Why the humans are never satisfied

Khatarnak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Are you satisfied with your life?

We humans are never satisfied with what we have at the moment.  Oh I got nothing to do.  Oh it's so quiet.  Oh time goes so slow.  On the other when I am busy I complain about lack of personal time; when I am free I complain about having too much of it.  What do I want?

A famous psychologist came up with a pyramid of five of the most basic aspects to human life starting with our physiological needs, food, warmth, and, shelter, effectively this means we have reached our purpose or goal in life.

I guess it is human nature to question life. As we all are aware of, there were ups and downs throughout our life. When all these happen, human beings start to question about what life is all about.

Are you satisfied with your life? What do you want from life? Is there something your life is lacking?

Why we humans are never satisfied? Are there advantages and disadvantages in getting no satisfaction in life?

This phenomenon is because we were raised in a society that seems to reward greed. The more things you have supposedly the better off you are. So it seems natural that this infused value begins to show through in our attitudes and emotions. It's just been part of our life that material things will make us happy, although once we obtain whatever it is we eventually discover how hollow it turns out to be. then it's on to the next thing that'll forever change our lives. Then as we lust for all these material things, somebody's pockets are getting lined with our money. The little secret they wouldn't want you to know is that it's really up to an individual to choose to feel satisfied or not regardless of their situation. The old maxim: The best things in life are free... now then again so are the worst, nobody ever paid for cancer. for the sake of not ending on a sour note like that, it's up to the individual.

Edited by Khatarnak - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I think humans can be satisfied if they learn to appreciate ghazals.
Music will calm the mind and the words will add meaning and make one understand.

Ye daulat bhi le lo

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQk2CMIKJE[/YOUTUBE]
the grass is greener on the other side, simple.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Am pondering some of life's great mysteries. Like, why are we here?, is there life on Mars? and why doesn't Donald duck wear pants? and taking life with a pinch of Salt...with a slice of lemon...and a shot of Tequlia!!!

Life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol

Aal izz well 😉

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Am pondering some of life's great mysteries. Like, why are we here?, is there life on Mars? and why doesn't Donald duck wear pants? and taking life with a pinch of Salt...with a slice of lemon...and a shot of Tequlia!!!

Life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol

Aal izz well 😉

Of course Dracula lives in Mars
Donald Duck only wears a coat or a shirt
Tequila is a crazy drink that sends you to outer space

😆
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

the grass is greener on the other side, simple.

solution: stop eating grass, look for a substitute

Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: P1nk

khao peeyo aish karo.

Zindagi Mein Koyi Kabhi Aaye Na Rabba,
Aaye Jo Koyi Toh Phir Jaaye Na Rabba,
Dene Ho Gar Mujhe Baad Mein Aansoo
Toh Pehele Koyi Hasaaye Na Rabba) -

Jaate Jaate Koyi Meri Khushiyon Ko Le Gaya,
Suni Suni Akhiyon Ko Gham, Koyi De Gaya

http://www.bollywoodsargam.com/video_todayfeaturedvideo.php?blockbustermovieclip=_dgWTSsMY2c----zindagi_mein_koi_kabhi_aaye_na_rabba_%5Blyrics_of_love%5D_featured_hollywood_blockbuster_video.html
Khatarnak thumbnail
bus ki dushwaar hai har kaam ka aasaan hona
aadme ko bhee muyassar naheen  insan hona

( dushwaar = difficult, muyassar = possible)

Khatarnak thumbnail
Aagah apney anjam se koyee bashar nahin
Samaan hai sau baras ka, pal ki khabar nahin

Aagah = Do not know
Anjaam - End
Bashar - Insan
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Not all human beings ar dissatisfied. One can be satisfied and still feel that one can achieve more. This desire (not greed) propels a human being forward. without desire we wud still be roaming in the jungles eating raw food and living in caves.