Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 25 November 2005 at 3:54pm | IP Logged

Hey all,

What do you think about 50 cent not allowed in Canada (Toronto)? Because he has a criminal record in the past and is sending a bad message to the younger viewers, what do you think?

Should he be allowed in Canada or no?

In my opinion, I think he shouldnt, because he DID have a criminal record in the past. And if you have seen his music videos, they have to do with naked ladies showing off there bodies or violence. I personally think thats disgusting and is not sending a postive message out to the younger viewers like myself. Most of the songs he sings have to do with violence.

Over to you guyz,

Priya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "50 cent not allowed in Canada" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sharanb

IF-Dazzler

sharanb

Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
the gov't cannot ban music
they can try if they want but they will only be hurting them selves..
coz if they ban 50cent then the future voters of canada will not vte there party back into office
wats the point u cant fight media y rty?

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 26 November 2005 at 8:55am | IP Logged
hes not the only 1 with dirty videos and violent lirics and a criminal record u know..banning his music isnt right pplz shud have the right 2 choose hu they listen 2 the gov't shudnt interfere

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 26 November 2005 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
I also don't think the govt should ban his music. Yes, his music is very derogatory in nature, but there is freedom of speech and freedom of expression, and so he is allowed to come out with such music.

If parents don't want their kids listening to it, then they should ban it within their homes, but the govt really doesn't have the right.

Anyway, if kids really want to hear it, they will find other ways to listen to it despite the govt ban.

and why only 50 cent? There's loads of other singers/rappers whose music is far worse imo...

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 26 November 2005 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
actually I kinda like him but yeah they do have girls dancing nude and he does have a bad record

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 27 November 2005 at 3:39am | IP Logged
don't know about the background .. but he is really good singer ...

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Fine he has a criminal recorde, fine he has naked ladies prancing around, fine his lyrics are bad and fine his videos show violence....BUT that's media for you. If people have a problem saying that its sending out a bad message to young kids, well its parents responsibility to see what their kids are watching or listening too. 50 cent is trying to make living, that's how he makes his money. Why don't they not allow Eminem from coming here? Why don't they not allow Christina Aguilera from coming here? Has anyone seen her video for "Dirty"......enough said. 50 cent has naked ladies in his videos.......well, has anyone heard the lyrics of songs from Britney Spears who talks about "sex" but is a sex symbol herself? Why doesn't gov't ban her from coming to canada seeing as how millions..........no billions of little to younge teenage girls adore her.?

I am NOT a fan of 50 cent nor am I trying to defend him. My point is that if gov't is gonna stop him from coming to canada because of his music and videos, then gov't should look again cause there's worst things happening in the world. You can't control everyone. And as for young kids being influenced negatively because of people like 50 cent, well, its not as much as media's fault as it is the parents fault.

Then again.......this is all my own opinion. Big smile

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 27 November 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
dont worry; this is only political BS. the Liberals apparently dont have anything else on their agenda.

next year they will be welcoming him with open arms, doing his aarti and putting a garland around his neck. Tongue

instead of banning 50 cent, why dont they keep the freeze on university tuition fees???? Angry

Edited by MysticaMagic - 27 November 2005 at 4:16pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top