Debby's Store of This & That:Getting Married|Pg 12 - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Sunita182

Debbyyy...

One Word - Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Your work is amazing as always. Debby, I seriously wish I could write half as good as you. This was so exciting and interesting.

I've had a long day revising for finals and this was a refreshing break.

You are exceptionally talented. This is of publishable quality, honestly.

:):):):):)

well doneee.... I loved every word of it. There's no doubt that you are the best writer IF has got.

Cant wait to read more from you. Thanks for the PM.

Also, I hope you are well. Ive been very busy with finals approaching and seleting modules for final year and such. Its hectic.. I will let u know when I update mine. :)

😊

Sunita! *hugs*

You have a thing for cheering me up - I have only to see your name in the thread and I smile. You're such a sweetheart... thanks a ton for the continued support and appreciation that you give me. It makes a world of difference.

Awww. All the best for your finals. I am sure you'll rock them all. And after they're done and you have time, I Demand an Update!. I want my refreshing break as well. :)

@Rain - Glad you liked it. I adore rain. Not that that's any secret. It always slides in everything I write. =)

Lots of love. And best of luck.
The Red Bag and the new Glass Case

Mamma had bought her the bright red bag with silver chains only a week ago. She was in love with it. It held all her books and even the extra long Maths workbook expertly. She had smiled when Mala Ma'am complimented her on it.

"What a delightful bag Debby, where did you get it from?"

"My Mamma got it for me from Lajpat Nagar." She had proudly replied.

Her bag would be spared the cruel Delhi summer for the upcoming two months. It would stay on Dada's old dining chair, where he would include it each day in his afternoon prayers. God, bless my grandchild. Bless her studies. Keep her smiling.

Mamma would arrange all the bag's contents safely on a shelf in her cupboard and take the bag away for washing. Or maybe she wouldn't this time considering it was almost new?

A sudden scream from around her lifted Debby from her thoughts. The bus was here. A crowd of kids rushed from the ice candy stall near the school gate and got into tiffs about getting window seats. Debby had no particular fascination for a window seat. In fact in the blazing May heat, all that the wind offered was more heat.

The bus chugged along the familiar route home. Debby's stop was one of the earlier ones and she stood up from her seat as the bus halted at the traffic signal.

"Happy holidays Debs!" Ankita – her best friend in school – called out.

"Same to you Anki!"

Debby gushed as she saw Mamma at her stop, smiling at her from under her umbrella. The beginning of summer holidays. Few things in life were more delightful than that.

–

Antenna rushed out from his place beside Ma in the kitchen. Debby giggled as she saw his upright tail and recalled how they had struck upon Antenna for a name. Pappa had been the one to coin that.

"So will it be nimboo paani or Glucon D or Frooti today?" Ma raised an eyebrow from the kitchen.

"No no, first have some aam panna. You have come straight from the hot sun."

Debby grimaced. Who had been the madman who had invented aam panna? If there was one summer drink she loathed with a vengeance, it was this. And Dada had taken up a new mission to make sure she had a glassful each afternoon.

"I am busy Dada. No time for aam." She declared as she kept the red bag in its place. "I have lots to get done!"

"But what? Your summer hols just started and you are through with the homework already…"

Debs winked at Mamma. Homework wasn't an issue. She ardently liked the scrap books, charts and models that they had been asked to make. Mamma and she had spent many laborious hours completing them all. They both took pride in winding up all the tasks before the hols started.

"Okay everyone, I am off." Flourish and flutter and the world's quickest shower later, Debs was out of sight.

Ma shook her head, getting back to the special holiday chicken she was cooking. Dada decided to use the opportunity to arrange an aam panna for himself.

"Well since no one is interested, maybe I will drink it up…"

Mamma was wondering if she should have a quick shower before lunch when noises from overhead distracted her.

"Guess we should go have a look….the shoe shelf her Dad placed there may have toppled over."

Everyone trooped upstairs, climbing the winding staircase to reach the tiny room under the terrace.

The shoe shelf had indeed toppled over. It now stood elegantly on the top stair, obstructing a by passer's way. Craning their necks to locate Debs, they spotted her with her head halfway inside the store cupboard, books sprawled around her. Her blue pajamas were now powder-dusty and her hair ran the threat of going the same way as some more books fell from the top bunk.

"No one bothers to maintain this library." Debby sighed to herself. "If it wasn't for me, cockroaches would be the only readers!"

Mamma giggled as she came out of the corner. "Would you hire new staff for cleaning Madam? I am all yours."

