*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
BALAJI TRYING A COMEDY NOW

By Aira

In the News

click for larger view
Balaji Telefilms is trying their hand at another film. This time it's not the horror film, which they have been experimenting in their last two films, but this time it's a comedy. 'Kya Kool Hain Hum' stars Tusshar Kapoor, Ritesh Deshmukh, Neha Dhupia and Isha Koppikar. The film had its music launched in Mumbai recently.

Tusshar and Isha have worked with Balaji before. Tusshar in 'Koi To Hain' and Isha in 'Krishna Cottage'. For both of them their films didn't do well, but they are quite hopeful about this film. "It's an honor for me to work with the same set up and production house. Usually one doesn't approach you if they have had a flop with you, but Balaji is different. This time it's a new genre that they are trying, and for me also it's different in terms of doing a comedy," says Isha Koppikar. Being the brother of Ekta Kapoor, Tusshar by default has to do a Balaji film if approached. 'Krishna Cottage' had Sohail Khan as Tusshar didn't have any dates but he couldn't ditch his sister once again. "That it was a date problem but now I had the time so I said yes to 'Kya Kool' The film is a light entertainer. I love the music of the film. It has a few dance numbers, which are rocking. And I hope this time Ekta's film works," says a very supportive brother Tusshar.

The other two actors in the film are also very happy about the film. "I have done a light entertainer earlier which was 'Masti', but that was on male bonding. This is different from that. This is about youngsters.

click for larger view
I am sure a lot of them will identify once they seethe film," says a very excited Ritesh. For Neha Dhupia, it's a new genre she is trying. Known for doing bold films, this film is a little odd for her. "I know that after doing 'Julie' and 'Sheesha' on the release, people have tagged me with doing bold films. But with 'Kya Kool'I hope that they will recognize the actor in me and actually see my versatility. For me it was a completely new experience to do a light film with humorous elements and situations. I am sure the audiences will welcome a film like this," says Neha. The producer Ekta Kapoor is as always confident about her film. "I know my last two films or rather all my films haven't worked at the box-office and therefore I thought that this time we need to change the genre. I hope that people like this. If they don't, then I will try and make another film until I hit the right cord with the audience."

click for larger view
The music of the film is by Anu Mallik and there's a song by Rishi Rich project, which is sung by Jay Shean. They also performed at the music launch. " It's really nice that I got to sing in a Hindi film, it opens my avenues and gives me the experience for which millions die for," says Jay, whose recent album is quite a hit in India.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BALAJI TRYING A COMEDY NOW" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Go to top