Do you believe in fairytales?

Posted: 13 years ago

In this world of hard-hitting realities, is there still a place for good old fairytales?

Do you believe in fairytales?

Which is your favourite?

Is it practical to keep believing fairytales exist in today's world ?
No,  I do not believe in fairytales but all the same I still enjoyed reading them 😊
I dont belive in fairytales,these must be true in fairyland and fairyland doesnt existπŸ˜›
Do you believe  that a soul mate exists in the real world or does this creature belong to the fairyland ? πŸ˜›
I am living In a fairytale.
I still like to believe in fairytales, for my sake. Not really surprised that most people don't believe or respond to simple yearning innocence..

It's called being practical. And it's good.

However, if we don't believe in these stories, how then can we make it believable for our kids/younger siblings? Are we "lying" to them that there is a "happily ever after" ?
Would you really want the kids to believe these tales & "happily ever after"? I think its more imp to teach kids that happiness is a state of being that need not be completely dependent of other ppl or external circumstances. Some kids may be too young to understand this but I really do not know if believing in fairytales wud serve any useful purpose.But as this thread develops lets look out for any opinions in favour of it though 😊
If fairytale means everything will come for me on a golden platter, with fairies out there to shield me from every evil and my prince charming out with swords against every monster, then no I do not.

But if fairytale implies a happy ending, a cute prince charming who'll always be there my side, and everything that happens happening for the very ultimate best, then yes, I do believe, at least for my life, they do exist! ;)
Young kids need stories with good moral values. They should be taught respect for all religions from young. Kids are born innocent but it is unbelievable how they are so badly guided by some adults. They even learn meaningless nursery rhymes.
Better songs n rhymes should be introduced.
I have no qualms in saying that I believe in fairy tales. I believe in magic. I believe in the notion that somewhere out there there exists a world of fantasy.  There are unicorns and dragons, centaurs and demons. There are vampires and werewolves, witches and princesses. There are dwarves and elves, ghosts and goblins. Somewhere there is a Neverland where we are forever young, and our souls are pure and innocent.

I believe all that because The Little Prince told me so. He shared his secret so I could learn how to truly look at the world. He said "Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes"

I'm not sure if there are happily ever afters or a Prince Charming, but I know The Little Prince and I hold his words true.