Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Eksie

IF-Stunnerz

Eksie

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

New slice of life for TV

Keep it simple.... that seems to be the mantra for the television industry now. Move over those larger than lifestyle depicted in soaps.

Now tele serials are all about real life people and their lifestyle. The small screen doesn't seem to be now interested in showing life that doesn't exist at all. Simple and day-to-day lifestyle is the main crux of major TV stories. Fancy fairytales are now pass. Sasural Genda Phool, 12/24 Karol Bagh, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Behenein and Pavitra Rishta are few shows which predict our daily lives and it becomes much easier for the audience to relate to it. What's the reason behind starting this?

"Talking about the era from Kyunki till now, we get to see real people on television shows now. Story lines can be loud but the characters are real, be it urban or rural. The characters are layered and the issues are real journey of the character is authentic which makes the show more real and acceptable by the audience. Earlier the shows were loud and over the top but it was fun to watch reactions for those shows too," says Sukesh Motwani, fiction head of a general entertainment channel.

But what is the main reason for showing things that are happening in our day to day life because the audience always loves to see a 'fantasy' life? "Earlier the shows that worked will not work today, there is a saturation point that comes and today audience's perceptive has also changed. The earlier shows also started looking artificial and people couldn't relate to them further ' now the shows are more believable and real. We also have a set pattern. The show makers copy the format of the shows that are already successful. TV channels also don't want us to experiment or make new shows and they tell us to make the shows just like the ones exist and are successful," says television director Rajan Waghdhare.

While some say there are new audiences added to the existing ones which have lead to this new trend. Dhiraj Kumar, a TV producer says, "Everything changes with time and in the media of entertainment one has to always give something new and innovative each day. Today the target audience is expanded and TAM is being recorded in small towns too ' the new audience likes simple treatment and not shows that are over done. Shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitya Hi Kijo, Pratigya, Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam are shows in which we are trying to convey strong issues in a simple way. The new audience likes simple treatment and that is why these new shows are working very well."

Not just makers even the actors are enjoying to work in shows which are clear and simple. TV actress Ragini Khanna is working on a show that is based on her marriage and life after that. But why did she choose to work in a show that depicts people's simple lifestyle? "Fortunately and sub-consciously I have not worked in run-of-the-mill shows. They say it is difficult to be simple and I guess that is why the new shows are working better. Drama exists even today but the presentation is like real life. For how long can one relate to things that don't exist?" questions Ragini.

Looks like everyone now just wants to keep it simple!

Edited by Ektaj - 14 April 2010 at 1:42am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

tvfrnds001madhu.Marina.India1kimpanggcricsihuRomantiChikfaiza_elahi202kkl276Anvi2009sam.desigirl_18-Aysha-MariQuestFilmsrahmona_pakswerelentless.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles mentioning YPNHK - New on Pg2" in Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kimpan

Goldie

kimpan

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much for the article Eks....people agree that YPNHK is doing really well...that's awesome!!...I hope YPNHK brings in the change that we want to see in the telly industry,
keep it simple ,keep it sweet, keep it YPNHK way!...that shld be the tag for the future showsLOLBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu.ggcricEksie

Eksie

IF-Stunnerz

Eksie

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kimpan

Thanks so much for the article Eks....people agree that YPNHK is doing really well...that's awesome!!...I hope YPNHK brings in the change that we want to see in the telly industry,
keep it simple ,keep it sweet, keep it YPNHK way!...that shld be the tag for the future showsLOLBig smile

@ Bold - Now would that not be simple AWESOME!! Seriously .. wish YPNHK is amongst the path-breaking trends the industry is seeing now.

I love how Dheeraj Kumar keeps insisting on keeping it 'simple' and how people love the simplicity shown in serials. And yup, he has mentioned YPNHK and the fact that its doing well for the same reason - SIMPLICITY!!

Its a very positive article .. and a medium like TOI. Great going!! Thumbs Up

Edited by Ektaj - 13 April 2010 at 3:55pm

madhu.kimpanggcric

Anvi2009

IF-Dazzler

Anvi2009

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Eks just read the part highlighted in red. I am glad YPNHK is getting positive reivews. Dont know if I belong to the new audience, I probably do, as I love shows that are kept simple, sweet, with right touch of drama....something I can relate to, like everything about YPNHK except Omi's part.

Kim, love your tag line, seriously thats how it should be. We have come this far with this show, hope to stay till the very end. Creatives please always keep it simple. And get rid of Omi or atleast mellow down his character.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu.kimpanggcricEksie

Anvi2009

IF-Dazzler

Anvi2009

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Oh wait, just read the whole para. So its Dhiraj Kumar talking about his own show. It makes me so happy to hear him say that they are conveying a strong message in a simple way, this is exactly how we all want it to be na. Caste thing is a strong issue, and the simplicity in the story can be seen (minus Omi part, which is all twisted). Dhiraj ji, please stick to your simplicity wala motto for this serial, till it last. Smile

madhu.ggcricEksie

madhu.

madhu.

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Awww! This is awsome.. Thanks Eks! Smile

Yeah I totally agree with kim here.. keep it simple, sweet and YPNHK way!Embarrassed I'm sure the TRPs would boost up once IPL is over.. It's great to see something like this written about a show which should be appreciated! Not like other crapy shows.. which have high TRPs... for god knows why?!Confused

I always thought YPNHK has been smiple and sweet and which real touch to it.. that's one of the reasons I started watching.. but not to forget the main reason was AbHer!Embarrassed

Edited by premheer4evr - 13 April 2010 at 4:26pm

kimpanggcricEksie

Eksie

IF-Stunnerz

Eksie

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
@ Anvi & Yashi - I'm glad YPNHK is getting coverage in all the possible and positive ways. This is a good article to begin with .. it speaks well of bringing in the changes in television by keeping its shows simple & sweet.

Atleast there is an acknowledgement of sorts .. that yes, YPNHK comfortably fits into the 'simple' genre .. and as a new age audience, we love it!

madhu.ggcricMariQuestFilms

Eksie

IF-Stunnerz

Eksie

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
@ Anvi - Yup .. its Dheeraj Kumar speaking of his own show. And this is the 2nd time this week that he has spoken about the 'simplicity' of the show and mentioned it as a main factor to why people like the show.

Somehow makes me think Omi will be leaving soon Embarrassed Even if they talk about Omi bringing in the TRP's .. its only to give it a boost .. and then AbHer will take over from there. You know .. like chingaari ko hawa dena .. with AbHer being the chingaari that need the hawa (Omi) to bhadkaofy the aag!! LOL Uske baad hawa ka kaam khatam .. chalo raasta naapo LOL 

@ Madhu - Its great to see an article appreciating the show for what it is! I'm glad its on TOI .. who knows, some people might just read it and out of curiosity might wanna check out the show Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu.kimpanggcricAnvi2009MariQuestFilms

Post Reply New Post

Go to top