15 minutes at least each day.
52. Read a great book once a week.
The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:
kmh.fan, Monika__29, Neha_K,
Wine is good for skin and for health
Author: ipshika.g Replies: 7 Views: 13421
|ipshika.g||7||13421||04 June 2010 at 11:24am by harsh28|
World Health Day(discussion topic)!
Author: teenindia_usa Replies: 24 Views: 3941
|teenindia_usa||24||3941||07 May 2010 at 2:40pm by taibaaa|
Health & Fitness
Author: Fitnessgroup Replies: 0 Views: 559
|Fitnessgroup||0||559||05 March 2010 at 5:47am by Fitnessgroup|
regular health mistakes..
Author: ..imperfect.. Replies: 9 Views: 1588
|..imperfect..||9||1588||04 December 2009 at 10:13pm by love_vs_hate|
Important Health Tips - R-E-A-D
Author: honeydaisy Replies: 14 Views: 2188
|honeydaisy||14||2188||04 December 2009 at 10:03pm by love_vs_hate|
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index