Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Debby's Store of This & That:Getting Married|Pg 12 - Page 11

pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Dear Debbyjee,

I realize that I am a terrible friend. I have this huge box full of your pm's lying around since forever, and I have been too lazy to take a look. *sharminda muh* 

Laalat hai mujhpe! ...wait I have a question for you Ms. Hindi expert: Is it Laalat or laanat? ðŸ˜³ I know it's one of these...

This is one of those Hindi words I always get confused with. Like galat femmi. For the longest time I used to think it was galat family! ðŸ˜³ I kid you not. I used to go around to people going, "Yeh apki galat family hai!"...no wonder I got such strange looks from those said people! 

Khair, just when I think my bad hindi word days are over, I always land upon another one of these words that stumps me. 

I am so lucky I have you though...😳

This would be me  NOT maska-fying you so that you forget what a terrible friend I have been. *innocent muh* 

Anyways, before I make a total fool of myself with my randomness, I would like to tell you that I am totally going to read all of your stories this weekend. I am tres excited. :D 

So please do not disown me as a friend okies? *puppy dog muh* 

I am also totally going to write you a huge long facebook message about my life, and if you don't reply then I may never speak to you again. ðŸ˜³

*breaks the silence*

Fine fine. Laugh all you want. I know I suck at giving dhamkis. *sigh* But still. Please? *puppy dog muh*

I shall be back to kha your sar some more after I read all your wonderful stories. 

Love,
Your Pallojee. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
debby,am new here and urs is d first work am reading in WC..jus read d first one..loved it!amazing story!i cud relate to it well..nice language..it had a kind of flow to it..u knw, like a flowing river..the way u described d feeling of love and d way u used rains 4 it ws mindblowing!superb!
more comments aftr readin d rest!
love
harsha
her_story thumbnail
the red bag and the new glass case..sweet one..took me bak to my school days..i cud see myself in the little debby's place as i used to b like tat only..
her_story thumbnail
suicide-
well written. loved it..but the end was truly shocking!! u r an amazing writer debby..
her_story thumbnail
@debby
finally finished reading!! okay so here r my comments-
Birthday party
..a cute story..loved it! a peek into d world of a six yr old..and a sweet emerging love story there..
Fool's Paradise
once again, u r an amazing writer..Madhav is a person v see a lot around us..touching story which makes me sit and think more abt it..
Getting Married
well this ws smthng i cud relate to.as i myself is dreading d day my parents wud announce smthng lik this to me..lol

debby u shud seriously consider publishing this collection..and if possible, pm me nxt tym u update..best wishes!

harsha
debby thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: cute2stay

Dear Debbyjee,

I realize that I am a terrible friend. I have this huge box full of your pm's lying around since forever, and I have been too lazy to take a look. *sharminda muh* 

Laalat hai mujhpe! ...wait I have a question for you Ms. Hindi expert: Is it Laalat or laanat? ðŸ˜³ I know it's one of these...

This is one of those Hindi words I always get confused with. Like galat femmi. For the longest time I used to think it was galat family! ðŸ˜³ I kid you not. I used to go around to people going, "Yeh apki galat family hai!"...no wonder I got such strange looks from those said people! 

Khair, just when I think my bad hindi word days are over, I always land upon another one of these words that stumps me. 

I am so lucky I have you though...😳

This would be me  NOT maska-fying you so that you forget what a terrible friend I have been. *innocent muh* 

Anyways, before I make a total fool of myself with my randomness, I would like to tell you that I am totally going to read all of your stories this weekend. I am tres excited. :D 

So please do not disown me as a friend okies? *puppy dog muh* 

I am also totally going to write you a huge long facebook message about my life, and if you don't reply then I may never speak to you again. ðŸ˜³

*breaks the silence*

Fine fine. Laugh all you want. I know I suck at giving dhamkis. *sigh* But still. Please? *puppy dog muh*

I shall be back to kha your sar some more after I read all your wonderful stories. 

Love,
Your Pallojee. :)

Hey Pallojee aka Terrible Friend :)

I never said you're a terrible friend but if you insist I have no qualms. :P I admit I have been waiting to hear from you. But bade log badi baatein... I can understand how busy missy is.

LOL its perfectly alrite sW*Hrt... I have been occupied too and dere are a thousand things I want to talk about... spare me some time na? :( *puppy face*

Its 'laanat'. Heehee galat family? Hahaha =) I would have loved to be one of your target audience for that one. I have made some such goofups as well... I could never pronounce the Hindi 'r' properly when I was younger. So my 'pari' would be 'padi' and 'padh rahi hai' would mysteriously become 'par rahi hai' - you get the gist.

Haha your puppy dog faces do work, see how I have started using them as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you darling Pallojee.

Lots of love.

Edited by debby - 13 years ago
debby thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: phoenixgirl

debby,am new here and urs is d first work am reading in WC..jus read d first one..loved it!amazing story!i cud relate to it well..nice language..it had a kind of flow to it..u knw, like a flowing river..the way u described d feeling of love and d way u used rains 4 it ws mindblowing!superb!
more comments aftr readin d rest!
love
harsha

the red bag and the new glass case..sweet one..took me bak to my school days..i cud see myself in the little debby's place as i used to b like tat only..

suicide-
well written. loved it..but the end was truly shocking!! u r an amazing writer debby..

@debby
finally finished reading!! okay so here r my comments-
Birthday party
..a cute story..loved it! a peek into d world of a six yr old..and a sweet emerging love story there..
Fool's Paradise
once again, u r an amazing writer..Madhav is a person v see a lot around us..touching story which makes me sit and think more abt it..
Getting Married
well this ws smthng i cud relate to.as i myself is dreading d day my parents wud announce smthng lik this to me..lol

debby u shud seriously consider publishing this collection..and if possible, pm me nxt tym u update..best wishes!

harsha

Hey Harsha :) welcome to WC :)

@Cubicle Near Hers: Aww I am so glad you liked that one! More so coz I did have ulterior motives for writing that one...Glad you liked the rain part... I can never help going on about rains.

@Red Bag...: Thanks a ton :) Delighted you cud relate to it. Indeed, those were such beautiful days.

@Suicide: Im happy you enjoyed reading the end :) I wrote this randomly on a gloomy afternoon ...so credit goes to the weather. :)

@Bday party: Yup. I used to have these lengthy birthday parties at home like any usual kid and oh my, how I miss them now. Thanks a lot :)

@Fool's paradise: Indeed Harsha, there are scores of Madhavs around us and it makes me sad.... Delighted you liked the story.

@Getting Married: Haha all the best. I am dreading it too!

Will surely PM you when I update next. Thanks a lot for taking time out to read all my stories. You made my morning. :)