•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago
BOBBY MOVING TOWARDS STARDOM

By Our Staff

Star Interviews

click for larger view
Bobby Deol is on way to stardom. Though he has been in Bollywood for several years, he has not become a hit star. Bobby is going to celebrate his birthday on 27th January but has not yet decided how. We met with him on this occasion.

Excerpts of his interview:

What's the meaning of life for you?

I believe that God has given us life. So, we must live a full life.

Are you happy with your life?

Yes. I am very lucky. I have got whatever I wished. I have such nice dad and so loving a brother. They have always supported me. I got married to the person I loved most. I have two sons--- Aryaman and Dharam. I have a good time with both of them. I need nothing else in life.

How are you celebrating your birthday?

I haven't planned it yet. However, I like to celebrate it in a simple way and with my family.

Why have you named your second son after your father?

click for larger view
This is because I am very much impressed with my father. And, I am influenced by my father's name. I wished to name my first son after him, but couldn't do it. Everybody advised me against it, saying that calling your son by your father's name will look odd. However, I didn't care for anyone, and named my second son Dharam.

How come you didn't become a hit like your father? Do you regret it?

No, I have no regret. I am still trying to follow in his footsteps. In the beginning, I made some mistakes by signing some wrong movies. Despite this I am not a flop actor. I have my own identity in the industry. Nobody calls me by the name of my dad.

What's your wish then?

I shall be very happy if the people say that Dharmendra is Bobby's dad.

How do you feel when Sunny is said to be a better actor than you?

click for larger view
My brother Sunny has his own identity. I am proud of him. He is not only a hero for me, but he is my idol as well as my advisor. Whenever anyone admires him I feel very happy. Really speaking, one should not compare me with Sunny. There is no comparison between two of us.

What's your comment on the failure of your recent release 'Ab Tumhare Hawale Wattan Saathiyon'?

Anyone cannot afford to be happy over the failure of his movie. Not only I but also all of us felt shocked over its failure.

How did you find working with Big B?

Amitji is not an actor only for me, he is a friend of my dad, and he is like a father to me. During the work with him, I learnt a lot, as he is a brilliant actor and a good human being.

What are your plans for this year? .

I wish to reform myself so that it can help me in establishing myself in the industry. I wish to be an evergreen actor like my dad and my elder brother.

Are you doing 'Barsaat' again? Was it earlier offered to Akshay Kumar?

Akshay didn't have dates. So, he quit this movie. Later, Sunil Darshan offered me, and I checked with Akshay if he had any problem. I signed 'Barssat' only after Akshay said that he had no problem.

Meanwhile, we talked to Dharamji and Sunny too. Excerpts of our talk with them:

click for larger view
Dharamji says, " I am very lucky to have two sons like Sunny and Bobby. God has awarded me for my good deeds in the past life. Moreover, Bobby is very attached with me; he has named his second son even after me. He loves me and gets upset with a small problem facing me. Bobby's acting career growth is slow at the moment, but he would soon improve upon it. Both the brothers love each other. They frankly discuss their matters with each other. There is a fine-tuning between them."

Sunny says, " I love Bobby very much. He loves me too. He discusses even his minor things with me. I treat him as my son. We are like friends too. Bobby is a very kind-hearted person. Since both of us are busy, we do find time to talk to each other in leisure. I haven't yet decided about his birthday gift. But I shall give him a very affectionate one. I have no worry about his acting career. I know he can make his position in the industry with his hard work. Though his films have flopped, but his acting has never had unfavorable criticism. Once he gets a good script, he would prove his skill."