Debs's face lit up. "Really Mamma? Listen then, please arrange all the famous Fives in that heap over there and make sure the Secret Sevens don't tag along… they go in that pile in that corner… when you're done -"

"When you're done," Dada piped in, "we are going out to order a new glass case – your brand new library!"

With a scream that roused every hair in sleeping Antenna's white and brown skin, Debby jumped up and hugged him tight.

Ma scanned the layers of dust and cobwebs that embellished the trio's clothes.

"And when you go glass case hunting, pack in a carton or so of detergent."

–
Debby...
this is sooo sweet and innocent.
this is like a completely new side of you. loveli loveli loveli
enjoyed it very much..
too short :@:@:@:@:@

reminds me of when i went to look for my own bookcase for my ''library'' .. lol ending up getting in some third hand place and it had a big hole at the back :P

well done debby.. such a refreshing read earli in the morning. I dunt know how but my heart is at peace after reading this.

Also, I hope you are doing well. :)

write soon loveli
xxx
Originally posted by Sunita182

Debby...
this is sooo sweet and innocent.
this is like a completely new side of you. loveli loveli loveli
enjoyed it very much..
too short :@:@:@:@:@

reminds me of when i went to look for my own bookcase for my ''library'' .. lol ending up getting in some third hand place and it had a big hole at the back :P

well done debby.. such a refreshing read earli in the morning. I dunt know how but my heart is at peace after reading this.

Also, I hope you are doing well. :)

write soon loveli
xxx

Sunita! *hugs* How are you doing? Its so hot here ya, I am waiting for rain! :)

My, I am so SO glad you liked this piece. LOL ur bookcase hunt story sounds interesting. How very much do memories make us smile. And our childhood days were so supremely beautiful. Like you said, thoughts of them still bring peace.

Thanks a million for the delightful comment.
Hope to read from you too sometime. Anything will work. :D

Love.

hey Debs 🤗

sorry abt being later here..:)

I totally loved this one, it had such an innocent charm to it, totally in contrast to what I have read earlier (of ur work ie..)..

Loved this one :) Between have I told u I own the world's best book shelf (so much for modesty 😆) & I m exceedingly proud of it :) (will send u a pic 😆 )

I so so so related to that part, famous 5s and secret sevens in separate piles...those were the days :)

i wont say much debs...as whatever i would say would be an understatement 4 sure...neither i m that much worth of appreacting u through proper words....but wanna say this much...!!!this ff is getting really close to my heart.i feel the charaters getting life through ur descriptions..u can emote them really well.u r a writer per xcellence!!hats off to u.slowly but steadily i have turned into a complete admirer of ur writing skill.wil have to admit it.plzz update soon.
Edited by ghtk1 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by myownarea

hey Debs 🤗

sorry abt being later here..:)

I totally loved this one, it had such an innocent charm to it, totally in contrast to what I have read earlier (of ur work ie..)..

Loved this one :) Between have I told u I own the world's best book shelf (so much for modesty 😆) & I m exceedingly proud of it :) (will send u a pic 😆 )

I so so so related to that part, famous 5s and secret sevens in separate piles...those were the days :)

Heylo Divya! *hugs*

Thanks a lot for that lovely comment... you made my otherwise rather sad evening all light up.
Haha I just checked out your bookshelf and indeed, its one you should be proud of. Its a beauty!

Those were indeed the days... when all I wanted to do was go holidaying with the FF. Sigh.
Thanks once again Divya.. u're a darling.

Originally posted by ghtk1

i wont say much debs...as whatever i would say would be an understatement 4 sure...neither i m that much worth of appreacting u through proper words....but wanna say this much...!!!this ff is getting really close to my heart.i feel the charaters getting life through ur descriptions..u can emote them really well.u r a writer per xcellence!!hats off to u.slowly but steadily i have turned into a complete admirer of ur writing skill.wil have to admit it.plzz update soon.

Hey Pallu, how are you doing? Its been so long...

Oh come on, u hve always been one of my biggest supporters :) Thanks a million once again for being so sweet and encouraging... it makes a world of difference.

Love you *hugs*

hey debby
i knw im terribly late
but this story of urs was rather cute
i loved it

Hey Debby,

I am so sorry for being so late but i must say that Debby's store of this and that never fails to surprise us with its beautifully written stories, each one standing out on its own and bringing a totally new side of you across.

As a person, we have various sides to us, this brought out your simple and naivete sense, indeed simply innocent self out beautifully. Innocence is not just there in some ten- sixteen year olds, it can there at any age.

Beautifullyyyyyyyyyy written, do write more and more.

God bless you!