*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
AISH PEPPED UP ABOUT 'SHABD'

By Aira

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Aishwarya Rai is an absolute confident person! With not many a hits in 2004 and not a great start in 2005 with 'Raincoat', this actor is hardly concerned. The beautiful Rai is all pepped about her forthcoming release 'Shabd'. We found out more about the film, among many other things, during our chat with her.

Excerpts of her chat:

Let's start with the year 2004. This was not that great a year for you. Is there a lot you are putting on 'Shabd'?

I don't think so! Earlier flops or hits used to really make me jittery. But now I have been in the industry for quite some time, and it doesn't bother me anymore. I do a film because I want to do it. I like the script or the director. If it's a hit, it's great otherwise it's all right. I take it in my stride.

What is 'Shabd' all about? What do you play in it?

click for larger view
I play Sanjay Dutt's wife in the film. Sanjay is a writer and is struggling to write his next book. This film is really distinct. It will be counted as one of my realistic roles. And the best part and the most difficult one was that a lot of shots were uncut, so it was interesting to shoot.

There is a lot written about you doing Hollywood films. A lot of projects are taking your name. Tell us which ones have you actually signed?

click for larger view
What happens in the west is that there's a huge time lapse between signing the film and actually starting to shoot for it and therefore when I have agreed to do some films, it's still taking time to get on the floor. But I am definitely doing Meryl Streep's 'Chaos' and Michael Douglas's 'Racing Against The Monsoon'. I am doing a few others, but will let you know when the time comes.

You seem to be loved by the masses abroad. Do you think you are the pin-up girl from India?

It's very flattering. But honestly I don't know if I am but I am definitely overwhelmed and grateful for their liking towards me.

Do you think 'Bride and Prejudice' has played a vital role in making you a household name in the UK and the US?

click for larger view
It was my first English film and my performance was immensely appreciated abroad. Made by a British director for an audience in the UK and the US, it definitely made a difference. And when they saw that I could do a decent job in English as well, that's when I guess they accepted me even more.

You have a love and hate relationship with the media. Didn't you get a lot of flack for 'Bride and Prejudice' in India?

click for larger view
Frankly speaking, they don't offend me. Criticism and appreciation is the part and parcel of their profession. But what irks me is when they start writing or discussing trivial issues like my outfits and all. It'll be nice if they could talk about the larger issue at hand.

After 'Shabd', what do we see you in?

I think the next release will be 'Bunty and Babli' directed by Shaad Ali in which I am just doing a song. It's Aditya Chopra who dragged me into it. So it's more out of friendship than anything else.

Isn't its song with the Bachhans, with whom you have shared the screen earlier?

Oh yes. With Amitji, I have done 'Mohabbatein' and 'Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahin'. With Abhishek, I did 'Dhai Akshar Prem Ke' and 'Kuchh Naa Kaho'.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "AISH PEPPED UP ABOUT 'SHABD'" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

abladabla

abladabla

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing..

barbie

IF-Veteran Member

barbie