Review: Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi -Article

sweetsugar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Recently STAR One launched a new show called Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi which highlights the NRI marriage related problems which are prevalent in India. It is a story of a young spirited girl, Geet, who is married off to an NRI and how she faces the challenges and stands for the rights and values she believes in.

The central character – Geet is played by Drashti Dhami, who was last seen in Dill Mill Gayye as Dr.Muskaan Chadda. She has acted beautifully in this show and we can see lots of variations in her acting as compared to her bubbly Punjabi role in Dill Mill Gayye. The audience will love Geet's innocence and her shyness. Not only Drashti Dhami's role but other characters like Daarji, (Geet's grandfather, played by Talat Raiki) who is an authoritative figure in the family and has the final say in most of the matters, is etched quite well. Then the character Taiji (Neelu Kohli), who is seen always scolding the family members and others is prominent too. The characterization of the show has been done perfectly and this can be identified with the present Punjabi traditional family that stays in the villages of Punjab. Currently, the Lodhi celebrations are going on replete with bhangra performances and plenty of Punjabi food.

The entry of Dev, the main lead of the show played by Abhinav Shukla is perfect. He has done a good job of playing an NRI from Canada and has his accent in place as well. All other actors have portrayed their characters very well and the true essence of the show is the Punjabi village set up which looks pretty authentic on screen, like the haveli (mansion) where Geet stays, which has the taste and blend of Punjabi culture. The music, with the title song sung by Daler Mehendi, is Punjabi in flavour.

In short, the show will give a tough fight to other channels' shows like Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on STAR Plus and Colors' Laagi Tujhse Lagan, because the timing (9.30 pm) is the same. It is a good comeback for actors like Shalini Kapoor, Neelu Kohli, Karishma Randhawa, Tanushree Kaushal, Talat Raiki, Jitendra Bharadwaj and Vicky Ahuja
Ratings: 3.5 out of 5

Geet -Hui Sabse Parayi airs on STAR One from Monday to Friday at 9:30 PM

Source :http://www.indya.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?p=Review-Geet-Hui-Sabse-Parayi&nid=240

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet.melody thumbnail
wow!! thanks for the article!

im sooo happy that Drashti is finally getting her much deserved spot in the tv industry!

and Dev is main lead wohoooooooo
nehara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thank you 4 the article... :D
dua44 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow yar i am so happy.geet rating rocking.
dev is male lead wow yaar thank god
biryani thumbnail
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Dev Geet Rocks
stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....you're a life saver...thanks a lot and thank you God for listening to our honest prayers....he has to be the main lead...I mean look at him....he can't be the second of third lead of the show. All the logics that I was trying to put here indicates the validity of Dev being the main lead....hurrayyyyyyyy....so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈ
magicalmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2
I'm so glad this article says that dev is d main lead..
n this show gt 3.5⭐️
stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
yeah show is doing great n I hope its trp goes skyhigh and becomes the best show of hindi tv....I hope it gives a tough fight to other shows and D&G is recognized by all
KaSu4Life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
thanx for the article.
OMG OMG OMG OMG......it says DEV is the main lead πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. im soooo happpyyyyy!!!!!!