Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Shakti's Interview

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Gur.N.cool

IF-Sizzlerz

Gur.N.cool

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:52am | IP Logged

One step up

S. M. Aamir

Shakti Mohan.
Shakti Mohan.

Shakti Mohan is an unassuming Delhi girl who could well have been a bureaucrat if destiny had dished out another round of cards.

Now she is seen on Zee TVs "Lux Dance India Dance" show, where she is among the top seven contestants. Incidentally, she has been the only girl in the short history of "Dance India Dance" to become the highest voted contestant.

Her expertise over the contemporary style has made her master Terence Lewis's trump card on the show.

Shakti's performances to "Khuda Jaane," "Chhaliya", "Ankhon Ki Gustakhiyan" and "Hum Tum Ek Kamre Mein Band Hon" act were very well appreciated by each and everyone.

Her most prized moment on the show came when none other than Amitabh Bachhan encouraged her saying, "you cannot afford to get tired at this stage."

In Delhi to promote Zee TV's upcoming "Dance India Dance Little Masters" show, Shakti took time out to answer a few questions about her career.

Did you always want to be a dancer?

No, initially I was preparing for IAS. I have done masters in Political Science but deep down in my heart I wanted to be a dancer.

Do you have a formal grooming in the medium?

I did not learn formal dancing in my childhood but for the past three years I have been learning under my guru Terence Lewis. He is very supportive and very technical. For the show also he is completely involved with the rehearsals.

Tell us about your "DID" experience?

I have been occupying the top slot for the last couple of weeks. In fact all through the show I have had great experiences and won new friends, but my best moment came when Amit ji visited the set and said, "You have to work hard and do not get tired." His words gave me a lot of confidence. Also Mithun da is a great source of inspiration who keeps motivating me and he is like a fatherly figure.

Is Bollywood the next step?

No, I do not want to be an actor. I am happy being a dancer.

But, isn't being only a dancer self-limiting in some ways?

Being a dancer alone is somewhat weird in India. But I am determined to blaze a trail. After the show I am planning to go to Europe for further training.

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/dance/article391762.ece

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

tubbipriyanka_1986babli1jeffmishahutaspsharmilacharmz517ashwik_arvi10Purrrfect-Miya-akannadmgmjht4everPrachi..anjali10divingdolphin21yipeeNishita123-Aysha-laddoo598set_rajchocolover89sunandshine--Rachna--mazkachazkaAngel-likeDevil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shakti's Interview" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sunandshine

IF-Sizzlerz

sunandshine

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article...May she acheive all that she has ever dreamt of Thumbs Up

Thats an amazing picture of Shakti..Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Purrrfectanjali10ShadowImbueAngel-likeDevil

laddoo598

IF-Sizzlerz

laddoo598

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I love the picture!!
Its so good to know she will continue to learn dancing..Most of the time after these reality shows people get involved in stage shows and forget all about nurturing their talent..Go Shakti!Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunandshineAngel-likeDevil

sunandshine

IF-Sizzlerz

sunandshine

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Laddoo--Did you notice...even in her off-stage pic, she has her fingers pointed.. Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tubbibabli1laddoo598yipeeAngel-likeDevil

charmz517

Goldie

charmz517

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Go Shakti!!!

I am sure she will be a huge dancer one day! Smile

I especially loved when she said "I am happy being a dancer!" Big smile

Edited by charmz517 - 08 April 2010 at 10:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunandshine

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:12am | IP Logged
TFS..Amazing girl with huge talent and beautiful pic...

I love her lines and smile on and off stage performing or not Big smile

yipee

laddoo598

IF-Sizzlerz

laddoo598

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunandshine

Laddoo--Did you notice...even in her off-stage pic, she has her fingers pointed.. Embarrassed

I did SAS..No wonder though..She is so dedicated and sincere towards dancing and she trained under Terence who is like the ultimate perfectionist..Clap

sunandshine

-desigirl-

IF-Dazzler

-desigirl-

Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:24am | IP Logged
awwwww thanks for sharing... go shakti! :)

Anjaani_Dastaan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top